Movies you want to see remade

This morning I was listening to the radio and heard they are making a movie about the boardgame Battleship. Have we completely ran out of movie ideas? What's next Candy Land?

This got me thinking about all the movies that could be remade and I would much rather see brokeback mountain remade with Michael Cera and Jonah Hill.

What movie would you like to see remade and with who?

Posted via Mobile Device

I saw a trailer for Battleship this past monday, it looks completely idiotic. As well, they showed a trailer for the Fright Night remake... Really??? Are any of these necessary???

I'm going to go ahead and say there aren't any movies I would like to see remade. Quite the opposite in fact, I'd love to see some originality!!!

On a side note, i'm ridiculously excited for the Avengers movie next summer :)

Guest tr*****e

I say starship troopers needs to be remade, but not yet. People still remember the trash that passed for visuals and acting in the last one. Neil Patrick Harris should be in the next one, too, though. His part was the best!

Btw, on the note of Neil Patrick Harris, are there any other How I Met Your Mother fans here? I freakin' love that show!

I would love to see a real classic with a modern twist. Dancing in the Rain, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, you get the picture

Although not "classics" by any stretch I would like to see the Star Wars prequels remade into, well, good movies.:rolleyes: The current versions resemble something that comes out of the hind end of a barn yard animal!

I like True Grit.

Interested to see Conan the Destroyer.

I don't think Dirty Dancing will be any good.

...and GI Joe sucked arse!

My pick for classic remake: The Dinner Party (1994) with Jenna Jameson redone with Faye Reagan, Sasha Grey and Stoya :D hehe

This morning I was listening to the radio and heard they are making a movie about the boardgame Battleship. Have we completely ran out of movie ideas? What's next Candy Land?

This got me thinking about all the movies that could be remade and I would much rather see brokeback mountain remade with Michael Cera and Jonah Hill.

What movie would you like to see remade and with who?

Posted via Mobile Device

I agree, have they run out of ideas

A remake of Brokeback Mountain maybe, if it was about two (or more) sexy cowgirls instead of two cowboys

This attempt at a remake didn't work

You know what might have the potential to continue as a movie series, is the Bourne Identity franchise...he could be brought back from being a spy out in the cold to an American James Bond, fighting bad guys (in this day and age maybe terrorists) for the good old USA

And speaking of James Bond, maybe they could come up with a good movie plot to continue the franchise. Our current JB too hung up over one woman, you wouldn't see Sean Connery get that emotional...closest to emotions he got was when the laser was cutting a path to his boys in Goldfinger

Just some ramblings from a guy kinda disillusioned over movies today

RG

Philidelphia Story really needs to be re=done before George Clooney is too old for the Cary Grant part, and I'd say before Matthew Perry is too old for the James Stewart part. Maybe someone else in the JS part would be OK, but the role is made for George C for sure.

Katherine Hepburn i've never really thought of anyone specific who could be her part.

I was not sure of the point of remaking Footloose out this year, as is Fright Night. Fright NIght with Colin Farrel, of all things. The kid next door probably should have been someone else, like Cera or Shia lol.

You want to talk about running out of ideas? They already remade Spiderman! It's coming out next summer. Didn't Spiderman JUST come out?? I'm willing to bet money that in 5 years they do the Harry Potter movies all over again :P

the new Planet of The Apes was pretty good. But I guess that's more of a prequel than a remake.

I'm ok with remakes if it's something based on a novel and the original movie strayed very far from the original source. Basically if there's an actual reason to remake it besides the almighty dollar. Some may disagree with me but I keep hoping for a remake of The Crow. I loved the first movie but the graphic novel it's inspired by is a completely different beast. I'd like to see it finally be properly adapted to film. I am also looking forward to the new Conan. It looks to be a lot more like Robert E. Howards stories than the governator's version was.

I'd also like to finally see proper adaptations of Frankenstein and Dracula. The films "Bram Stoker's Dracula" and "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" were anything but what their titles imply.

