the best way is to keep busy then u don't think about smoking i know it worked for me the hardest was in the morning with the first coffee

I had 2 puffs in my life and that was more then enough to me...

but I hope everything work well for you Erin:)

but also...what the hell is the attraction is smoking honestly?

I'd say part of the attraction is that it's bad for us. Most humans are self destructive in some way.

On a more personal level, for me, i've smoked for years and quit numerous times (my longest stretch being almost 2 years), but unfortunately, i'm a complete stress bag! Being able to escape outside for a smoke (ESPECIALLY at work) helps keep me sane.

Btw, hope you're still going strong Erin!

It's day three and I'm still going strong. I've cleared up enough jitters to start taking apts again, I missed working but was just a little too hyper to massage. I've enjoyed my time off, had lots of "me " time, spoiled myself, and overall enjoyed this experience. My lungs already feel so much better for it. From here on out it's all psychological. This is my second time quitting. The last was ten years ago and I lasted five years. Hoping to make this one last a lifetime.

Guest k***na

Congrats to you Erin!

Its a hard habit to quit but if its something you really want, you will do it!

I was a smoker for 7yrs and quit cold turkey. Til today(8 yrs later), I have no urge to smoke a cigarette and doesn't bother me when its around me.

Good Luck to You

xoxoxo

Congratulations Erin!

The health benefits you gain can't be overstated. And the financial benefits will feel great, too.

Guest 9**A*****

You're doing well, hang in there Erin! I quit 10 years ago after smoking for 20 years; the first thing I noticed was how good food tasted. Then I joined the gym...

You're giving yourself a great gift in quitting,Erin!!! Many congrats!!

I'm at 18 months as of the 27th of April and about $6000.00 that did not go up in smoke....

Hang in there,it's worth it.

Having been on and off the smoking wagon a few times, I know or at least feel that best wishes and support help a lot. Your thread is still very much alive and your cheer leaders are still cheering!

Go girl!

• Like 1

Good luck to you sweetie, I quit smoking with the help of Champx in February and haven" t smoked since.. Your going cold turkey..

It is such a healthy choice and will pay off. In little to know time you will notice the difference in your skin,and breathing..

I wish you all the best 8)

It's all of the above especially the WILL to quit which is key....one little tip from one who lived through it a few years ago....I bought a bagful of lollypops and always had one in my mouth/hand so it took away the need to hold a cigarette because a lot of it is habit.......give it a try....you will be even sweeter than now!! lol

Good luck!!

Good luck Hun! Hope your still going strong and avoiding thoose cravings. As you see, you have alot of support here. I am a smoker and I hate the smell and taste but have yet to kick the habbit! Hopefully one day soon...

So Erin how is it going? Keeping at it? Feeling better? Any times of the day or any activities that make you feel like you are missing that cigarette?

• Like 1

Guest O** S**l

Having been there myself Erin, I understand your situation completely as I quit cold-turkey many years ago (1980) and it was a difficult process especially back then with little to no medical aids to speak of. Like you, I suffered a couple of minor setbacks and got really angry with myself for not toughing it out. I took it day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute and after about three months I realized I had it beat. The test came about a month later when my wife announced she was leaving me for someone else. I made it through the separation and the divorce smoke-free; then I realized I was a "non-smoker" and have been so ever since. We don't know one another but I wish you nothing but success and your health and purse will reap the rewards. Hugs!

Good Morning Erin. Just sending you a vibe wishing you continued success. On a sunny day, take a smoke free walk through a park surrounded by those Ottawa tulips and appreciate health, the fresh air and the beauty around you.

Edited by mrrnice2
typo

Keep it up, Erin! I guarantee that quitting smoking was one of the best decisions you've ever made. Your health (not to mention your pocketbook) will thank you.

Hey Erin,

Like all the concerned folks here, just wanted to offer encouragement and know that you're in my thoughts - having been there no so long ago and still am in that quitting head space, just know that you've got a big cheering squad go girl!

G11

Thank you so much everyone. I've slipped up many times but always trying. I celebrated a bday recently and have lit up with a few celebrations. I have my 6 month cleaning apt. with the dentist in June and am now reading Allen Carr's How to quit smoking. So when my teeth are perfectly polished and when I can trick my thinking it may just sink in for good. Smoking is such a habit and once we start, even as a non smoker the urge can still come up at times. This is my second attempt. The last one I quit for 6 years so know it's just a mindset. My advice is to never start. Even as a ex smoker the lure is great.

I know you'll keep trying and eventually it will all come about. Don't take these set backs too hard as they are just stops on your journey.

Posted via Mobile Device

Hello Erin, well i have to say congradulation to you for making a very wise decision, its not easy been there, 10yrs ago, but i can tell you from experience its an awesome feeling and you will feel a lot better, enjoy don't give up