Gene Simmons proposes to Shannon Tweed

The rocker who said he'd never get married popped the question to Shannon when they were on vacation in Belize.

To know what her answer is, folks will have to tune in to the season finale of Family Jewels.

Gee, I wonder what events led him to change his mind?

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/26/gene-simmons-proposes-to-tweed

Sneak Preview:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/25/gene-simmons-kiss-proposes-proposal-marriage-wedding-shannon-tweed-fene-simmons-family-jewels/

I know they have been going through counseling, and she has not been happy with him. I hope she says yes. They really do love each other, and it should have happened a LONGGGG time ago!

She will say yes. i am sure. She love him to death..yes she was an ex-playboy and love his money also...and I do believe that TV reality show does break couple, but they are at what the 6th seasons?

She really love him

Guest B***ke Ba****

Will Gene reform and be a one woman Man though?

Posted via Mobile Device

Will Gene reform and be a one woman Man though?

Posted via Mobile Device

I am not a celebraty hunter....but as far as I know he did flirt with more woment that you can imagine, but did stay faithful to Shannon

That is what he says or wants everyone to believe ;) Only he knows that truth

but did stay faithful to Shannon

It's about flipping time. What if by some freak of nature she says no for him making her wait so long??? That would be a big slap in the face but I doubt she'll say no.

I wonder whether the entire thing is "made up" for the benefit of the show. For instance, it's taken Shannon this long to become fed up??? What about when the Gene Simmons Sex Tape scandal broke a couple of years ago? That was real, since it was filmed without his knowledge, and an attempt was made to blackmail him. I was expecting major backlash from Shannon and family at that point, but no one said anything at the time. I think the latest "trouble in paradise" and the subsequent marriage proposal is a ratings ploy.

• Like 1

Guest f***2f***

I watched the night she walked out of counseling and then the next day off a talk show. She was genuinely pissed. She said she was tired of his fucking around. She told him to grow up and so did his daughter. The thing is the kids are grown and are mostly gone. She doesn't have that focus and sitting around waiting for a guy who's out with two and more girls a night is probably just making her pissed off as hell especially when the pictures of his escapades are plastered all over the internet.

She should remember though that that is the way she got onto the scene. She was a Playboy bunny he took a shine to. He takes a shine to a lot of Playboy bunnies and that hasn't changed. She lived with that for a long time now and now she wants to try to change him ....she knew what he was like and she decided to live with it. Is he going to change now that he's 60 and has more money than he knows what to do with??

To those who say he is faithful to her and doesn't fuck around...he wrote a book boasting about how many women he's slept with. Even Shannon doesn't believe he's not fucking around. She told him in the last episode not to insult her intelligence when he said he just went for dinner with them.

Edited by f***2f***
spelling and grammer

I've often wondered-how would he feel if his daughter wound up in a similar relationship or if she became a notch in the headboard of some celebrity who was famous for his libido and lengthy list of "conquests?"

Guest C*****tte

I watched a bit of the last episode. The damage his behaviour has caused to his children is very obvious. Their mother sticking by him also likely had a damaging affect. There are no easy answers, but I do think being as selfish as he is/was is something he should own up to and not just with platitudes. It makes me feel very sad for all involved.

As a regular viewer, I have watched and seen some interesting things on this show(family jewels). People seem to forget quite a few things in their case. First, what ultimately has ended up causing Shannon and Gene the most problems is their relatiionship being scrutinized because of their fame. That being said, yes Gene Simmons is famous because of his Kiss fame, but Shannon also met him at the Playboy Mansion and admittedly accept's the fact that she is "one" of the ladies of his past except that he chose to "keep this one" in her words. She sometimes seems more concerned of being replaced with a younger version of herself than actually suffering the humiliation of him being seen in public with other women.

What I noticed in more than one episode and people, even Gene's therapist seem to quickly ignore, was that when asked by Gene, Shannon openly stated that she would not still be with Gene if he didnt have money or if he wasn't famous. So clearly, they both have issues. What if obvious to anyone who has been watching for any amount of time is amongst all of their problems Gene & Shannon have managed to raise two amazing children who now seem to almost be raising their parents as they seem to have a clearer grasp of social concepts. They cannot forget that because if certain decisions they make, that their children are caught in this as well. We forget that because these are people who are famous, they have feelings just the same as we do they apparently are just not supposed to show them in public. I hope for the family's sake Gene and Shannon both get teh amswers that they are looking for. I guess we'll see in the coming season..if they choose to continue it!

I had hoped we would have heard her answer on last night's episode, but alas, "to be continued".

I believe she will say yes, but I don't believe the wedding will occur anytime soon. Appears they have a lot of issues to work through but at least they are going to family therapy.

Edited by Mature Angela

there was an entertainment reporter on citynews this morning that said shannon was no longer living at the house with gene .

I had hoped we would have heard her answer on last night's episode, but alas, "to be continued".

I think we all knew that was going to happen 'to be continued',it just keeps people watching the program.

Uggh. Celebrities, just like royalty - leaves a wretched taste in my mouth. They're just people. :icon_rolleyes:

Well said!!

They're just as screwed-up as me, except they just love to willingly & publicly embarrass themselves.:asslick:

• Like 1

Well said!!

They're just as screwed-up as me, except they just love to willingly & publicly embarrass themselves.:asslick:

And they have more money to do it in style (or not)!!

Came across this blog - an interesting read:

http://dennisearl.wordpress.com/2011/07/20/gene-simmons-shannon-tweed-need-to-get-real-with-their-audience/

She came back.

there was an entertainment reporter on citynews this morning that said shannon was no longer living at the house with gene .

I believe she will say yes, but I don't believe the wedding will occur anytime soon. Appears they have a lot of issues to work through but at least they are going to family therapy.

I thought we would hear the answer, if for no other reason that in all the couch scenes, she's wearing the ring lol.

I was surprised when they left it for a To be Continued, you can view the whole episode with her when she is on the couch, and while not flaunting it, there be a ring on that finger.

I saw the ring too. If they want to have a OPEN relationship, who are we to judge them? Hell who are we to judge them for any kind of relationship.

He's a pig, she's a slut, or maybe the other way around? They seem to have worked within this reality for 28 years......a lot longer that a lot of people!

I do enjoy the show. I think the past season was all about rating. Rating = money. Gene is all about making money.

I wonder if Sophie will marry me?