Signing off from CERB...

Folks leave all the time sp's and hobbyists alike and some chose to announce it and most don't, but life goes on and it's no biggie to me one way or another.

I just don't think it's appropriate or fair to air the specifics of this disagreement publicly...

Peace

MG

Gentlemen11,

You should have come to me. I would have helped you. :)

I understand the Moderator here has a lot of work to do but remember that this isn't a board or a community without its members. IMO, the response was a bit harsh but perhaps something could be done about this such as assigning a duty to a willing participant such as a senior member to help out those who do have questions.

Everyone has different levels of computer literacy and if there is someone there to answer these questions no matter how stupid/trivial they may sound to someone else, this might increase the satisfaction for the mod not having to tend to PMs like this and happy members. I, for one would be happy to help. :)

Gentlemen11, I would really suggest to take a breather for a while and then think about making a permanent decision. Disagreements happen all the time and then they blow over.

• Like 1

I am on the outside looking in and have watched this thread progress and will comment as follows: If we take this experience and learn from it I feel we might need some more support for members to get help as well as the Mod appears to need some respite and a helping hand. I have noticed over the last 6 months the number of new members which means Mod does not have as much time to focus on each message as he used too. All in all I feel we should all try and change this thread into a positive situation :) Neither the poster or Mod is wrong it is not who is right or wrong. We are a community here so what can we do as a community to make this an enjoyable ride for ALL?

It's unfortunate that Gentlman 11 didn't live up to his name and keep a private matter private as a genlteman would do. There was no need to make the mod out to be the bad guy here. If someone wants to leave the instructions are quite clear on how to close your account as is the processes for posting a new recommendation. And as Nicolette points out there is always the community it's self here ready to help at a drop of the hat , my inbox is always full of these types of questions, and I'm happy to help because I know it's taking a load off the mod's full plate and I like to help out wherever and whenever i can.

In the end the decision is yours Gentleman 11, clearly many of your fellow members don't want you to leave and the mod did not ask you to leave. If you choose to stay but have issues navigating the site you now know that you can turn to the membership or senior members here who would be more than happy to help!

• Like 4

Guest 9**A*****
Gentlemen11,

You should have come to me. I would have helped you. :)

I understand the Moderator here has a lot of work to do but remember that this isn't a board or a community without its members. IMO, the response was a bit harsh but perhaps something could be done about this such as assigning a duty to a willing participant such as a senior member to help out those who do have questions.

Everyone has different levels of computer literacy and if there is someone there to answer these questions no matter how stupid/trivial they may sound to someone else, this might increase the satisfaction for the mod not having to tend to PMs like this and happy members. I, for one would be happy to help. :)

Gentlemen11, I would really suggest to take a breather for a while and then think about making a permanent decision. Disagreements happen all the time and then they blow over.

That is good advice Nicolette. The first time I wanted to post a reco, I had no idea how, so I typed out my reco, emailed it to the lady for her approval, then once she said it was ok, with great embarrassment I asked her how the heck do I go about posting it! She was sweet and walked me through the process.

Having experience in sales, I definately sympathize with MOD. You get no shortage of people asking questions that most people would accept as common sense. Nor was there any shortage of people who seemed to need a hand to guide them through what a lot of us would consider simple tasks. Simply put, MOD has too much to worry about fa lot of issues we as members may sometimes consider frustrating or important.

What I think the real issue comes down to is communication. I suspect that decisions may have been made and words may have been said in the heat of the moment and without being carefully thought through. I've nominated a few comments in this thread, pretty much the ones stressing calmer heads. If we abandon reason we pretty much throw about a million years of evolution out the window. There may be some bumps and disagreements along the way but MOD is doing a great job and has addressed a number of issues that may present a danger to both the ladies and gentlemen alike. He is also responsible for the integrity of the site (and by extension, community). Keeping that in mind, I'm sure G11 can find the wisdom to accept this as a learning experience and continue to enjoy the community.

Guest ***t***iv***

regarding your comment etas:

OooOOOooohh :icon_redface:

LMAO @ myself (in a good way as I'm guessing (hopefully correctly that) it's all good and I didn't offend you in any way)

... i get it now! :p

(I'm not even a natural blonde but what a blonde moment)

ps. <3 <3 <3 to all the natural blondes, I envy you lol :wink: hence why I dye my hair hahaha

Additional Comments:

Mod is completely right, he is too busy to help everyone find everything. That is what the long time members and elite members are for! We are supposed to help each other and not bug mod every 30 seconds.

As a community we are supposed to rely on each other for help and assistance for the easy stuff. Now if someone posted something REALLY bad that requires mods immediate attention then yes, by all means PM him. But if it is just for help/advice it is usually best to PM a member you fell comfortable with.

Just my 2 cents.

To the OP, I agree with everyone here, you need to take some time away and think things through. Especially before it escalates anymore. If you really chose to delete your account then take action at that time.

even I, with less than ten posts at the time, knew to pm other members I feel comfortable with for basic stuff abt forum usage.