In the "Famous Last Words" thread someone mentioned "What does this button do?"

A group of us came up with a question some years back that ends with "Would you or would you not?"

Setup: Someone had come forward with a box with a single button on it. He claims that if the button is pushed, all life as we know it would cease to exist. In exchange for not pushing the button, he wants a billion dollars. Somehow he manages to convince the powers that be that he is serious and the box is functional. At a large public ceremony, the billion dollars is paid and everyone leaves the building.

You are the person who has to clean up afterward. The box is still there. Would you push the button, perhaps discovering this guy just pulled off the biggest hoax in history or perhaps ending life as we know it?

Or would you not?

Me? No question. I'd push the button. If nothing happened, I'd laugh my ass off. It it worked as advertised, no one would know because all life has ceased to exist.

What about you?

Guest E*******h S******s

Nope. I have kids and I wouldn't take the chance.

I wouldn't push the button.

But since I now possess the box, I'd be looking for my billion dollars.

The other guy simply doesn't know how the terrorism game works, once you get the billion, you then ask for another billion.

I wouldn't push the button.

But since I now possess the box, I'd be looking for my billion dollars.

The other guy simply doesn't know how the terrorism game works, once you get the billion, you then ask for another billion.

I wouldn't push the button just in case.

As for the terrorism game, I'd pay the billion. Then I'd get Navy Seals or some other Special Operations unit, they know how to end the terrorist game as has been seen with the end of Bin Laden and the Somalia pirates, and who knows how many others not reported in the news. And recover the billion originally paid out

This guy knows how to play the terrorist game too, and the terrorist loses

RG

I'd be trying to push it my self befor he was done asking for the billion in the first place and shouting "That was easy" :)

I wouldn't push the button just in case.

As for the terrorism game, I'd pay the billion. Then I'd get Navy Seals or some other Special Operations unit, they know how to end the terrorist game as has been seen with the end of Bin Laden and the Somalia pirates, and who knows how many others not reported in the news. And recover the billion originally paid out

This guy knows how to play the terrorist game too, and the terrorist loses

RG

Them damn good guys, always screwing things up for us terrorists! :)

My initial knee jerk (emphasis on jerk) reaction was to say push the hell out of that button!

But then I thought about my loved ones and felt pretty disgusted with myself. I'm going to do us all a favor and make sure that I never end up in a position of power!

Them damn good guys, always screwing things up for us terrorists! :)

That's what you..er sorry, Bin Laden gets for thinking the pizza boy was knocking at the door LOL

RG :-)

Well, you'd haver to figure that if he got politicians to part with a billion dollars, he had to have some pretty compelling evidence. I'd trust in that.

Guest tr*****e

I'd take the box and repeatedly smash it against the head of the (presumed) terrorist, making sure to mash the button with his head repeatedly. :icon_twisted:

I'm going to do us all a favor and make sure that I never end up in a position of power!

This makes you far more suitable for a position of power than anyone who currently has one.

What if I gave you a sundae?

black-and-tan-sundae1.jpg

Did you really have to post that right now? And I haven't eaten yet! I think I'd push anyone's button for that thing right about now :p

Wouldn't the most logical thing be to take the box and demand a billion dollars for yourself? It worked for the first guy.

Wouldn't the most logical thing be to take the box and demand a billion dollars for yourself? It worked for the first guy.

And another call placed to Seal Team Six (or other Special Operations force) goes in

RG :-)

Push the button?? I just did!! See, nothing happened.

Oops! Wrong thread. ...famous last words. :icon_wink:

Hell no! I love my life and I'd have to laugh at him. Come and try and get the billion from me. Good Luck Sucker!!

I'd say to him can I borrow a billion for a day? If you really have it, to taunt him and pay him back with his own money.

Additional Comments:

Hmmm sounds very similar to a movie I watched...so no, I would never push the button!

Saw it and yes it does and it was very devastating to those Button Pushers!!

I have many fifth dimentional experiences but I am in no hurry to get there ahead of schedule!! :icon_smile:

So this is one case where curiousity wouldn't kill the CAThy.