Candle Preferences

Due to circumstances beyond my control since getting into this hobby I've always been a incall guy. I've finally moved into a decent enough place to be able to have "company" over without being ashamed of the state of the place and/or neighborhood or having to worry about discretion. Once I'm done unpacking and everything I'm planning on having my first Outcall experience. I've never been a fan of bright lights during the encounter, but I still like things to be bright enough that I can still see all the wonderfully juicy things going on and the beautiful lady herself. In that sense I'm kind of a voyeur. I was thinking about getting colored (red) bulbs, but then decided that would maybe seem a little too "ghetto". Not to mention the risk of maybe offending a SP with the whole "red light" connotations that may bring up. So finally I decided on candles.

Now that the long winded explanation is out of the way (sorry 'bout that), the question is this: Ladies, do you have any preferences when it comes to candles, for example, preferred scents? maybe you prefer non-scented? A particular brand maybe? Basically, anything that gets your juices flowing so to speak ;)

Guys, you can answer this too, if there's a particular kind of candle you've noticed that ladies react well to, whether that be your SO or a SP, feel free to chime in.

Thanks All!! :)

Some sp's I have seen used scented candles with such smells as vanilla (might be a fan favorite). But personally i have never had a outcall, but with non sp girls I just put like a light cotton towel over a lamp that is in the room. It might sound weird but it seems to give like a nice lighting to the room such that you can see but it is not to bright. I hope this helped you out my man.

Guest **cely***r***ne

I use scented candles all the time! In my opinion Vanilla and other sweet smells are always welcoming to the nose.

Sometimes I use aromatherapy candles. Passion or Sensual are light fruity/floral scents. A nice scent to relax the senses is Lavender/Chamomile...

But my advise to you would be while shopping, smell the candles and if you like it then it should be good!

I highly recommend going with unscented candles. While some scents may be more popular than others, it doesn't mean that everyone will appreciate them. Take vanilla for example (as others have mentioned); I can't stand anything that is scented with vanilla. It gives me the worst headache. That's the trouble when picking out things like scented candles or perfumes, what is appealing to some, is not appealing to others. Our sense of smell is so powerful and different scents can trigger different reactions, be it emotional, mental or physiological...some good, some bad. So, to be on the safe side, you might want to consider going unscented ;).

And congrats on the new place :mrgreen:!

Guest **cely***r***ne
I highly recommend going with unscented candles. While some scents may be more popular than others, it doesn't mean that everyone will appreciate them. Take vanilla for example (as others have mentioned); I can't stand anything that is scented with vanilla. It gives me the worst headache. That's the trouble when picking out things like scented candles or perfumes, what is appealing to some, is not appealing to others. Our sense of smell is so powerful and different scents can trigger different reactions, be it emotional, mental or physiological...some good, some bad. So, to be on the safe side, you might want to consider going unscented ;).

And congrats on the new place :mrgreen:!

This is true! I never thought of the association with scents and the different triggers you mentioned! Thanks for the enlightenment! Id hate to have someone leave my locale with a headache :(

Id hate to have someone leave my locale with a headache :(

With a headache, really? Angel I have left your locale light headed but never with a headache.;)

Back to the topic at hand. Although I enjoy the smell of lightly scented candles others do not, for varying reasons. As Ava has already pointed out some people have alergies or sensitivities to various scents or aromas therefore they can not enjoy themselves fully during the encounter. I actually had a lady ask me in a pm prior to us meeting if I had any allergies or sensitivities that might be brought on by her choice of candles or incense. At the time I never thought anything of it...that is until I read this thread. A wise question indeed!

Edited by S***ec*****s
Added comments

I personally find using a lot of smaller candles around the room to cast a much nicer glow than one or two lights. I like to stick to one very, very light scent (approx. 1 scented candle per 200 -300 sq. feet) and have the rest of the candles unscented. I generally prefer fresh scents, ones that you won't walk in and assume is a scented candle but rather might think is just the lingering scent of the freshly washed linens or you get a very light citrus scent that you can't quite place, something very fresh and clean.

