Reading the thread about missing "Hooters" in Ottawa made me think of a fun place I visit every time I go down South to New Mexico on business. It is a sports bar with a "Lumberjack" type motif. Twin Peaks is a chain only found in Texas, NM and there is one in Oklahoma. The girls are beautiful and they take the time to join you at your table to chat. The food is good but the menu is limited. The beer is great and is served ice cold through a special draft operation that displays the beer temp at about 32F.

Do you think this type of establishment would catch on here in Canada?

The home page is kind of fun. Have a look.

http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com

Have you tried Moxies on Ogilvie? The ladies there compare equally to the Twin Peaks gang. Just ask for a table upstairs. There is a new Moxies in the south end too, but haven't been there yet.

I agree, Moxies is a great place. I have never had a bad meal and the girls in their black ensemble are hot. Have not been back to the bar upstairs for a while. Maybe some time for Christmas cheer.....

If you get out West, Earl's is also a great restaurant to enjoy a wonderful meal served by beautiful, friendly women. Guaranteed, no one is hired over the phone... Don't know why the franchised hasn't moved East of Winnipeg.

If ever you drive by Montreal on the 40 going East you can pull out on the Lacordaire exit and follow the service lane there is a restaurant called "Houster" and I would be willing to say that they are much better looking then the girls of "Hooters".

I do travel out West in the states but never in Texas or NM. Some restaurants that I did enjoy the food as much as the girls was "Premier" and "Red Robin".

After re-reading my comments and your post, I noticed that you asked if "Twin Peaks" would catch in Ottawa? I would love to say yes but I would like to know why "Hooters" did not work here in first place, this might answer your question.

Have you tried Moxies on Ogilvie? The ladies there compare equally to the Twin Peaks gang. Just ask for a table upstairs. There is a new Moxies in the south end too, but haven't been there yet.

Also in Hunt Club and at the Centrum in Kanata and a small one at Bayshore!