A Christmas Carol - which one?

Guest G***f******

There are many versions of this story that have been translated to film and television. Which is you favorite? Are you a fan of the classic and there is o other Scrooge but Alistair Sim for you? Maybe you like the animated version from Disney that introduced us to everyones favorite billionaire water fowl.

Personally, I have two favorites, the first is the little know version with Henry Winkler called An American Christmas Carol and the second is Scrooged with Bill Murray. It's just so damn funny that every year I have to watch both Scrooged and Christmas Vacation or it doesn't feel like the holidays to me.

The 1951 version with Alastair Sim. There is nothing better to warm the cockles of your heart during the holiday season. I've been watching it every year since I was a kid.

• Like 1

The 1951 Alistair Sim version, which was originally titled Scrooge. It was changed to A Christmas Carol for its US release. It is in my opinion the one adaptation that is closest to Dicken's original brilliant story.

The first major release was the 1938 American-made version, with a very young June Lockhart in her first role. A little too-Americanized and saccharin for my tastes.

Alistair Sim will always be Scrooge in my book.

• Like 2

Both the 1951 Alistair Sims classic plus Bill Murray's Scrooged are tied on my list. I love them both and watch them every year.

My favourite is the radio version on CBC radio 1. I used to listen to it over five days while commuting to work on the west coast.

Alistair Sim, hands down...and even when shown colourized, I change the settings on my tv so it is black and white

Just the change in expression and on Scrooge's face in the beginning to when he sees the light at the end, excellent acting on Sim's part...played the role well

And it's my absolute number one favorite Christmas movie of all time

RG

There's also another version of "Scrooge" which stars Patrick Stewart (Star Trek TNG) I think it came out in 1999... it's a close second in my book.

Alastair Sim is the total incarnation of Scrooge. I don't think that version can be topped.

Brilliant, from his initial harshness to his final transformation/redemption.

Guest **ng***1

Alastair Sim is Scrooge to me. Its like Sean Connery is James Bond. I do like some of the others, like Scrooged, and Jim Careys new version, but the 1951 version is my favourite. Happy Holidays!!!! "in keepin with the situation".

The Bill Murray one rocks. Going to try watching the Jim Carey version tonight. I hear it might

be a bit too scarey for kids though, so I also have the Muppet version

ready to go if the Carey movie is too much.

Posted via Mobile Device