TESTING - Server Update - Fixing broken stuff

I'm still finding it really slow posting and navigating between pages.

Can only have access to the site via iPhone.

From my computer, each time i try to log, it leads me to the login page. I try to find a way to solve that.

Posted via Mobile Device

delete your cookies and come back in. anyone who accessed the site during the migration has a cookie from the ip address and not the cerb.ca cookie... this causes a conflict so you need to delete all cookies and log back in.

Update: As of today one of the missing components (Memcached) is now running so the page load times just got MUCH faster.

I have an appointment on Thursday afternoon with a friend who is going to assist me in getting xcache and lighthttpd running as well (I hope) and do some other optimization work for us with the database so...

We may have some down time between 3pm and 9pm EST.

I have been monitoring it and with a peak so far of 1,388 people on the site and .16 load and pages seam to be loading quick so this is a HUGE improvement already. A week ago we would be at a load of 6+ with this many users and at least a 14 second page load delay.

I noted on the tech upgrade thread that the online members list is gone again, after being back for a while. I think it's a useful feature to have, if possible, because it encourages communication.

Last night at 5 and 6 pm it was really slow, but that could be possibly due to the number of members active and online, now this morning it has been really quick.

We also seem to have lost the edit function on posts made on members' profile pages. I wanted to correct something I had posted but couldn't.

I believe that option has been taken away,as well as on the photo album comments.

We also seem to have lost the edit function on posts made on members' profile pages. I wanted to correct something I had posted but couldn't.

I noted on the tech upgrade thread that the online members list is gone again, after being back for a while. I think it's a useful feature to have, if possible, because it encourages communication.

Yes, it chews up a LARGE portion of the system resources (especially at peek times) I have been trying to find out why.

Last night at 5 and 6 pm it was really slow, but that could be possibly due to the number of members active and online, now this morning it has been really quick.

This is the busiest time on the site and it really bogs down. To make matters worse we have 160+ search engine spiders on the site last night (over 100 from bing.com) and it was really kicking the crap out of the page load times. Like I mentioned I have a meeting thursday (Tomorrow) with a friend who should be able to assist me in getting this running better during peek times.

I believe that option has been taken away,as well as on the photo album comments.

It was, it was being abused and the only logical thing was to remove it.