Cancelling Or Rebooking Your Vacation? Current Policies Of Major Airlines And Hotels

Cancelling Or Rebooking Your Vacation? Current Policies Of Major Airlines And Hotels

https://globalnews.ca/news/6673597/cancelling-vacation-coronavirus/

Since a lot of us use hotels and/or fly thought I'd post this article

Kind Of a toss up between posting "In The News" forum or in the "General Discussion" forum...decided to post here

RG

• Thanks 4

I had a vacation booked for departure next week.  

I was able to cancel for full refund. Was with Sunwing. 

Also had the option of taking it in credit with $100 bonus given person for taking the deal but I felt it was just better that I keep my cash instead. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jessica Rain said:

Also had the option of taking it in credit with $100 bonus given person for taking the deal but I felt it was just better that I keep my cash instead. 

Very wise. A lot of people are going to get very short of cash in the near future, and vacation credits won't put food on the table and keep a roof over your head.

And a lot of travel companies are likely to bite the dust if they don't get government bailouts (and some will anyway), so there's no guarantee that the credit would ever be honoured.

• Like 2

According from friends that were booked for the coming week to fly south for a week or two, looks like most flights are cancelled and a refund or credit is offered except if you booked with AirCanada(this may change soon).  One of my friend that had booked a few weeks ago booked with Air Canada to fly to Cuba(his first ever trip) and earlier this week called cancel and they told him straight out "we will not refund your money" and even if he took an extra insurance policy with a bank they refuse to pay him back his trip because he bought it during the crisis.

My wife and I just got back on Monday and in no way was there any panic in Mexico while we were there.  The only thing was that they would pump a small amount of purell on our hands when we entered any restaurants.

Upon our return we were asked at the airport by the border security to self isolate for 2 weeks which we are and I have no issue with that.

PS.  I'm just sad that nobody else will get to see my tan, I'm already turning back to pure white again.

• Like 1