An editorial about plastic surgery...

I'm pretty lucky. I'm very sexy, turquoise eyes, small nice breast, straight nose... But this is not the case for everybody.

As everybody (or almost), I have little details on my body that are bugging me... My waist is not fine enough, too small breast, very VERY pale complexion, red head, ... But I live pretty well with myself. I train every day, mountain climbing twice a week, trampoline in the backyard, eat well, and living well.

I'm not rich, not poor, very ordinary.

I just don't understand why people would go to the point of no return, and even farther. Huge breast, not even and wrecked, fake tan same color as a burned toast, or even facelift so hard, it looks like a witch face...

I mean, we are born with a certain type of body, and we can working it out so it fits certain beauty criteria. We can do some amelioration, like a very little implant, but when does it comes to a compulsion? I mean, nobody wants to look like Joan Rivers, or have a Janet Jackson type of nose...

Our society is so focussed on details that we often forget to look at the whole picture.

You know what? I feel beautiful and awsome this morning, and I wish you the same!.

.Joan-Rivers-450w-ss-020507-AP070205049797.jpg

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/celebrities-297900-worst-plastic.html?pic=1

• Like 2

You are right on. This is an industry that has so many variations of body style and looks for both the client and provider that there's enough business to go around. I suppose those ladies that use cosmetic surgery think they have a competitive edge, but in reality you gain the most in reputation and repeats because of personality and good service.

I've had plastic surgery but I haven't really had a compulsion to do other things. Yes, I've thought about it and talked about it at the end of the day I have finally accepted myself. My sister and I both had our noses done and we did it for ourselves and we were pleased with the results. I think if I were obsessed with looking a certain way, I would not still be voluptuous. I'm sure I could stand to lose a few pounds but this comes with time and I'm not going to obsess over how I look. I still take care of myself by exercising and maintaining my weight. I would not want to look like Joan Rivers. That is scary! I always find that you can find beauty in all types of flaws.

You know, it's the person inside that matters. Plastic surgery is a personal choice, and one that I can't, nor would, tell a lady to do.

Likewise, there is pressure for men to look a certain way...well I am who I am, and confident enough in myself to not to go see this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDk_ZfYuyfY&feature=related

Do I need improvement, well physically I could stand to shed a few pounds, genetics has made me follically challenged, but I'm happy with the man inside and can look at myself in the mirror

RG

Simply put, I wish for no woman to feel pressured to have plastic surgery, but I also respect her right to do with her body as she wishes.

• Like 3

I really don't think we live in a society that pressures women to get plastic surgery. I think we did in the 90's and early 2000's when plastic surgery was the newest and biggest thing to do.

Yes... there is the suggestion of what perfection is provided by Hollywood and by the hottest magazines, but I consider that an illusion of perfection.

I think the average man, prefers natural beauty in a woman. Some women will conform to try and fit that natural beauty category and other women who genuinley want the surgery for their own happiness and fulfillment.

I think if someone is using soley using plastic surgery to find happiness, then there are deeper issues going on.

• Like 2

very VERY pale complexion, red head

You say that like it's a bad thing! The RHAG crew will be around shortly to teach you the error of your ways :)

Within our society, women (and men to a smaller extent), try to seek beauty by means of plastic surgery. I am certainly not against anyone's choice to obtain plastic surgery improve their physical appearance, but for myself, I find the subtle imperfections is what contributes greatly to a woman's beauty. Take Cindy Crawford for example, it is the slight imperfection of a mole on her upper left lip that made her a truly stunning. Had she surgically removed it, she would be quite unremarkable.

What transcends physical beauty though - as RG has pointed out - is inner beauty, something that plastic surgery cannot remedy. Sir Francis Bacon, stated, "The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express." What makes a woman dazzling, is not her physical appearance, size and shape. It is her personality, intelligence, and charm, that true beauty radiates from.