Temporary cell phone or your own?

I'd just like to get a sense of what most guys do when making an appointment. Do you use your own cell phone or always get a a temporary cell phone?

What are your thoughts on it?

BL -- you may be asking for trouble using your own number. Especially if you are just getting started, it's easy enough to get a pre-paid phone and re-charge that. suggest it includes txt messaging as well.

I'd just like to get a sense of what most guys do when making an appointment. Do you use your own cell phone or always get a a temporary cell phone?

What are your thoughts on it?

it depends where i am if i am at home i use my land line, if i'm not at home i use my cell phone.

i have a work phone and no personal phone. got a temp cell phone for making appointments. i guess you could call it my personal phone but really i dont make a habit of giving that number out.

I agree with Megan, especially if you are planning on visiting a well reviewed lady. What would we gain from any kind of malicious use of your number? If you have so little trust in us, why in the world should we trust you? It boggles the mind to think that there is this view that SP's are all nefarious by nature. To paint us all with the same brush would then make me believe that all hobbyiest are all ugly sex starved freaks!

• Like 4

This is a thread which can raise many issues. Two that come to mind are the guys attitudes about the sex industry, first that in some ways they are participating in some shady and illegal enterprise, and the second relates to the failure to take ownership for their personal decision to participate with the ladies.

Sure there are unscrupulous women who practice the bait and switch and those that have habits and are on the streets. But if you take care there are many wonderful women who are very professional and value this industry as their livelihood. They are careful to maintain there health and are careful to operate in a fairly lawful manner. Most value their privacy, and are not interested in keeping in touch outside the dates they have with you. I try to show them the utmost respect and let them know if they are free to call and leave a message.

On the second point, if you are going to cheat then by all means have an anonymous email account and a throw away phone to protect your identity. But, if you are caught man up and accept the consequences. You should have already considered what the negative consequences are for you. I am rather fortunate that I don't have a significant other that I have to hide my activities from, but if I did I would definitely have to reconsider stepping out.

At the outset I will say that I do have two phones, one of which is a pay as you go which I have had for many years. I have met many nice ladies in this industry who I'm quite comfortable with giving them my identity. The reason for the second is simply for maintaining my privacy in quite a number of areas. I don't want the telemarketer calling, a clingy client who I have helped as a volunteer, so I use the disposable for many things as well as this activity. It's a number that I can switch off when I want, or abandon if it becomes a problem. The other I expect to have forever and is only given to family, close friends and trusted people and organizations.

• Like 3

i think an attached man would want a disposable phone, its not the trust of the SP's, its the hiding it from the wife which is more important.

Being single you don't have to hide it!

I've always used my own phone when making arrangments. Most times it is a requirement as the ladies I like to see need a number they can trust. A burner would simply not do.

Adding another phone would also be cumbersome. I already carry two and a pager one more would probably raise more questions then it would solve.

PIO

I use my cell phone which is also my home phone (gave up having a land line about 6-8 months ago). And yes, I'm single, but for me, if I wasn't single I wouldn't be here.

Not worried if the ladies have my phone number, frankly I'm cool with verification so if requested they get my name, email and handle

Any lady I have doubts about giving that information to, I don't want to see anyway, and trust is, imho, important when seeing ladies.

RG

I use my own cell phone being single it is no problem for me. Cell phones are easy to get and activate. Used one are dirt cheap and free to active.

Guest 9**A*****

I'm also single so I never even gave it a thought; I have always given out my cell phone number.

Each case is defferent. For me a separate cell phone is a must. All of my call to the ladies and to make reservations at hotels are long distant. Long distant calls show up on a phone bill and would arrouse too much suspicion.

I use a 'pay as you go phone' with texting capabilities and a camera. ( I like a picture for memory sake sometimes but always ask permission first, and get the ladies approval of the image before saving it) and I like to have a phone where a lady can leave a reply text when it is convienient for her.

It isn't real cheap but I live by the dictum:

'the easiest way is rarely the best way and the cheapest way never is.'

I use only 1 cell phone. Never the land line.

Being married means I need to be ready for whatever the consequences. Plus I find it a lot easier to delete my message history than to hide another cell phone.

I once had an SP call for confirmation and my wife answered my cell. She was very proffesional and didnt let anything slip. If an SP is the only female that would ever give me a call, I got a whole lot of other issues.

I expect any SP who calls expecting to hear a mans voice and gets a ladies voice instead would be as courteous as mine was

Ive had gentlemen who use payphones (the number shows up, but if your SP needs a number to call back to verify it wont always work)

If you block your number that would work as well (although some SPs dont answer withheld number

My advice to you would be to remind you an SP will only call your phone number (if given) to verify that you are legit, and not a prank caller. They will not keep your number, they will not call you out of the blue it will be a one-time only phonecall. It may help if you ask the lady you are calling if they need to call you back to be prepared for that one and only phonecall.

If you are more comfortable getting a cellphone, then do it

As for myself, i have my work phone, and a personal phone, I dont give any gentlemen my personal number

Just do what makes you comfortable

I was just asking from privacy point of view to protect the hobbyist. Let's face it, when one goes and visits for an incall of any type, the law is being violated. I was thinking that any hobbyist would like to keep their identity secret.

This doesn't mean that SP will give it out to anyone. I was thinking along the lines that you are using your own phone to call an SP (hence communicating), whose phone could possibly be being taped without their knowledge.

It's just a thought... and I threw it out there....

I agree with Megan, especially if you are planning on visiting a well reviewed lady. What would we gain from any kind of malicious use of your number? If you have so little trust in us, why in the world should we trust you? It boggles the mind to think that there is this view that SP's are all nefarious by nature. To paint us all with the same brush would then make me believe that all hobbyiest are all ugly sex starved freaks!

Totally agree with Meg. We're giving you our address and letting you into our homes. If we can't be trusted with your phone number, it doesn't give me much confidence to give you my address.

Also I can't understand getting a second phone just for hobbying, unless you're hobbying every day it seems like a giant waste of money!

I've called phone numbers back if I've missed them by seconds. I have my number set to show up blocked, and if a lady answered my default response would be 'Is Sara there please'.

I can say with confidence, on behalf of all the reputable ladies here - we're not out to get you, we wouldn't call and bother you - we wouldn't be in business if we were!

• Like 2