Are there any members who are motorcycle riders/enthusiasts?

After many years of not owing or riding a bike, I am thinking seriously of getting in the wind again (no smart ass jokes, Old Dog).

Just wondering how many cerb members out there are present or past motorcycle enthusiasts.

My first bike was a 1984 Honda 450 custom which I bought new from Toronto Honda. I outgrew it in about 2 months and moved up to a used 650 Honda Nighthawk which I drove until I switched up to a 750 Honda Shadow.

I always promised myself I would get myself another bike by the time I turned 50. I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time.

I plan to get another used bike, but in good condition and would welcome any suggestions from members who are more up on makes and models that have come along in recent years.

Because right now, I'm still thinking about that old 1983 750 Shadow and in my mind, there was never a finer bike.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEwtQIuKTfDy-rj3gA5m1MMcJT_MKiA98Exca-ROJQ-ZdGc18xcw

My personal preference would be a V twin, that being said it doesn't have to be a HD there are a lot of knock offs out there, I would suggest you wait till you can attend a test the metal ride at one of the dealers, gives you a chance to try a few different bikes, but I think once you ride and feel the torque of a V twin you will be so hooked on that rush every time you twist the throttle you won't be able to get off it. JMTC's.

Guest s******ecan****

I had bikes from age 14 until university. My favourite was my 1981 Honda 400 "Hawk". Probably the nicest bike I owned was a Kawasaki GPz 550, first of the street racers that have since become very popular.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding a good used bike as I see them listed for sale in kijiji all the time. Funniest ad I ever saw had the following for a headline

My wife says I have to sell this, I guess "do whatever you want with the money" meant something different to her

I was hooked at the tender age of 16 when a buddy let me ride his Can-am 125 . Within 2 weeks I had my own dirt bike. This progressed through a series of dirt bikes then on to street bikes.

At the age of 35 my first child was born and it was "suggested" by my SO that my GPZ 750 be sold! I compromised , i parked it , not wanting to lose the last vestige of my rebellious youth.

One day i will get It back on the road ... I WILL... I will...i will...

I can't suggest anything but I do have a secret desire to build a chopper from scratch. Something about soldering and airbrushing really turns my crank! Ever since Orange County Choppers I have been day dreaming about taking a bunch of random parts and pieces of metal and creating a monster machine :)

I can't suggest anything but I do have a secret desire to build a chopper from scratch. Something about soldering and airbrushing really turns my crank! Ever since Orange County Choppers I have been day dreaming about taking a bunch of random parts and pieces of metal and creating a monster machine :)

I have the same desire Meg. I would LOVE to build a chopper. Probably

from a kit. I am even getting into airbrushing lately. I suspect

that if I were to build one I would hire a pro to do the painting though.

I can barely draw a stickman with my brush. LoL

Perhaps we could build one together? ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

I have the same desire Meg. I would LOVE to build a chopper. Probably

from a kit. I am even getting into airbrushing lately. I suspect

that if I were to build one I would hire a pro to do the painting though.

I can barely draw a stickman with my brush. LoL

Perhaps we could build one together? ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Hey....you can always redo the paint job if you aren't satisfied :)

So....what are your preferences as far as body type? Are you conservative or way out there LOL

Hey....you can always redo the paint job if you aren't satisfied :)

So....what are your preferences as far as body type? Are you conservative or way out there LOL

I like a low slung, stretched out body. Something that is easy to mount.

Must have a meaty rear end...at least 300mm wide. Long, raked out front end.

I'm not into the old school ape hangers...I like low handle bars

that kinda force you to hug the tank. Lots of chrome and a relatively

simple paint job with 2 or 3 paint colors maximum.

What about you?

Posted via Mobile Device

LoL...I didn't think I was reading your mind.

How are your riding skills Meg? Have you been on a large

bike before?

I believe we may have hi-jacked this thread. Perhaps we can

duscuss this further in private sometime... :)

Posted via Mobile Device

LoL...I didn't think I was reading your mind.

How are your riding skills Meg? Have you been on a large

bike before?

