Life Lessons Learnt From Sex Work - Callista Carter

1 hour ago, Kitten said:

I was a little floored when she was asked about her trafficking experience. That was an incredibly intrusive. She would have elaborated if she cared to.

Being a victim doesn't mean you have to be physically snatched up or coerced to the point you are helpless. It can also involve mental manipulation and intimidation. It can also effect more women than just young pretty helpless teenagers.

We all matter 🖤

In the future I think it might be a little more respectful not to ask someone to elaborate on their abuse unless they are willing to freely offer it.

I would be curious to hear the answer to @Phaedrus question. Could be a good chance to speak about turning a negative experience into something positive and beautiful!

If you care to share but you don't have to.

I think I have a bit of curiosity behind your answer. I wasn't forced into trafficking I did start this line of work on my own quite young due to an abusive experience. I would be curious if our opinions were similar at all. If you don't care to discuss this publicly I would 100% understand and respect your boundary.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us 💋

I agree and thank you for the support! I would have went more in depth if I wanted to and felt comfortable to. I do understand the curiosity though of others, just not being able to understand and wanting to.

As for turning a negative to a positve: 

I have had way far less bad things happen since I've chosen to enter the industry as a sex worker. I don't have to see anyone I don't want to. I get to pick my clients as much as they get to pick me too. That's created so much healing on its own! 

Honestly, I was having sex often and was going on lots of dates anyways for a while and a friend was like "hey, I work at this agency, come check it out". I talked to Rikki on the phone at Black Orchid Agency, then for Victoria, and started there the next day and didn't look back. She made me feel welcomed, powerful and strong, when I first started anyways. 

I then had a lovely woman, come into my life and she showed me the ropes as an independent. I worked at agencies part time and worked independent part time. As I gained more experience and gained more healing via varied therapies, counseling, writing, dancing, learning to fish etc. I met another provider who toured often and she also taught me a lot more about boundaries and self empowerment, and I became independent full time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for sharing.

Autonomy is incredibly healing and think its why I chose to explore while younger. Also to get away from the noise of many others.

Felt like I was taking my body back for myself but helped also helped me gain my voice and mind as well ❤️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Kitten said:

Thank you for sharing.

Autonomy is incredibly healing and think its why I chose to explore while younger. Also to get away from the noise of many others.

Felt like I was taking my body back for myself but helped also helped me gain my voice and mind as well ❤️

Take that power back baby!!! Hell yes!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to add something here. 

Not all sex worker stories are tragic, not all of us are doing it for desperation, not all of us are addicted to drugs. (Sure some are and to me that's okay too, because those things are stemmed from traumas I'm sure a lot of people have no fathomable reach, as they'll never know).

It's okay for women to like sex. It's okay to try new things and be open minded. It's okay for someone to fall. It's okay for someone to be struggling. It's the power of getting back up that makes the world a different place for each person. We are all living the human experience. And in terms of sex work, we are human too. 

I am human. I have trauma from varied things including what I've shared. I've had major addiction issues in past. But I am building a future for myself. I don't do drugs anymore. I'm not sharing all my future goals (but they're in the process and I'm crushing it).  If I can't inspire anyone from my story, then all the life I've lived up to this point was a waste. 

Thanks for listening and taking the time to review my interview and thanks again for asking me to share! 

Edited by Callista Carter
  • Like 2