Greetings all. I'm new to the board and figured I'd make my 5th post completely un-serious.

I live in Maine, but probably know a bit more about Canada than the average American due to my love of both geography and Guess Who songs!

I wonder if there is a more fun place name than Saskatoon? Every time I see that in a post or on a touring lady's schedule I have to sing "Going back to Saskatoooooonnn!" Does anyone who has actually been to Saskatoon have that problem? Is it just as fun a place as the name sounds?

By comparison Skowhegan, Maine actually SMELLS just as bad as the name sounds because of the paper mills.

Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha! i s in Québec.

Abitibi-temiscamingue

chibougamau

St-Tite-Des-Capes

métatabetchouan

grand-mère

Rapides-des-Joachins

Isoudoune

st-lin-lin des meux-meux (ok that one isn't real, but when I was a kid we use to joke about it all the time

bumfuck(that is in Virginia)

• Like 1

Newfoundland has the market cornered on goofy names. ie. Dildo, South Dildo, Spread Eagle, just name a few.

Some more for emphasis: Halfway Tucks, Middle Gut, Tickles,

Well here's a few

Moose Factory

Moosonee

Carrying Place

Flin Flon

Big Beaver

Scugog (I know the lake sucks for fishing)

Just a few

RG

Guest o*****24

Being that I'm from there, and will be there at the end of the month. I can honestly say it's a great place! I highly recommend going if you're curious about it!

I remember as a child driving through Ontario and there was a place called Hog Rod lake or something close to that..it was almost 10 years ago...lmao

Guest h**m****3

Not from there originally, but have spent some time in Toon town. It is very pretty. Nicer than most of the other larger praire cities, as it is built in a river valley and has a big river flowing through the middle of it. The bridges can be a pain in the a@@ though.

These are all great names (and I imagine some of those places have hilariously low permanent resident counts), but my original point was that Saskatoon sounds awesome AND that my classic rock-obsessed brain will never EVER be able to separate the place from the fantastically fun song!