Silly Me Category (or learning from mistakes)

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I thought it would be fun to share laughs about silly mistakes and learn lessons in life from those mistakes.

For instance, in preparing for Christmas this year, I spent the entire past weekend cleaning the house (a full cleaning, top to bottom), then tonight, I did my Christmas baking.

Flour all over the floor. Icing sugar all over the table and floor. Cinnamon everywhere, counters dirty.

Lesson learned: clean up after you bake not beforehand!

Please share any funny or sad stories, all is meant for fun and maybe we can all laugh and learn!

I can relate. Having carpet stairs cleaned and then delivery guys coming in my new tv with their boots on. Good thing i have grey industrial type carpets on the stairs and hardwood elsewhere like in my living room.

The silly mistakes I have made in my life are too numerous to count. I am not sure if my judgment has improved or my heart has shriveled, but I do know I don't do near as many foolish things as I used to.

I have done this mistake many times and its always the same story. I broke up a relationship with an ex but we stayed friends, she was living at her parents back then and she decided to move out to an apartment but she was broke. I told her to first find herself a job and then I would help her out. She found a job, I lend her $1000.00, help her move, she finds herself a boyfriend at her work and he was jealous so he told her not to see me anymore.

You guessed it I never seen her after neither did I see my money back.

I was out at bars with friends and one of my buddy who was a bit intoxicated wanted to keep partying and asked to borrow $50.00, never seen it after, he claims he had enough money on him to party all weekend long. That was the end of a relationship. I still see him once in a while and we talk but I don't hang around with him.

Last winter left an UN opened can of Mountain Dew in my car next morning I thought I had frost inside my car, overnight the can exploded and a small jet of dew sprayed inside what a mess

A girlfriend was over and we were taking a well-earned break. She looked over at the phone on the bedside table and got upset with me. She wanted to know why her name was in my speed dial library at position FIVE! I told her that it was right in the middle of the phone pad, like she was in my life.

Begin round 2.

After that, I got a smaller handset phone that faced down when not in use.

Thank god she didn't ask about positions 1-4.

Don't wear a plain, black kilt in the CR. Certain stains show quite well against that colour.

Either that, or don't try as hard to reciprocate. Take it like a man. Close your eyes and think of England.

• Like 1