An experiment to demonstrate that attractive women are given a free ride

The following link documents an unscientific experiment that demonstrates how attractive girls get things for free.

I wonder if this extends to the world of hobbying. For example, do clients generally tip DDG SPs more and buy them more expensive gifts, irrespective of the level of service they provide, and are clients more likely to forgive a DDG SP who is late or cheats them out of the full hour, or commits other transgressions. than they would in the case of an SP who was only a 7-8 rather than a 10 in looks?

• Like 1

I'd give up the occasional free drink to stop the unwanted attention/comments/harrassment from being an attractive woman in public.

But to stay on topic, I hitchhiked during the bus strike of 2008 and it didn't take more than 30 seconds to get a ride. But then again, I doubt it had anything to do with being attractive because I was wearing a huge winter coat, hat, gloves, scarf, etc. I think it was just because I was female and the people who picked me up deemed me to not be a threat.

Personally I hate when people rate how another looks!

Ex. 7-8 or a 10

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and someone you find to be a 10, someone else may find them to be a 2!

As for women who get away with things because of how they look. It is up to every adult to make their choices in life. I have had some clients tip me very well, and some not at all. Does not mean I am not attractive, and it does not mean I am the most beautiful girl in the world. It just means to that person I was special enough to deserve it.

This is just my opinion, but I find these surveys a waste of time.

• Like 2

Anyone who's ever been in high school already knows about this lol. Members of both sexes who are attractive get special treatment. People talk about beautiful women getting special treatment, but if Brad Pitt were to walk into a singles bar, how long do you think he'd be drinking alone? It's been this way since the beginning of time and probably will until the end of it (Rapture jokes anyone?). But as far as hobbying goes, I have always preferred the company of ladies who treat me with respect. I have shared time with some very attractive women but who were seemingly bored with my presence and uninterested me, so I never even considered seeing them again. I can only imagine these women being an SP for brief periods due to their poor behaviour. To paraphrase the movie, beautiful women are common, but the beautiful woman who treats you well is worth keeping. Fortunately, I've had the privilege of meeting some through CERB.

Guest W***ledi*Time

In Rob's posted video, it's not a comparison of a more attractive lady vs a less attractive lady. It's a comparison of the same lady, except in one case she's all dolled up with makeup, hairdo, sexy clothes, and uses different body language, etc. If a lady takes the time to doll herself up, she's sending out a message by that obvious fact alone - and is more likely to get a "positive" reaction in, uh, male-interactive situations - never mind how attractive she is to start with.

Attractiveness is definitely an advantage in many situations, though.

... I hitchhiked during the bus strike of 2008 and it didn't take more than 30 seconds to get a ride. But then again' date=' I doubt it had anything to do with being attractive because I was wearing a huge winter coat, hat, gloves, scarf, etc. I think it was just because I was female and the people who picked me up deemed me to not be a threat.[/quote']

ha ha ... I remember, several decades ago, standing in one of my favourite "lucky" hitch-hiking spots for over two hours on a relatively busy highway with no luck. I was the only hitch-hiker on the road. Presently, three girls flounced (yes, that's right ... flounced) out onto the shoulder of the highway, and had no more than raised a thumb before a truck screeched to a halt and they all piled in. Maybe if I had of been using a redder shade of lipstick ...

I guess it just proves that guys don't have very good eyesight, can't appreciate what's in front of them. Same girl but a little more makeup and a more vibrant presentation.

It,s all in the presentation,lifes all about sales !!I however could see the potential in "dowdier" version and that kinda turned me on more-can any one say naughty librairian-lol

I think in this video, aside from being dressed up, it also has to do with her confidence and guys totally buy into that. Confidence is an attractive quality. Hey, when you've got it, you've got it.

This thread reminds of when I was younger. I had an appt to get my hair done and was going from a brunette to a blonde. I walked in with plain clothes on no makeup with hair in a pony tail. i could have been invisble but I'm good at that. I was going somewhere that evening and walked out as a blonde, makeup done and a sexy dress on with 4 inch heels. Well, let me tell you that there was almost a 2 or 3 car collision as I was walking down the street. And to be honest, it was a very uncomfortable feeling to be in that situation.

I really wonder do guys really notice blondes that much more? I'm really trying to figure it out because I have been in other similar situations years down the road and being more mature and not having a spinner body but still guys doing a double take with the blonde hair and being dolled up.

There are a lot of sociological and psychological studies on the phenomenon. More attractive people generally benefit in all areas of life, as well as taller people.

I go 6 months as a blonde and 6 months as a brunette every year. I tend to get way more creepy male attention as a blonde and a lot of nerdy male attention as a brunette. I prefer the nerds :p

Posted via Mobile Device

I go 6 months as a blonde and 6 months as a brunette every year. I tend to get way more creepy male attention as a blonde and a lot of nerdy male attention as a brunette. I prefer the nerds :p

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm going to test your theory.lol. As of June 9th, I will no longer be a brunette anymore. I'm not one to try and get things for free and while I'm not model material, I think there is something more to all of this especially hair color. Like someone else said, it's all in the presentation.

I get the impression many people expect me to be bitchy or snotty. But when I smile real big, and ask them how their day is going, no matter how gorgeous or terrible I look, I get things free and good customer service on a regular basis. But I truly believe it's not because I'm blonde, or attractive. I think it's because I'm genuinely nice to others. I honestly think it works for people of all levels of attractiveness. Hope that didn't come across bitchy or snotty! lol

• Like 1

My theory about the blonde thing is that it represents two things that are deemed superior in our culture - White (race) & Youth. Only Caucasian/white people have blonde hair, and blonde is associated with youth since most blondes hair darkens as they age.

Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm NOT racist, but I recognize that we live in a society that privileges whiteness.

lol well that doesn't quite work with me, I'm noticeably some sort of exotic racial mix with the big brown eyes, high cheek bones and dark olive skin :p Most people think I'm Italian or spanish not Metis though. I act the same polite, friendly and socially conscious to my surroundings no matter my hair color, I just attract a different kind of attention due to my hair color. Its weird and my friends all comment on it... I'm excited though I'm going back to brunette today! More star wars dates and less being whistled at on the street :p

Posted via Mobile Device

Great point Megan. I've heard it said that a preference for blondes is actually built-in to our genes ...

Blonde hair is a recessive trait, disfavored by nature/evolution. Hair is pretty much superfluous and primarily serves as a device for attracting mates. So if you have lush hair in the color of a recessive gene, it means you have a fully-functioning immune system, an adequate food supply, etc, and a good candidate for reproduction.

My theory about the blonde thing is that it represents two things that are deemed superior in our culture - White (race) & Youth. Only Caucasian/white people have blonde hair' date=' and blonde is associated with youth since most blondes hair darkens as they age.

Now before anyone jumps on me, I'm NOT racist, but I recognize that we live in a society that privileges whiteness.[/quote']