Cerb - slow page loads

The main database server (as many of you have noticed) is maxing out (BADLY) during peek times (1pm it starts to get a little slow and by 5pm it's really noticeable till about midnight)

The page load times are getting SLOWER and SLOWER as the site traffic has literally quadrupled over the weekend due to the increase from CL closing the exotic ads section.

So.. we need to add yet ANOTHER server to run the site.

So please bare with us over the next few days as we set up and configure the servers and system (We will try to do everything during off hours) but going to the next step (Slaved databases) is a BIG step and rather complex. I am going to have to call in some outside help for this one and dip into our 2011 budget already :(

Just worked out how much this upgrade is going to take out of our budget... I think I need a drink!!

Anyone interesting in purchasing banners on the front page of the site or any other spots let me know... I need to find a way to raise our budget ;(

I noticed a slower response in uploading as well. It should get interesting with an influx of new members and visitors. New blood mixed with the old is always healthy IMHO.

Just worked out how much this upgrade is going to take out of our budget... I think I need a drink!!

Anyone interesting in purchasing banners on the front page of the site or any other spots let me know... I need to find a way to raise our budget ;(

Hey I offered to buy you a beer in the past! So the next time I am in Berry, the rounds will be on me!

Additional Comments:

Is it possible to clear out past useres that have not been on the site for over 6 mth? If there are many inactive useres taking up valuable server space, deleting them could be an option.

I am not sure this would help, but I think a lot of users leave themselves logged in when finished their sessions. I would suggest each member make sure that they log out when they're finished as a regular practice.

Is it possible to set up a donation link for people who frequent the site to be able to donate funds to help keep the site running? I am sure there are some people with a strong enough connection to cerb to donate. My apoligies if this issue has come up in the past or if there are legal problems, I'm not an avid reader of the boards.

accepting donations/gifts can have unwanted legal issues. ... but the offer and consideration is nice. thankfully if the increase in traffic on cerb from the closure of the erotic section of cl continues .... our budget will increase as the more traffic cerb gets the bigger the budget!

also I am going to add a premium billboard banner or some banner buttons on the front page of cerb. these will be enough to cover the new server costs if we can sell them. I hope.

not a farm yet. one really big 8 core server one quad core un the main site. technically that is 12 CPU cores however and over 24 gigs of ram..... then we have a server or the chat room and a offsite backup server but that doesn't count. ;)

I think we need to upgrade the quad core server soon too... it's still slowing down and we maxed the ram out.... maybe next month.

8-)I was hoping more people would come to cerb...... did not know that they would come by the boat full.

Quick question....I have found the loading of pages,or going from forums,profiles,posting,pictures etc etc slow again,and I realize the site will be that way until changes are made. I have rebooted etc etc is there other members finding the same issue? Anything else that could speed up the process from my stand point?

It's brutally SLOW again. :( poor servers can't keep up. Over 1600 people on the site at this very moment. The servers tanked and were offline for 3 hours today. I am doing eveyrthing I can to keep them alive till the upgrade.

The main server is taking a beating and I have ordered a new one and later this week I will be upgrading it. The traffic is just INSANE since the CL close. First the database server was getting pummeled and now that that was upgraded to a massive 8 core 16GB xeon system it's humming along just fine but the core server (Runs the PHP scripts) is seeing 8 second delays (and in the world of page load times that is HUGE) so yesterday I ordered a new 4 core (8 hyperthread) system for the core server and I will be upgrading that later in the week.

Expect some down time however as this will be a MAJOR update and I do need to take the server offline for some time to complete this update.

Mod,

Thanks for all the hard work on our behalf. We appreciate what you do, even if we do not always say so.

WR

It's brutally SLOW again. :( poor servers can't keep up. Over 1600 people on the site at this very moment. The servers tanked and were offline for 3 hours today. I am doing eveyrthing I can to keep them alive till the upgrade.

The main server is taking a beating and I have ordered a new one and later this week I will be upgrading it. The traffic is just INSANE since the CL close. First the database server was getting pummeled and now that that was upgraded to a massive 8 core 16GB xeon system it's humming along just fine but the core server (Runs the PHP scripts) is seeing 8 second delays (and in the world of page load times that is HUGE) so yesterday I ordered a new 4 core (8 hyperthread) system for the core server and I will be upgrading that later in the week.

Expect some down time however as this will be a MAJOR update and I do need to take the server offline for some time to complete this update.

Wow, that's crazy! Is there anything we can do to help out? I appreciate all your hard work and dedication!

Not sure if this is related or not or if it's a problem on my end but is anyone else having trouble viewing pics? I can see the thumbnails just fine but when I click to enlarge nothing shows up. The page with comments of the pic pops up but not the pic itself.

and I sent in a report to Mod hopefully can be corrected, as I enjoy my viewing pleasure ;)

Not sure if this is related or not or if it's a problem on my end but is anyone else having trouble viewing pics? I can see the thumbnails just fine but when I click to enlarge nothing shows up. The page with comments of the pic pops up but not the pic itself.

Oh thank god it's not just me! I was worried I had some stupid virus or something.

Mod,

I am glad this thread exists and that you post comments on the status of the service.

I was having the same problem with viewing pics and instead of PMing you, I took the time to read the latest posts to find that the issue has already been pointed out.

Reading this post and not PMing you means that you can focus on the issues and not have to respond to my drop of a PM in what probably adds to an existing flood of inquiries.

Keep up the great work!! Without a doubt, the site is well appreciated by great many.

eb

I too am glad to read this thread. I thought it was my computer. Whew!

It's nice to see all the new members signing up, but I guess it's a bit much to handle all at once. Thanks to MOD for being on the ball.