Are Cell phones really required

Guest C*****tte

If the issue is you do not have a cell phone because you do not wish to be bombarded in your private life by calls from friends etc... then do not give out the number. Limit the cell simply for arranging appointments. You can get prepaid phones for very little money or get an old phone and a prepaid card. Its not as expensive as it once was.

-

I had one client who communicated solely through email and then when he was at the room he would call me with the room number. We were scheduled to meet and the morning of the appointment I had an accident and had to go to emergency. I had no clue how to reach him. He was upset with me over this issue. Now I always require a cell phone number with the exception being outcall clients who give me their full name and hotel room number. I can reach them that way if need be..

The only reason a cel phone is preferred is because many first time visitors to me get lost for some reason, if they don't follow the directions.

As someone who has a lot of experience in the shipping industry, I have to tell you most people can't give directions to their own homes. Sounds crazy I know, but it's true. I never ask anyone for directions to their own home, I ask one of their friends, or better yet, a delivery driver who works in the area.

I also require a cell phone number, I have a smart phone and as such spend a large majority of my time on my phone in general. Cell phones are something that can be cheap (pay as you go) personal (dont give others your number) and can

save your life if you get into an accident. I am on Rodgers, the service is very touch and go outside of cities and towns but as I am mostly in Regina it doesn't really bother me.

Posted via Mobile Device

Please!!!! Get a cheap cell phone. Calling from a payphone is a recipe for disaster especially if you get caught in traffic. Calling when more than 15mins late is not acceptable!!

Please!!!! Get a cheap cell phone. Calling from a payphone is a recipe for disaster especially if you get caught in traffic. Calling when more than 15mins late is not acceptable!!

Meg, I'm sorry, running a little late, Max

maxwell_smart_with_shoe_phone.jpg

• Like 1

Amen. And don't call an SP every single day saying your line isn't secure so you can't leave a number and then get upset when you can't reach me because I don't accept blocked calls and have no way of calling back. No phone number, no appt.

I really don't care what sort of phone you use to contact me. If you don't have a cell, that's fine, you can call me from the payphone nearest me to get final directions.

I don't give out my address/buzz until you're at the nearest intersection to me. So whether you call from a cell or payphone makes no difference to me, as long as the number isn't blocked.

Just keep in mind, if I have no way of contacting you, don't get upset if something comes up/goes awry. And if you're more than 15 minutes late, you've lost your spot.

I'm one of those people who do not have a cell phone, is this a issue with providers for incalls ?

So far it hasn't been a issue for me, I've called a hour before our date to verify our meeting time and for location particulars.

I've seen threads about people buying cheap throw away phones, but I don't see how this helps the girls know who we are. I make contact via PM's and calls from my homephone.

EXACTLY!! this is my conumdrum{did I spell that right?] you can't verify a person with a cell phone any one can get one ,a landline at least has to have an actual address attached to it {a billable address} and name,thats why I always aasked for one,however now I ask for a reference this works well to!

So I would say no you don't need one for us but as said it might come in handy for emergencies,just my opinion.

My reasoning is that I require you to call me from a specific location just prior to our encounter. I am not about to give out my address unless this is complied with. But, I wouldn't turn someone down who called from a verifiable landline either. That shows trust and therefor I would feel comfortable disclosing my location.

I could understand years ago, when cell phones first came out, cost a chunk of change, required plans etc that not everyone had one

But now, in this day and age where you can buy cheap disposable cell phones, what is the issue. Don't want your SO finding out, chuck the phone out (or better, toss it in a river/lake). Just consider it part of the cost of seeing ladies...if you were trying to pick up a woman at a bar probably the price of two drinks would equal the price of a cheap cell phone.

Just saying, that's all

RG

I could understand years ago, when cell phones first came out, cost a chunk of change, required plans etc that not everyone had one

But now, in this day and age where you can buy cheap disposable cell phones, what is the issue. Don't want your SO finding out, chuck the phone out (or better, toss it in a river/lake). Just consider it part of the cost of seeing ladies...if you were trying to pick up a woman at a bar probably the price of two drinks would equal the price of a cheap cell phone.

Just saying, that's all

RG

RG RG RG ...... 2 drinks is cheaper ! Hang on...get my calculator. OK. 2 drinks at $10 with tip = $20. Those taste good so couple more. $40. Now I am getting better looking mmmm hmmm. Couple more and Yes Yes I am handsome :) $60 Now time to go wheelin the chicks. One drink for me two for the lady. not not carry the not $90 ! We go dancing and she sees me dance...oh oh where did she go.....is this not disco??? ;) Oh well start over. $120. Third time is a charm haha $360 ! OK closing time ! Grab a cab and try again tomorrow night !

Priceless !

Maybe I should get a cel phone ! No offence just my jokular side :)

• Like 1