Oral sex causes what?

I saw this also. I wonder how many of the SP's either get tested for HPV or have had the vaccine ?

Better yet, I wonder what the actual prevalence is of orally transmitted STIs at all. I know there are risks, but is there actually a prevalence in the community of anything being passed around, and what are the SPs and clients doing to deal with it?

There are risks to everything. It is each individual who is THE best authority on conducting their own risk assessment and can decide which activities they participate in. One man's pain is another man pleasure. Play safe and play on.

• Like 3

Well, I mean, that's obvious. All I am getting at is that one of the greatest parts of the stigma of the industry is the myth that it is rife with disease and illness. Is it a myth, or is there some basis in truth? I'm not suggesting that SPs or clients are any less safe than bar patrons, but that too would be interesting to be able to see. If in fact the industry is generally safer, ie fewer reported cases (or none) of anything being passed around, it would dispel the myth. And, HPV is only one facet. It could in fact signal that there are lessons to be learned about safe sex practices that the industry could teach the "mainstream".

Or it could teach us that we just have a higher threshold for accepting risk of illness, which sounds doubtful.

I agree with Scribbles. He's simply trying to find out if any of the customers have it or not. I'd love to see a few ladies for oral without a condom, but I'm also wondering how safe the Ottawa industry is. I'm sure that none of the ladies that have an std will reply, but it would be great if the guys would seriously give their feedback on this subject!

Just be careful about this kind of information. The HPV vaccine has actually killed a number of people whereas I don't know of any deaths from HPV. Marketing this vaccination with a vague promise that it might cure oral cancer is unconscionable in my opinion.. typical of a hard sell is the fear mongering and no hard science that it actually prevents HPV!!!

The few people in my life that I know have HPV are not even sex workers. It's common in the general population. I limit my exposure by offering safe GFE. It may seem hypocritical to offer daty and not bbbj.. but that's my comfort boundary limit :)

Guest s******ecan****
Just be careful about this kind of information. The HPV vaccine has actually killed a number of people.......

Not according to the CDC

There are a number of risks associated with this industry, and most are manageable by goos safe sex practices. I take from the article that oral sex in relationship to this virus is pretty low risk. So for me, from a risk reward perspective, the rewards of enjoying the ladies far outways the risk.

There are risks with everything it seems. Driving to work can be dangerous.

Flying can be dangerous. But I'm not going to stop taking vacations in hot tropical destinations.

Its all about risk management and not being overly reckless.

The safest place for a ship is tied up at port...but that is not where your ship was designed to be. So I say get out there and float your boat.

Have some oral sex if that's your thing. And enjoy life.

Posted via Mobile Device

Not according to the CDC

Asking the CDC for this type of information on any vaccine is akin to shilling. The FDA is the same.. many drugs have been exposed to have been extremely harmful but they are also extremely lucrative... take away the financial incentive to get the truth for starters..

Take aspertame. Donald Rumsfeld went from Searle (makers of aspertame) to the FDA to approve it. http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm

It's still on the market after having been exposed as very neurotoxic. It's even renamed and repromoted as healthy. Only one example.. but there are several others.

Take aspertame. Donald Rumsfeld went from Searle (makers of aspertame) to the FDA to approve it. http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm

It's still on the market after having been exposed as very neurotoxic. It's even renamed and repromoted as healthy. Only one example.. but there are several others.

Aspertame is NOT toxic - its byproducts have shown to be toxic though. This is why you do not bake with aspertame (splenda is okay), or leave a diet coke in the car during a hot summer day. Only then can it break down into dangerous stuff.

