About shopping car pieces in the Maritimes

I hope there are people around that could answer about this question:

I am curious presently if there is around the Maritimes a more better prices about car pieces like tires because I have been positively surprised about the gaz prices around here. :-)

So how much basically people are paying here, let's say for 17" tires? It starts to what price?

Personally I now shop for tires online. I find them expensive here. One of the online sites I use is quattro tires. Prices are very good, although you may not have heard of some of the brands, I do my research and read up on the reviews.

• Like 1

Hi Maria Divina,

Are the 17s you are looking for meant for a car or an SUV/light truck? Also, it matters wether you are looking for runflat tires or not. The question at the moment seems pretty open but getting those two bits of info will narrow down a price real easily for you : )

I went ahead and researched a medium sized generic vehicle that takes 17s to give you a starting point. You will pay mid to high $100s per tire, unless you know somebody who can get you a deal. As mentioned above, online research is great as well.

Edited by Hukupp
Example added.
  • Like 1

Thank you of both of you for your answers.

The 100$ a tire is just a bit lower that I've been offered in Quebec (about 500$ plus we have to add the Quebec & Federal taxes) so 100$ a tire is looking more about like 115$ in real.

So maybe it could be a good idea to check for that this next time I'm coming back. :-)

Thank you so much Meagan :-)

You know, a lots of people in Quebec are saying we are the province that is paying too much for everything (and this including our taxes) I couldn't be really ready to say this because I'm having an idea how it could cost to live in Toronto or Vancouver for living over there. But I thought that maybe near the water & precisely near ports where all the marchandise is arriving may have an effect on the price on some items, because they don't have big added transport fees to be arrived to the marchand. :-) "logically"