Gene Simmons proposes to Shannon Tweed

I do enjoy the show. I think the past season was all about rating. Rating = money. Gene is all about making money.

I wonder if Sophie will marry me?

That's just it... it's all a ratings grab. Shannon is just as shrewd as Gene when it comes to money... the entire season (and show) is contrived. There is no trouble in paradise - it's a soap opera. Ratings were down, and they needed a juicy tidbit to lure the viewers back. As I've said before, if Shannon was really that averse to Gene's womanizing, she would have bailed on him when the sex tape scandal broke.

Guess there is no sense watching the show now :(

So according to People Magazine, it's true. Hell will be freezing over on October 1st. Shannon and Gene are finally getting married.

What do you suppose made him change his mind after all these years?

Read all about it:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20525275,00.html

Additional Comments:

I read the cat was out of the bag because wedding invitations began to circulate. Waiting on mine.

Great, I guess I'll see you there - lol.

Formal attire or rocker attire for you?

I think I'll take Surf Nazis Must Die and then he can throw some punk/metal into the mix.

Additional Comments:

I think I'll take Surf Nazis Must Die and then he can throw some punk/metal into the mix.

Rocker of course may need your help with the face painting. Not sure if I can pull off the type of boots he wears.

Additional Comments:

Oh my goodness!

I'll have to polish up the ol' combat boots and possibly find one of these to wear under my leather jacket:

300.jpg

I can't stand Gene Simmons. I like Kiss, but to me, Paul Stanley was always the better showman. Anyway, the only reason he proposed to Shannon is because the producers of their show, likely thought it would be a great ratings boost. Intelligent marketing? Not even close. I saw through it! lol

I'm not sure the marriage troubles and the proposal were simply for ratings. Gene came across sincere and heartfelt in his proposal; he's just not that good an actor. And neither is Shannon, for that matter. I think alot of marriages go through some crises when the kids leave the house, so I'm not sure how much of it is simply staged for ratings. As for getting married, I understand the symbolic significance of getting married for Shannon and I understand why Gene found it so important not to get married. Honestly though; they've been together for twenty-something years. Whether he chooses to believe it or, he's been married for a loooong time (longer than most celebrity marriages!) If they ever got divorced, Shannon would get half and there isn't a lawyer in the country that could argue otherwise.

On a completely different note, Gene and the band members should walk down the aisle in full KISS get-up!! Then he could spew fire when they're promounced husband and wife.

• Like 1

Gene and Shannon (& the 2 kids) are fun entertainment for the closet "real TV" fans, me included.

No one in my humble view, either than their banker and accountant can really take them seriously in my humble view. Come on now, let's be really honest?

G11

I really can't stand Gene Simmons either. He will find a way to make something marketable including his own wedding. He is the kind of person who loves to hear his own voice. I think he was afraid he would curse himself if he did sign a piece of paper by getting legally married and of course giving into a woman. Let's face it.. he's pretty much been married for all these years by having children and living with her. Shannon Tweed would get half his money anyways.

Knowing Gene, he probably got Shannon to agree to a co-habitation agreement or a pre-nup.

I really can't stand Gene Simmons either. He will find a way to make something marketable including his own wedding. He is the kind of person who loves to hear his own voice. I think he was afraid he would curse himself if he did sign a piece of paper by getting legally married and of course giving into a woman. Let's face it.. he's pretty much been married for all these years by having children and living with her. Shannon Tweed would get half his money anyways.