What makes u decide to tour?

Question for SPs: what makes you (or would make u) decide to visit a certain city? # of clients, personal preference, etc....

I'll admit, beside being curious, my alterior motive is to try and get more SPs to visit NB ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Well, for me, I decide to travel if I need to spice things up, or just curious about the great many that I chat with. I eventually want to know them. Much like a hobbyist trying out different girls, I like to meet new hobbyist as well:) It is not always about how much money I can make, but it is the connection with hobbyist as well as meeting other sp's for support and to experience a social life I am not able to have here in small town Fredericton!

I have found that a huge majority of gentlemen drive or travel long distances to visit with me, and that in turn has made me decide to tour some of the smaller cities that I do tour in (there is something about hearing that someone drove 4+hours to visit with you), the best gift I can give in return is coming to you - so A) we can spend more time together and B) you don't have any explaining to do about where you are.

I am a quality over quantity lady and find that while I prefer to cover my expenses when I tour, in some cities a quality companion is few and far and I honestly do not believe that respectable gentlemen should have to miss out.

In regards to your interest in more ladies touring to NB, I know there is this started months ago, and I believe it had lots of valuable information on why few ladies tour NB.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49878

I have found that a huge majority of gentlemen drive or travel long distances to visit with me, and that in turn has made me decide to tour some of the smaller cities that I do tour in (there is something about hearing that someone drove 4+hours to visit with you), the best gift I can give in return is coming to you - so A) we can spend more time together and B) you don't have any explaining to do about where you are.

I am a quality over quantity lady and find that while I prefer to cover my expenses when I tour, in some cities a quality companion is few and far and I honestly do not believe that respectable gentlemen should have to miss out.

In regards to your interest in more ladies touring to NB, I know there is this started months ago, and I believe it had lots of valuable information on why few ladies tour NB.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49878

I've read that thread. Frankly it makes me not want to bother being a hobbyist. I know it's pocket money in a place like Toronto or Ottawa, but 300-400 is a significant amount in the Martitimes. Why bother blowing a weeks pay on an SP visit if i'm just going to get lumped in with the 'bad apples' in the area?

Whats a guy to do?

• Like 3

Guest E*******h S******s
I've read that thread. Frankly it makes me not want to bother being a hobbyist. I know it's pocket money in a place like Toronto or Ottawa, but 300-400 is a significant amount in the Martitimes. Why bother blowing a weeks pay on an SP visit if i'm just going to get lumped in with the 'bad apples' in the area?

Whats a guy to do?

With all due respect, why take personally a generalization that you believe doesn't apply to you? If you have read the companion's advertising, understand her rates and the experience she provides, contact her in the manner she prefers and show up for the appointment that you book, then obviously she isn't referring to you, now is she?

Emily (as well as other providers) is merely stating that her experiences in NB aren't as positive as in other areas. That is her own anecdotal experience. To take offense to an explanation that you yourself asked for doesn't make sense to me.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... Whats a guy to do?

The only thing that each of us can fully control is our own personal conduct.

Book up front, and then fulfill our commitment. Treat all the ladies we see with cheerful politeness and respect. If we the clients relax and have fun, chances are our goodwill will rub off, and the lady will have fun too. Sometimes all it takes is one memorably enjoyable client, one little special gesture, for a lady to find herself tending to be drawn back to a particular city - despite any other drawbacks that she may have experienced there.

These things are built up, or torn down, one client at a time. Each one of us can strive to be the one client that the ladies will fly out cherishing a happy memory of. That's what each of us can do, and it can make a difference!

With all due respect, why take personally a generalization that you believe doesn't apply to you?

I think the point tepic is trying to make is that is that although the generalization may not apply to him, he feels that he is still suffering (in terms of not having many SPs visit his town) for the misdeeds of others. From this perspective, the 'good guys' pay the price for the 'bad apples'.

What tepic fails to realize is that the SPs who get stiffed are really the ones who pay. Literally - lost income and travel expenses. Not to mention the personal disrespect is shows.

