Just wondering,

Since joining this wonderful community there is something that I have often wondered about. So much so in fact that I would like input from everyone here on cerb. Why is it that the service providers are without a doubt mostly ladies and thank god for that. On the otherhand most of the participating hobbyists are men. Is it because the ladies are (1) Better business minded for obvious reasons (2) Don't feel the need to hobby as much as the men. (3) Have a better ability to pick up men for a quicky as the need arrises (4) Please don't take this the wrong way or is it because the ladies are more in need because of financial restraints. Your input is greatly appreciated and I welcome any other thoughts on the topic.

Guest C*****tte

There are bunch of likely reasons why there is this ratio...

Women for the most part still make less money than men even for the same exact work (except for sex work). I do have some female clients and couples and their budgets are different than most men I see because of this disparity. I am sure if women had more money then more of them would consider hiring for things like a sensual massage by a handsome, well built stud. Ladies do go to male stripclubs to see such guys perform.

If women want to have casual sex it is incredibly easy for us to find a partner (not that it is necessarily good sex). As sex workers we get offers for free sex on a near daily basis (not that we are particularly interested in this - this is our job after all - free sex doesn't pay the bills). Women outside of sex work have much the same opportunities for no strings attached sex.

Usually clients are seeking a younger woman than them and/or variety. It is more convenient, more discrete and less time consuming for them to hire than to look to the dating or even casual sex scene to find such a partner.

I am sure others can add some other possible explanations.

There are many disadvantages to being a woman, but there are advantages too. One of the advantages is that we are valued in the dating market. Simply put, we don't need to pay for sex and we can even charge for it.

Also, this may be controversial and some will disagree with me, but I'll say it anyways. This is a huge generalization, but I believe that most men are never really fully satisfied by masturbation, whereas women can fully satisfy themselves and a vibrator can be more pleasurable than a man.

• Like 4

I hate to say it but women don't have to hobby. I have a couple of young 20's something hot studs on speed dial when I feel the need. I think it is because men are visual creatures and they will go after what they want. Women don't have a penis so this is not something that drives them to want to have sex. Another reason is that a lot of men who hobby are married and they are either not satisfied at home or they just want variety so they will pay for it to be discreet rather than getting involved in an emotional affair which can be dangerous.

Re: Why women don't have to hobby....The other night I was having a girls night out after the work day was over and ran into to one of her young studs she has on her speed dial while we were out. He texted her later and said he had to have me when he saw me. I think men are just wired that way with all that testosterone.

• Like 2

Might it simply come down to genetics? Are not men "hardwired" to spread their seed in order to increase population? Millions of years of evolution can not be discounted so quickly. Grant it we all have control, or think we have control, over our hormones, etc. but when it comes right down to it do we?

Plus as others have alluded to and no doubt others will in the future as well. Men are never really satisfied! We are indeed a visual, always ready to go species who will undoubtedly continue to be so in the future.

I also wonder if convenience and possibly even laziness comes into play on our end? Think about it, if I (for example) wanted to have sex this very night with a lady other than a wife/girlfriend what would have to happen in order for that to occur? Excluding the "bar scene" I would need to find a date, then invest in dinner and pre. and post dinner activities such as dancing, a walk on the beach, skating, horseback riding, etc. All valid and fun activities but still expensive and time consuming plus without a partner utterly useless if the end result is SEX. Keep in mind that if your date was successful and sex did occur what would the ramifications be? Unwanted phone calls, an awkward feeling the next morning, etc.

Contrast this to being able to simply contact a "professional lady" that caters to your particular taste and you have all the fireworks with none of the fuss!

Keep in mind that this is one possible theory, not that I endorse this particular line of thinking but it is indeed a possibility.

• Like 1

... whereas women can fully satisfy themselves and a vibrator can be more pleasurable than a man.

When I grow up I want to be a vibrator.

• Like 1

There are many disadvantages to being a woman' date=' but there are advantages too. One of the advantages is that we are valued in the dating market. Simply put, we don't need to pay for sex and we can even charge for it.

Also, this may be controversial and some will disagree with me, but I'll say it anyways. This is a huge generalization, but I believe that most men are never really fully satisfied by masturbation, whereas women can fully satisfy themselves and a vibrator can be more pleasurable than a man.[/quote']

For the dating market, I think its a double edged sword. IMHO woman who date commitment free are valued by men in the casual dating market

But men shy away from women who want the date to lead to a relationship.

