Let's talk about brothels

I LOVE BROTHELS!!!

I have worked in several brothels that ran the gamut from a strict lockdown to a rambling country house with more entrances than people and enjoyed it immensely each and every time. There were no "shared" beds or even bathrooms. I loved the opportunity to just show up and work and then go home with a pocket full of $. I loved the focus, there were no distractions. I always took lots to read, all of my beauty secrets and actually read and put my night cream on!

Not one of them were Nevada style, I was never lined up with other girls and guests were not expected to walk thru common areas in front of other guests or ladies. I think brothels are an excellent option for women who do not wish to undertake the considerable time and effort required to operate as an independent. As I have always said, it is less than 20% of us that can be indies and do it well. Most women do not want the work to dominate their lives and would like to simply work and go home like any other 9 to 5 job. Sex work is a temporary option for them, not a lifetime career.

I had an excellent client base at the brothels that I worked, very much like I do now. It really isn't all that different than being independent except it offered me more flexibility and options than being an indie. If there were a real brothel here in Ottawa, that's where I would be...

cat

Guest s******ecan****
The Boardroom in Melbourne was probably my favourite place because it was so laid back. I could sit by the bar and over the next few minutes, the girls came by introduced themselves and a few hung around to chat a bit. It allows one to get a feel if there is going to be chemistry or not. With some you could tell right away there wasn't going to be, and both parties would smile move on to another.

I would be very interested in visiting an establishment like the one rick describes, it would have to be in a different city though, mine is too small for me to retain the anonimity my personal situation requires for me to hobby. For local encounters I would still prefer to see the independent ladies.

A question on all this: does the existence of legal and recognized brothels (as in NZ and some parts of Oz) lead to their existence - and thus visiting or working in them - becoming more mainstream and accepted by society at large? Just wondering if anyone has any clue about this...

According to this article:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10659622

Brothels pre-dated legalization by some time. I have been to this place by the way. Had a wonderful time in the "Grotto" theme room with a beautiful Maori girl. The room was made up like a cave with a integrated hot tub and the water came in like a waterfall. On ledge off to the side was waterproof mat so you could go from tub to bed with no need to dry off. There were plenty of other brothels 34 years ago when I visited NZ for the first time.

Samantha, Rick - thank for your replies!

Obviously there would be tax advantages to being able to set up a proper business (although this would possibly be offset by the increase in paperwork and accountancy and other tedious necessities).

What I'd *really* hope for is that the existence of legal and recognized brothels would - eventually - lead our self-appointed moral guardians to realize that they aren't the dens of iniquity that they might previously have thought, and that the people who work there and visit aren't the dregs of society that they had assumed. On a somewhat related tangent, I think this sort of thing has been a huge boon to the LGBT community, as the people who have fought so hard and for so long against their inclusion in society as equals have slowly (or sometimes suddenly) come to discover that what they oppose so implacably is not some remote and terrifying "other", but their own friends and families that they love and respect. Maybe the same could happen for SPs and their clients too...

Or maybe I'm being over-optimistic here. But I can dream, right?

Guest C*****tte

I agree. I worked only for one week at one in Vancouver as part of a trip I made out there. I took public transportation with a packed lunch. I read books in between clients, exercised, did my nails. I didn't have to worry about screening, clients or anything like that. Just the fun (and cleaning my room - we each had our own and we had to follow protocol). Then at 5 pm I collect my money and took public transport home. It was the coolest dayjob ever.

I LOVE BROTHELS!!!

I have worked in several brothels that ran the gamut from a strict lockdown to a rambling country house with more entrances than people and enjoyed it immensely each and every time. There were no "shared" beds or even bathrooms. I loved the opportunity to just show up and work and then go home with a pocket full of $. I loved the focus, there were no distractions. I always took lots to read, all of my beauty secrets and actually read and put my night cream on!

Not one of them were Nevada style, I was never lined up with other girls and guests were not expected to walk thru common areas in front of other guests or ladies. I think brothels are an excellent option for women who do not wish to undertake the considerable time and effort required to operate as an independent. As I have always said, it is less than 20% of us that can be indies and do it well. Most women do not want the work to dominate their lives and would like to simply work and go home like any other 9 to 5 job. Sex work is a temporary option for them, not a lifetime career.

I had an excellent client base at the brothels that I worked, very much like I do now. It really isn't all that different than being independent except it offered me more flexibility and options than being an indie. If there were a real brothel here in Ottawa, that's where I would be...

cat

I agree. I worked only for one week at one in Vancouver as part of a trip I made out there. I took public transportation with a packed lunch. I read books in between clients, exercised, did my nails. I didn't have to worry about screening, clients or anything like that. Just the fun (and cleaning my room - we each had our own and we had to follow protocol). Then at 5 pm I collect my money and took public transport home. It was the coolest dayjob ever.

There are a lot of sps who don't want to deal with the advertising, the expense of incalls, maybe they don't have a place, maybe they only want to work 2 days a week, etc etc. It is a great option also for someone starting out, no seed money to set themselves up for sure. Also, as you say, no screening. A lot of sps who are not indy don't know how to screen, don't actually want to deal with that aspect of setting up calls. In a brothel (or massage parlour) setting, they also have the assurance of back up, that the clients know there are others around and the safety (often) of a nearby panic button if needed. They also don't have to deal with ending the appts, or a time check. That is also done for them.

Guest C*****tte
In a brothel (or massage parlour) setting, they also have the assurance of back up, that the clients know there are others around and the safety (often) of a nearby panic button if needed. They also don't have to deal with ending the appts, or a time check. That is also done for them.

Indeed! I felt very safe in the massage parlor - brother environment. If there was an issue I could buzz reception or just walk out my door. The time check was also good. Reception would call in 5 minutes before time was up and say in a very gentle and friendly manner that playtime was over. This was useful for those clients who while done with the 'service' would want to stay to chat and chat and chat.