As far as candle arrangements I think it's nice to have one larger arrangement if possible, something set up like this...

square%20and%20round%20pillar%20candles.jpg

Then I like to have a lot of tealights or votives around the room. This is obviously a table setting which isn't really what you'll need but I thought it might show how a bunch of smaller candles scattered about might dress up an armoir, end table, etc.

image.axd?picture=2010%2F7%2Fcandleglow.jpg

Anyway those are just my preferences, I'm sure everyone else will have some great advice as well.

Oh and a final tip, having a lot of candles lit will increase the temperature of the room. It may help if you lower the temperature a little before your guest arrives, you might be a touch cold at first but once you have 20-30 little flames going in one small room and start to generate a little heat yourself you'll be glad you don't have your thermostat set high.

• Like 2

I am always one for going against the grain, but I still think you can fully enjoy yourself during the ecounter, scented candes or not. Just depends if it is your thing. This lack of smell can be made up in different ways to fully enjoy the experience.

As Ava has already pointed out some people have alergies or sensitivities to various scents or aromas therefore they can not enjoy themselves fully during the encounter.

the question is this: Ladies, do you have any preferences when it comes to candles, for example, preferred scents? maybe you prefer non-scented? A particular brand maybe? Basically, anything that gets your juices flowing so to speak ;)

Lavender is my preference..natural aromatherapy.. naturally calming and relieves nervous tension, anxiety and emotional stress.

Unscented always works too..

Edited by Victoria Banks

Lavender is my preference..natural aromatherapy.. naturally calming and relieves nervous tension, anxiety and emotional stress.

Unscented always works too..

I thought that's why we go to see ladies, to relieve tension, anxiety and stress

RG ;):rolleyes:;)

I recommend that people use unscented candles and perhaps lay off of the heavy perfumes! As our society continues to add more and more chemical in the air we breathe, our health and Immune system are getting weaker and weaker. Why expose yourself and other to more toxins when you could use that extra immunity when you are stuck in an elevator with a person who has never heard of ?Less is more?.

IMHO Apex

Guest S**a*Q

They should have bacon scented candles :)

That would be amazing :) Haha!

I bet they do have that somewhere...

Another thing to consider for everyone that has recommended unscented for health reasons (headaches, toxins, etc.) I would also suggest you look into the quality of the candles, scents, ingredients, etc. itself. The issue isn't always as simple as the scent being used as what products the manufacturing company puts into the candle, for some the answer might be as simple as ensuring that the scents used come only from essential oils, for others you might want to ensure that you are not burning parrafin candles - soy is often a good alternative.

Investing in quality products can make a huge difference and it's important to do your research and find the best quality products for your audience. If you are going to entertain a number of people in your home then you are likely to have just as many issues with unscented parrafin candles as you would lightly scented 100% soy candles. I've only met 2 people with an allergy to a specific essential oil but many that were allergic to synthetics, ensuring that you don't use synthetic fragrances (even in your perfume) is one way to ensure your guests are comfortable. It has been my experience that those with severe scent allergies will inform you in advance as they want an issue about as much as you want one.

Oh and Sara...

bacon_votive-2T.jpg

Another thing to consider for everyone that has recommended unscented for health reasons (headaches, toxins, etc.) I would also suggest you look into the quality of the candles, scents, ingredients, etc. itself. The issue isn't always as simple as the scent being used as what products the manufacturing company puts into the candle, for some the answer might be as simple as ensuring that the scents used come only from essential oils, for others you might want to ensure that you are not burning parrafin candles - soy is often a good alternative.

Investing in quality products can make a huge difference and it's important to do your research and find the best quality products for your audience. If you are going to entertain a number of people in your home then you are likely to have just as many issues with unscented parrafin candles as you would lightly scented 100% soy candles. I've only met 2 people with an allergy to a specific essential oil but many that were allergic to synthetics, ensuring that you don't use synthetic fragrances (even in your perfume) is one way to ensure your guests are comfortable. It has been my experience that those with severe scent allergies will inform you in advance as they want an issue about as much as you want one.

Oh and Sara...

bacon_votive-2T.jpg

This is true, JUST ME A MAN, DO IT WITH THE LIGHTS ON TO THE SOUND OF ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!