How many have gone through the morning after, with expectations of phone calls, next dates, when can you meet my parents etc etc etc

Mind you these are generalities I'm making, not black and white rules. And I agree about the masturbation comment Meg, if masturbation did it, I wouldn't be here.

Some ramblings

RG

It strikes me that everyone is talking about a purely physical exchange, which is a little sad. I mean, it might be the mellowness induced by the cognac and cigar I've enjoyed, but it seems to me that men are looking for more than just that.

I've never been a woman, so I have to take a guess here, but my guess is that women tend to get emotional intimacy from woman friends more than guys do from guy friends. So maybe it's easier for women to be satisfied in that part of their lives through friendships. Men, on the other hand, have the same physical drive but without an emotional surrogate. Why else do most guys in the hobby want those emotional aspects of the GFE?

I like to think that sex itself is about more than just the orgasm. It's a little depressing to think Megan is right and women are better served by an oscillating rod of rubber than by flesh and blood. Maybe she's right, as disappointing as that is. Spoken as a guy who is single and would gladly deal with the "messiness" of a relationship buy isn't particularly gifted at getting into one, I can attest that women have far less trouble finding men than men do finding women. Supply and demand I suppose. There isn't enough demand by women for men who will provide paid companionship, but there is a ton of male demand because we're missing that connection.

Fascinating. I'm usually the cynical bastard and here I am talking about emotional needs!

• Like 1

Guest E******d ****e

In the end, we need each other. Because until someone proves to me that we are anything but animals....Unfortunately, the human mind has allowed us to delusionally separate ourselves from this basic fact.

Men claiming that SP's are all they need or women extolling the virtues of a vibrator are engaging in-at best-rationalization or-at worst-simplistic sophistry.

Of course I might be wrong-I'm the same monkey spooge derivative as the rest of you-but you have to admit it sounded good. :)

It strikes me that everyone is talking about a purely physical exchange, which is a little sad. I mean, it might be the mellowness induced by the cognac and cigar I've enjoyed, but it seems to me that men are looking for more than just that.

I've never been a woman, so I have to take a guess here, but my guess is that women tend to get emotional intimacy from woman friends more than guys do from guy friends. So maybe it's easier for women to be satisfied in that part of their lives through friendships. Men, on the other hand, have the same physical drive but without an emotional surrogate. Why else do most guys in the hobby want those emotional aspects of the GFE?

I like to think that sex itself is about more than just the orgasm. It's a little depressing to think Megan is right and women are better served by an oscillating rod of rubber than by flesh and blood. Maybe she's right, as disappointing as that is. Spoken as a guy who is single and would gladly deal with the "messiness" of a relationship buy isn't particularly gifted at getting into one, I can attest that women have far less trouble finding men than men do finding women. Supply and demand I suppose. There isn't enough demand by women for men who will provide paid companionship, but there is a ton of male demand because we're missing that connection.

Fascinating. I'm usually the cynical bastard and here I am talking about emotional needs!

I think I tend to agree with you, and I'd also add that generally men are socialized not to be emotional and to deny that part of themselves. So they're not talking about emotional issues with their male friends. And they're probably not opening up entirely to partners either (should they have them). Why else do most of us end up playing therapist?

I also completely disagree with Megan. I can give myself great, satisfying orgasms, but that is nothing compared to doing it with someone else.

• Like 1

Why else do most of us end up playing therapist?

I also completely disagree with Megan. I can give myself great, satisfying orgasms, but that is nothing compared to doing it with someone else.

I completely agree with your therapist comment Berlin, I think having someone open-minded to talk to can make a world of difference to a man and our somewhat anonymous relationship with them greatly increases their comfort levels in doing so...

To Megan's comment: As someone who has been single for quite some time, I can say that never have I ever fantasized about a vibrator when with a man, but the other way around...

:thedeed: Not to say all men are better than our vibrators, just saying that a good partner is, most definitely!

However, I would rather buy a vibrator than buy sex, as items 3 and 4 from pipercub's initial post apply, to make buying sex for me expensive and redundant- why buy the sex with my hard earned money when almost all men give it to us ladies for free?