After five years of full time smoking I finally made the decision to have my final cigarette at 8pm last night. I had a hard time sleeping, tossed and turned after waking up at 4am but am so happy I've made this decision. It's already hard though and feel like I lost a friend. I must have cravings every ten minutes it seems, but enjoying my morning coffee despite the fact I'm not lighting up. After the restlessness of this venture, I know I will be so much healthier and am looking forward to the gradual changes that come with time. Right now though is tough and I figure my closets will be reorganized, I'll be taking a few walks around the block several times a day, chewing gum and hoping I don't yell at anyone. This is going to be a big challenge but am excited about it as it's mind over body.

I'm hoping to take lots of appointments over the next few days as well as my hands must keep busy. This is my good addiction. : ) Anyway, I just felt the need to announce my decision and hoping to stay strong and not slide back into old bad habits. I was closing in at a pack every two days and starting to feel the effects. Morning coughs I know are not sexy! :)

Anyone else going through this?

• Like 2

Hey Erin. I want to say good luck with this and I wish that I had the magic solution to give you. Perseverance and determination.

I am afraid that I cannot be the role model for you, but on those times when I have stopped for any significant amounts of time, it has been fresh air, walking and exercise, and lots and lots of orange juice in lieu of coffee that helped the most.

I am thinking that what you have done here by letting people know and letting them help you as well may be a really good thing. You said that you hoped that you did not yell at anyone...:) Well, yell in here all that you want.

As one who wished so deeply that he could do what you are doing......good luck and keep in mind how good you feel about yourself.

Congratulations, Erin! I have never smoke a cigarette, but I have watched those close to me struggle with the addiction. Best of luck to you!

Thanks for your support guys. I made the decision to announce it so I don't slip. I'm already crazy restless and just waiting on the mall to open to go blow off some steam and stock up on goodies and gum. Even the sound of my cat meowing is a little irritating right now. :) Today is hour by hour and possibly a little shopping spree to keep me sane.

Congratulations, just remember to think about your reasons when you have the urge. The only cigarette you have to avoid is the next one.

You'll be rewarded time and again when you start to smell the roses, and appreciate the great taste of food again.

Guest K****r De**xe

Erin,Congrats on your decision to quit.This is another step toward what your dreams are for the future.Help is only a PM away.

XXXX Kisser Deluxe

Good one. You will not only reap the physical but financial rewards as well. Think of how much more money you will have to spend on yourself. From experience I know it is not easy but it for sure is worth it. Good luck and keep it up.

I had 2 puffs in my life and that was more then enough to me...

but I hope everything work well for you Erin:)

but also...what the hell is the attraction is smoking honestly?

Thanks for your support guys. I made the decision to announce it so I don't slip. I'm already crazy restless and just waiting on the mall to open to go blow off some steam and stock up on goodies and gum. Even the sound of my cat meowing is a little irritating right now. :) Today is hour by hour and possibly a little shopping spree to keep me sane.

i have quit a few times over the years and always started again but i'm thinking of trying to quit again the only thing that will be hard is the morning coffee with no smoke but congats on quitting it's a hard thing to do but once your mind is set you can

Thanks so much everyone. I'm approaching the 16th hour and about to tear into a closet and organize. I have so much nervous energy going on right now so why not use it. It's nice to check in and see the support. It's getting me through the hardest part. :)

Thanks so much everyone. I'm approaching the 16th hour and about to tear into a closet and organize. I have so much nervous energy going on right now so why not use it. It's nice to check in and see the support. It's getting me through the hardest part. :)

Hey of you need more closets, I have many that could use a little touch up!

lol

Haha! How did I know I was setting myself up for that! I'm a cleaning machine right now and should be bottling it because it won't last long.

Way to Go Erin! You'll find everything just tastes so much better. Hehe. Wish I was close to help you with burning off some energy. Stick with it. You'll be glad in the end. Cub

Guest M*L**0

Congrats!!! I quit smoking about 5 years ago! It's very easy when you want to quit. I can't believe how after you quit smoking how you can smell cigarette smoke on someone. I could hardly stand it at first but you get used to it. I always thought wow, I can't believe I used to smell like that and never noiticed

Thanks everyone. It's day 2 and still no smoking. The physical cravings are going down but do have a bit of a sore chest. I slept well thankfully so my energy is high. I like the changes I feel already and have now gone too far in this to turn back. My closets will be cleaned out again today. Got to finish what I started! :)