Posted via Mobile Device

Edited by castle

I would love to see a real classic with a modern twist. Dancing in the Rain, Gone with the Wind, Citizen Kane, you get the picture

Do "Porky's" and "Animal House" count as classics?

YES!

One movie that would be interesting to see remade is Logans Run. Properly done this dark futuristic tale of population control would be very entertaining. Come to think of it a re-make of Charlton Hestons Soylent Green would be interesting as well.

YES!

One movie that would be interesting to see remade is Logans Run. Properly done this dark futuristic tale of population control would be very entertaining. Come to think of it a re-make of Charlton Hestons Soylent Green would be interesting as well.

According to IMDB there's a Logan's Run remake planned for 2014.

Gee, was Porky's that funny (and don't drink or eat anything while watching this clip)

or

Animal House

RG

According to IMDB there's a Logan's Run remake planned for 2014.

Just checked that out and see Ryan Gosling has been cast...guess the remake is gonna pretty much suck!

With today's society getting more violent by the minute and people becoming more immune to it, a remake of "A Clockwork Orange" would be really relevant. Hard to improve on Kubrick but I'd like to see this.

Thinking about it, could some classic westerns be re-made. They did it with True Grit and 3:10 To Yuma

How about The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence

Rio Bravo

The Shootist

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

High Plains Drifter

etc etc

Biggest problem, finding actors today who could fill those shoes...and they are big shoes to fill

RG

Thinking about it, could some classic westerns be re-made. They did it with True Grit and 3:10 To Yuma

Rio Bravo

The Shootist

High Plains Drifter

etc etc

Biggest problem, finding actors today who could fill those shoes...and they are big shoes to fill

RG

I don't think anyone should even think about remaking "the man with no name" movies (i.e. A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.)

• Like 2

Rio Bravo

The Shootist

High Plains Drifter

etc etc

RG

I'm a huge fan of westerns! And I agree some maybe could be redone well....but not the Clint Eastwood ones!! No one does Clint like Clint! Especially not the two you mentioned. He delivers some of his best lines in those movies, as only Clint can. That would be like remaking Rocky or Rambo without Stallone...you just can't do it. It would be sacrilegious! :p

I think High Planes Drifter is one of my favorite Client Eastwood westerns....so I'm a little touchy on the subject, lol.

Not disagreeing with you about Clint Eastwood, in fact I'm a fan too.

My post says "could some classic westerns be made" key word, could.

And I also said the biggest problem is finding actors for the roles, they do have big shoes to fill

And don't worry, I'm no Hollywood producer, I've no plans on re-making a movie...hell setting the time on my VCR is hard enough LOL

RG

Not disagreeing with you about Clint Eastwood, in fact I'm a fan too.

My post says "could some classic westerns be made" key word, could.

And I also said the biggest problem is finding actors for the roles, they do have big shoes to fill

And don't worry, I'm no Hollywood producer, I've no plans on re-making a movie...hell setting the time on my VCR is hard enough LOL

RG

No need to worry or defend your words as we were simply making statements...not arguments.

the new Planet of The Apes was pretty good. But I guess that's more of a prequel than a remake.

Posted via Mobile Device

Actually it was sort of a remake, though not OFFICIALLY. There were 5 movies in the original Planet of the Apes series (Planet, Beneath the Planet, Escape From, Conquest of and finally Battle for the Planet of the Apes.) The new apes movie mirrors the plot of the Conquest of the Planet of the Apes from 1972.

I have no life.

Guest f***2f***

Wait Until Dark....loved Audrey Hepburn but how about Scarlet Johansen??

No need to worry or defend your words as we were simply making statements...not arguments.

Wasn't worried, I know we were voicing opinions. And actually the movies I thought of were right off the top of my head...but in fact, Clint Eastwood westerns, thinking about it, can't be re-made.

RG

Wasn't worried, I know we were voicing opinions. And actually the movies I thought of were right off the top of my head...but in fact, Clint Eastwood westerns, thinking about it, can't be re-made.

RG

True...except for Two Mules For Sister Sara. Not my favorite Clint production.