Sign in to follow this  

Travellers At Pearson Airport Complaining About Lack Of Covid-19 Screening

'Travellers' doesn't really make it clear whether they're arriving (in which case they may well have had a temperature scan without even knowing it) or if departing and with symptoms then they shouldn't be travelling. Common sense and following science based instructions have been outstripped by social media and the Donald. Maybe they just wanted something to complain about after putting themselves in the situation.

There is some good advice available here:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejuicemedia/status/1238667841655541760

My local Loblaws has a near empty toilet paper aisle. It's so brutal that covid-19 causes such violent, multi-week long bouts of diarrhea, NOT! Either that or we've brought in too many Australian immigrants!

This does need to be taken very seriously.

I heard it's the same at Montreal airport too, one of my friend landed in Montreal and he wasn't screened, instead was asked if he had any symptoms of flu.

• Like 2

When dealing with unclear, constantly changing directives and limited information and ressources, the screening and safety precautions will always be uneven from one place to another.

Reminds me when I took a few flights after the 9/11 attacks and airport security was from extreme to nearly inexistant depending on the country and airline. This also made me question the effeciency of metal detectors as none seem to detect my stainless steel watches.

Unless we reach a situation of martial law, don't expect constant extreme measures.