Ricco...Aspertame is extremely toxic.. read the whole article. It was initially banned by the FDA until Rumsfeld forced it through. View several documentaries on it.. sweet misery, sweet poison.

view here http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and the movie sweet misery here >> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6551291488524526735#

I have personally met people who've had family members die from the type of cancers mentioned who drank large amts of diet coke/day.. ie. 2 L... people drinking less may not notice.. but doesn't make it any less poisonous

I know this is going way off topic.. and sorry for that.. but it comes down to.. take risks.. with full knowledge of the risks you're taking :)

Guest **n****er

This is why I'm so paranoid about everything. I'm a nut for most news stories...always have been since a little boy. And the amount of fear mongering mascarading as fact dealing with STI's has scared me into virtual celibacy. Ya I have issues LOL.

This is why I'm so paranoid about everything. I'm a nut for most news stories...always have been since a little boy. And the amount of fear mongering mascarading as fact dealing with STI's has scared me into virtual celibacy. Ya I have issues LOL.

This is where a non-touching mutual masturbation session can be super hot!

• Like 1

And, again, I\m not even trying to suggest that there IS a pandemic of illness out there in the Ottawa SP community. All I'm trying to suggest is that there is the general stigma to the industry that it is unhealthy and dangerous. It would be interesting to quantitatively and empirically disprove that propaganda, but this requires that people actually talk.

Personally, I prefer safe practices because I try and minimize the risk I take for the gain (for both parties, actually.) But, I have to admit that in the few experiences I have had, the norm seems to be BBBJ offered and I almost feel sheepish to ask for the cover. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the lip on flesh feel as much as the next guy, but how does the lady know I'm safe, and how do I know the guy that came before me (pardon the pun) was?

scribbles.. never feel bad about asking for a cover...or just visit ladies who offer CBJ.. some offer both CBJ and BBBJ openly.

Using a condom wont solve the problem (if one exists) there is still the question of eating pussy.

If all BJ's were covered guys and girls (sp's) are still unprotected while dining down under (daty)

Condoms arent preventing half of the potential transmissions

I guess we would have to use dental dams (as a barrier)while daty incedentally I was partaking in a duo a few months ago and the two ladies used dams while "orally indulging in each others kitty" but both were looking after me uncovered (for bj)

I have personally met people who've had family members die from the type of cancers mentioned who drank large amts of diet coke/day.. ie. 2 L... people drinking less may not notice.. but doesn't make it any less poisonous

I don't think it matters if it's bad for you or not, that's just gluttony. Try drinking 2L of vodka a day and see what happens. Everything in moderation and you'll be fine.

Transmission of STDs is not limited to the industry. In fact, most people I know who have contracted STDs or other so-called nuisance infections were every day people (not hobbyiests or Sps) who had engaged in sexual activity after meeting someone online or picking them up in a bar.

I have received at least a dozen phone calls in the past five years from straight friends and acquaintances who have been in a panic because they experienced either guilt or symptoms after having unprotected sex.

To ask how safe is the industry in Ottawa? If I was a hobbyiest, I'd rather take my chances with a reputable SP any day than a random stranger who doesn't practice safe sex.

I agree we all need to be vigilant, but I am not aware of any epidemic of HPV among SPs in Ottawa. A condom won't protect you if the warts are anywhere other than the genitals. From what I know about it, it can be transmitted easily by skin to skin contact.

Perhaps this is what we have to look forward to in terms of "safe sex"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlO9V-U5m-TPirPfwXw6ltn6a8Q6cGfMDqIUkaS1_EsdFN4CR4

This leads us to the question, do you think it is acceptable to ask your SP, if she is STI free or not ?

No.

Simply because it not just sets a paranoid tone to the session, but also what can you possibly expect the answer is going to be? True or false, all answers will be yes, she is sti free. It would be silly to expect any other answer.

Also, completely irrelevant, provided you are engaging in protected activities, in any case she (and you) are only as sti free as whatever your last encounter may or may not have exposed you to.

But if you are up to asking this question, then you really need to do some more research on health and sexual safety, choose low risk options like hj rather than fs, and if you do wish to go with a bj or fs, see only sps who offer cbj only and have a limited menu (up to and including no digits, no daty). To that extent, you will be more confident of her desire to lower her risk level, which lowers your risk levels.

• Like 3