I believe we may have hi-jacked this thread. Perhaps we can

duscuss this further in private sometime... :)

Posted via Mobile Device

Anytime hun...but so far i am just a "shotgun" type of gal LOL

Meg: Get your license and we can start a Ottawa area SP (Ladies) Motorcyle club - I'm sure we could get other ladies to join. Nicki says she wants to get her license. Naughty Nicki's going to get a Ninja

Pink-Kawasaki-Ninja-Bike-psd40841.png

I'm positive the guys could help us come up with a name for our "gang".

Back to the thread....

Edited by Mature Angela
  • Like 1

I just bought a Vulcan 900 last year and have fallen in love. It is an amazing experience to hit the open roads and we are lucky to live in a city with great places to ride. The south of the city towards kemptville and along the rideau river are my usual stomping grounds. So I would suggest going for it and riding. Also would advise taking a refresher course at Algonquin college before you ride. Very very good courses and well worth the money.

After many years of not owing or riding a bike, I am thinking seriously of getting in the wind again (no smart ass jokes, Old Dog).

Just wondering how many cerb members out there are present or past motorcycle enthusiasts.

My first bike was a 1984 Honda 450 custom which I bought new from Toronto Honda. I outgrew it in about 2 months and moved up to a used 650 Honda Nighthawk which I drove until I switched up to a 750 Honda Shadow.

I always promised myself I would get myself another bike by the time I turned 50. I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time.

I plan to get another used bike, but in good condition and would welcome any suggestions from members who are more up on makes and models that have come along in recent years.

Because right now, I'm still thinking about that old 1983 750 Shadow and in my mind, there was never a finer bike.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEwtQIuKTfDy-rj3gA5m1MMcJT_MKiA98Exca-ROJQ-ZdGc18xcw

you better stick to a scooter lmao

You can't do that to me!!!!!!!!!! (but on the weekends that I make a big batch of chili or cabbage rolls, I can do a really mean imitation of a Harley...)

You can't do that to me!!!!!!!!!! (but on the weekends that I make a big batch of chili or cabbage rolls, I can do a really mean imitation of a Harley...)

You are soooooo freakin' nasty!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

You are soooooo freakin' nasty!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!

I'm going into my fourth year of riding, and loving it. Though I traded mine in on something a little more tour-worthy, I'd recommend the Suzuki M50 or M90. My M50 was a great bike, lots of punch, looked great and ran smooth. If it had been a little better suited to distance rides, which I'm looking to do, I would still have it instead of my adventure bike.

+1 on the course from Algonquin. Definitely worth the time and money.

And if you need a riding buddy, I'll hang out on your wing. ;)

my first motorcycle was a 83 honda shandow. Had to sell it need $2g worht of work, and the insurance went up the same year. Wish i couold afford one now.

• Like 1

Funny, my first bike was an 83 Shadow 750. Loved that bike!

+1 on the course! Best money ever spent.

Get good riding gear, it could save your life and certainly your skin, I know from experience!

As far as a new/used bike, there is nothing really bad on the market today since the year 2000, so make a list of the things you want in a bike and what kind of riding you want to do then do some reading, go to the ride days at the dealers and test ride friends bikes. I also accompanied a buddy to dealerships and asked to test ride some used bikes they had so he could compare, it helped him makeup his mind and he bought one.

I have been riding since 1995 with approx 200,000 km of seat time. I spend my summers riding and my vacations riding to new places near and far!

Have fun and be safe!

Frist weekend on my shadow, My sister wanted to go for a spin, ok her so i went to oick her up. Her drive way is gravel and a cruve at the end i slowed right down, hit the gravel, fine all is good. Then i proceeded to think well i got to get around this corner, so i leaned quick, as i was doing that I thought boy that was stupid, yup the tired kicked out and i rolled off of it. only damage was the light,thank goodness for leather. live and learn

Guest S**a*Q

I want one!

It's on my bucket list of things to do in the next couple years, but I really, really hope it's this year. I want a crotch rocket for sure, like a Katana or Ninja.

Definitely a safety course, cause I'm a super klutz.

(And I should get like full body padding... LOL!)

I want to ride, MY..I want to ride my..... start with this first :) :) so you don't hurt yourself ;)

RECUMBENT_TRICYCLE.jpg

I want one!

It's on my bucket list of things to do in the next couple years, but I really, really hope it's this year. I want a crotch rocket for sure, like a Katana or Ninja.

Definitely a safety course, cause I'm a super klutz.

(And I should get like full body padding... LOL!)