:bddog:

As a person who has had a few "fire scares", I don't generally burn candles.

Also, if you do choose to burn candles, please buy good quality ones. I get headaches from most "dollar store" candles. Who knows what they're made of.

I prefer the battery operated "flameless" candles. There are some really need styles out there.

I like candles...but I am one who sometimes finds that candles can add extra heat to a room.......and that can be a problem..........so be sparing when using candles and be aware of the room tempwerature.....

Raising the room temp with body heat is fun.....but adding to it with candles.....can cause body stresses

I do find the light from candles as a certain sexy ambiance to the room.

With regards to scents, I find it strange that I haven't ever been bothered by any candle scents, but I have been bothered by certain strong perfume scents. There are many people that do have sensitivities to certain scents though so that is definitely something SPs should keep in mind or inform their clients if certain scents bother them.

I prefer the battery operated "flameless" candles. There are some really need styles out there.

That is not the only battery operated item she liks!!!

LOL

Could not resist.

You have my vote for Lavender !!

And if you care to massage her

The Lavender oil is said to soothe headaches, migraines and motion sickness when applied to the temples. It is frequently used as an aid to sleep and relaxation.

I LOVE candles! I always go for anything that smells like baked goods; pumpkin pie, vanilla sugar cookies, apple crumble.

But it's very true and very important: get good quality candles.

Look for candles that are make of soy or, even better, Bees Wax. This will ensure way less chemicals being breathed in, which leads to less headaches, etc. which even I experience from time to time.

If your head hurts and your nostrils seem dry, the candle is full of chemicals and probably nothing natural.

Just a few thoughts for you.

Thanks for the tips everyone! Seems like the best bet for me is to get a variety of different scents as well as unscented. And yes Cleo, cookies and/or cupcakes will be included among the scents (if I can find them...oh yeah, and bacon for Sara :D).

At least with a variety I can simply ask the SP in question before hand if she has any preferences or sensitivities, and when in doubt, go with the unscented.

And thanks for the tip Mia, I'll definitely try and find some quality ones (and mmmmm...apple crumble...that sounds pretty good!).

And thanks to everyone who mentioned the heat aspect. That's not something I'd considered, and would probably not have gone well. I'll have to remember to lower the heat and/or open the window a crack a little before the encounter.

If anyone has any other input, keep it coming!

Now for the second part of my question (I know, it never ends :P), does anyone know where I would go about getting some quality candles and not a cheap brand?

You can get good quality candles by staying away from dollar and discount stores. For convenience, a good department store (I'm not much of a shopper so I don't know names (The Bay?) , my expertise is via wholesale lol -- go to the source) and/or mid-upper range gift shops. In a boutique type shop and/or aromatherapy type store you are likely to find special collections or handmade candles. You might be able to find a candle store where candles are actually made there .

You can also order online if you are planning to really go to town with the candle idea. You might also consider good candle plates, candle holders, and/or using candle lanterns. Candle plates are wider than holders, and if it is a dripper, you won't have melty wax all over the floor or table. Candle lanterns, same idea, plus less likely of tipping over if jostled and/or some lanterns can be hung from ceiling hooks.

I am not familiar with the area so I just did a quick search online for soy candles. I personally prefer them to beeswax as they burn at a much lower temp which not only helps keeps the temperature lower but also reduces the chance of burning yourself should you have an accident, add to that they cost much less to manufacture (which should mean they cost less, though we all know that isn't always the case) and of course soy doesn't disrupt beehives which may or may not be a consideration for you. There are many stores that offer both and I'm sure you'll be able to find which ever you prefer.

In addition you can often find soy massage candles, there are a few in the first link, if you haven't tried them you should it's a great product you can add to your fun with your date. :)

http://www.ottawavalleyfood.org/shop/producers/candl.php

Online stores -

http://www.canadacandleshop.com/

http://www.harvestlanecandleco.com/store/

http://www.greencandlesonline.com/

Thanks for the tips everyone! Seems like the best bet for me is to get a variety of different scents as well as unscented. And yes Cleo, cookies and/or cupcakes will be included among the scents (if I can find them...oh yeah, and bacon for Sara :D).

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sm185: