Am I expecting too much?

In the last couple of months I have had 10 encounters and contacted at least another 20 ladies in an attempt to set up an encounter.

I always contact the lady in the method that she requests on her ad, voice, text, email or web form. I am always polite and respectful.

A lot of the attempts at contact are unanswered phone calls or transferred to full voice mail boxes.

Text messages are often not answered, as are emails.

When I do get through to the lady in question, often the agreed upon time is ignored and the lady is late or not ready on my arrival or cancels at the last minute.

Out of all these contacts and attempts at making contact only twice has the initial contact been answered in a timely manner, subsequent communications been painless and professional and the lady been ready on time when I show up. (Thank you Holland of Winnipeg and Emily Rushton for the professional attitudes you showed to our encounters.)

Is it too much to ask that the ladies treat this as something serious and answer us when we try to contact them by their preferred method of contact?

Is it too much to ask that the ladies keep their voice mailbox empty so that we can leave messages, as they ask on their ads?

Is it too much to ask that the ladies answer text and emails in a timely manner? (If you only answer emails once a day, then say so on your ads. We can take this into account when contacting you.)

Is it too much to ask that the ladies are ready on time as we agreed?

I know that the ladies get a lot of rude and vulgar calls, blocked caller IDs as well as rude and vulgar texts and emails. I am not talking about this sort of contact; I am respectful and polite in the initial stages of contact as I am during the encounter.

I also know that the ladies get a lot of no shows so they may be tempted to overbook to keep busy. Screening dates will go a long way to making sure that your dates are committed and will show up on time.

I would be satisfied if a lady cannot see me at the time I ask for if she says sorry, already booked or something or she got the message too late. I am not happy being ignored.

I have to travel about 90 minutes to get to the nearest city for an encounter, I am especially not happy if when I get there and phone for final directions that I get no answer and then told at the last minute cannot go ahead with the encounter.

Ladies, care to respond?

I do not know if it's a "Winnipeg" thing, but it sounds like you are getting more of your fair share of what I would refer to as totally unprofessional behaviour.

It is truly a shame when one has to deal with this in any kind of business (not just ours). Just bad businesspeople. Period.

Please do not paint every SP with the same brush.

Sorry to hear of your misadventures Manitoba.

As with you I get quickly put off of a person if it is difficult to get a hold of them. I always take into consideration the time of day, their posted hours, etc. If a couple attempts over several hours when they say they are available yield no response I generally will not contact that person again as it leaves me with poor impression. Where I am I try to use several resources to determine if the person I am thinking of contacting is on the up-and-up to try and avoid Manitoba's type problems as well as just bad SPs.

I've had a few cancellations but generally due to acceptable reasons, even a couple after arrival as Mme Nature visits early or something.

Personally I prefer to speak to the lady as I can generally get a good idea quickly whether the ultimate encounter will be thoroughly satisfactory to me. Sometimes when talking with someone or agency I quickly get there is something not 100% here and I move on.

With more and more people using the impersonal means of contact (texting, e-mail) we are forgetting that it is the first impression that is a lasting impression. I find with e-mails & texts it impossible, even with recommendations, to determine if the SP would be the type of person I'd like or if upon arrival I can't wait to leave.

Manitoba -- obviously, no, you aren't expecting too much and sorry to hear of your troubles. There's a lot of variables in what you are describing ... As to what to do, that has been widely discussed here in other threads ... Hopefully you are having a higher rate of success with the ladies of Cerb?

Wow! Such unprofessional conduct from the ladies. I always have contacted my inquiries in a timely fashion. Never have I stood anyone up, unless it were an emergency. Perhaps checking if the ladies have good reccomindations posted? It is awful long way for you to go for nothing! Hope you find the right ladies to spend time with!

• Like 1

And newer ladies such as myself try very hard to return all calls and e-mails. I do get that when people call they sometimes can't or won't leave a message -- or want me to call back, so I don't unless instructed to do that. I do still get lots of 'blocked calls' which I generally won't answer. That being said, if I say I am going to be somewhere, I get there.

Sorry to hear of the problems you are having and no, I don't think it's too much to ask for. Sophia's answer might be the best -- even though that would limit me as I am new and without recommendations. In your case, especially as you have so far to travel, you may have to stick to well recommended ladies or agencies.

I don't think lack of respect and formality have to do with being new or old lol. Is just the way a 'lady' carries herself and the importance she gives to other people's time that make her do things like this.

And newer ladies such as myself try very hard to return all calls and e-mails

Manitoba, you are so not asking for too much. In fact you shouldn't be asking for anything, is the service provider's obligation to treat their costumers with respect and efficiency and I'm talking about any service provider. Ignoring text messages, voicemails, emails, etc. is wrong. Doing it when supposed to give last directions is VERY wrong.

As for the double booking part I want to think not many ladies do it as it would be very unfair. I hear ladies complaining about no -shows & cancellations, I believe respect must go both ways.

All I can say is a woman that does this kind of things is not worth seeing her IMO. Sorry Manitoba that you have been through this :(

The two ladies that I mentioned are the only ones that I know post regularly on cerb.

Some of the other have posted here but not regularly.

Most of these ladies advertised on EC and some also on BP and some other sites.

For all the ladies who posted about the unprofessional behaviour, want to move to Winnipeg? :)

The two ladies that I mentioned are the only ones that I know post regularly on cerb.

Some of the other have posted here but not regularly.

Most of these ladies advertised on EC and some also on BP and some other sites.

For all the ladies who posted about the unprofessional behaviour, want to move to Winnipeg? :)

You wpould have to pay the ladies alot too movie to winnipeg its damm cold there.

Manitoba-don,t feel like the Lone Ranger-I went thru the same thing with alot of Wpg girls until i weeded out the "unreliable " doing your home work here helps alot but there are a number of great girls who are very responsible i,d be happy to forward you the names of the ones i can always rely on.

Something I do, is two weeks before the encounter I'll email/pm/text the lady to confirm that I'm still a go for the scheduled time and date. Then the week of the encounter, maybe 3-4 days ahead of time, a second confirmation email/pm/text to the lady, and the day before, final confirmation

You never know, her computer or cell phone might crash, and she loses the information. I find it has worked well for me

Just a thought

RG

As I understand things, this can be a competive environment, not just in Winnipeg, but across the land. Having said that, and as a CERB member and hobbyist - going classy and using CERB members (especially well established and/or referred ones) will just make your "hobbying life" easier, more prediable, fulfilling and generally more fun.

Please note that this is not a general service announcement (lol), just,

musings from a type "A" organized kind of guy....

• Like 1

I certainly would not expect a lady to answer in a timely fashion if she has a full schedule for the day. Her voice mail might get full if she has a lot of others trying to book while she is occupied.

Your comments are of concern for sure, and i can understand your fustration. What you have persented here is your side we here have no other info to go on only that which you have stated.

There may be other factors that we may never be aware of such as for instance if a lady has put you on some sort of black list, even if it a mistake. The ladies could be on holidays, in the hospital, a friend or family memeber could have stopped by. Alot can effect this hobby and we as hobbiest may never know why a certain lady never returned a phone call, email, txt, pm. The only way you will know is to ask them directly what the story is.

Look at it this way

if they do not want to spend time with you it is their loss.

Caution, another Megan controversial opinion:

I don't think a lady is necessarily required to respond to you. I ignore many emails for various reasons:

-Very short, no introduction.

-Rude/abrupt.

-Suspect it may be a past client who I don't want to see again.

-Intuition I do not want to meet this person.

Also consider that many ladies are part-time or "sporadic" or even "end-of-the-month" workers. This si a full-time endeavour for myself, but not all ladies treat it as a business.

However, once an appointment is made I fully believe she has an obligation to fulfill and to be courteous and reasonable in the case that she can't. I say this as I sit at my computer with a cold after cancelling a few appointments over the past few days, but each gentleman got at least 24 hours notice.

Guest f***2f***

I had this problem when I started too. I had 3 no shows in my first 3 months of hobbying. I have had a few last minute flake outs even to this day and that is pretty annoying too.

I am fortunate to live in Ottawa where there are many high quality ladies and the CERB community is probably the strongest of any of the cities on the board. I always research well by reading the reviews...especially the reliability factor.

It doesn't matter how hot the lady is, if she is unreliable I will rarely attempt to rebook or repeat. Some SPs should take note...cause eventually unprofessional behavior will ruin your business.

Unfortunately it is a very transitory business so there are lots who don't think strategically about the long term business and reputation. Some last a few days...some a few months...so you gotta find the ones who have a good business model or take your chances.

Agencies are a good way to go for a guy in your situation too.