I understand tepic's frustration at the unfairness of it all, but it's the jerks and no-shows who are to blame - quibbling about rates and acting like it's the SP's responsibility is misdirected and unproductive.

What's a guy to do? Step 1 - put your own house in order and make sure you're not part of the problem. Be respectful, and show up. <g>

• Like 1

So to be clear, you are trying to get more SPs to tour New Brunswick on one hand, while on the other you are saying that the rates of touring ladies are too high?

Quite frankly, that seems like the exact reason Emily stated in the other thread why she makes only short visits to Moncton, because of people just like you who say that her rate is too high and try to bargain with her. This is especially appalling after her post about going out of her way and travelling to smaller cities to better accommodate some of her clientele.

If you think about it, what you said is patently false, as the fact that she keeps going to Moncton (even if it is for limited days) is de facto proof that her rate is not too high. If Emily, or any other touring lady was not, at bare minimum, covering her expenses, she would likely not travel there on a regular basis.

Your cries of woe about the state of the Maritimes economy also ring false. Participating in this hobby is a privilege, not a right. If you can't afford to participate, then don't. If you need to save up to see a companion, then do that. Emily clearly stated in the other thread that she has a few reliable gentlemen in Moncton that she sees often, so she isn't "lumping them in with the bad apples".

The bottom line is that people respond to incentives. When travelling to a certain city becomes onerous due to the amount of time a lady needs to invest dealing with cost cutters, no-shows cutting into business and disrespectful clients, then of course they are going to limit the amount they go to that city. Just as an SP may travel more to a city where there are a large number of respectful gentlemen that show up for their scheduled appointments and don't haggle over pricing.

You close by asking "What's a guy to do?". I submit that you start by being a true gentleman and treating the touring (and local, for that matter) SPs with the respect to which they are entitled. Like any other business, you get what you pay for and if you are not willing to pay for quality then you get what you deserve.

• Like 4

I think the point tepic is trying to make is that

Elizabeth Saunders:

I don't believe that was his point at all but...

Perhaps the OP would care to explain clearly what he meant?

Let's not forget that written words can easily be misinterpreted for many reasons.

First of all, let's not misrepresent me. I did NOT say that anybodys rates are too high!! If u interpreted it that way then maybe u were looking to pick a fight, looking fir a red herring to latch to, I dunno

I merely addressed that the economic landscape is different in different parts of the country, ad that it is more of a sacrifice for an NB hobbyist to see an SP than soneoen in an affluent area. And that being said, it frustrates me that the guys like me who are willing to make that effort (a price which is WELL deserves I might point out, I've mentioned many tines before on the quality of CERB ladies get lumped in with the bad eggs and NB seems like almost a chore for most SPs, who only focus on te negative (not just Emily, there were many in that thread and others I've heard in passing). Doesn't make a guy feel really wanted.

My original q was what factors into a touring decision, and was hoping it would give me constructive ideas on how to get more SPs to nb. Focusing on the negatives doesn't solve the problem... :(

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest E*******h S******s
First of all, let's not misrepresent me. I did NOT say that anybodys rates are too high!! If u interpreted it that way then maybe u were looking to pick a fight, looking fir a red herring to latch to, I dunno

I merely addressed that the economic landscape is different in different parts of the country, ad that it is more of a sacrifice for an NB hobbyist to see an SP than soneoen in an affluent area. And that being said, it frustrates me that the guys like me who are willing to make that effort (a price which is WELL deserves I might point out, I've mentioned many tines before on the quality of CERB ladies get lumped in with the bad eggs and NB seems like almost a chore for most SPs, who only focus on te negative (not just Emily, there were many in that thread and others I've heard in passing). Doesn't make a guy feel really wanted.

My original q was what factors into a touring decision, and was hoping it would give me constructive ideas on how to get more SPs to nb. Focusing on the negatives doesn't solve the problem... :(

Posted via Mobile Device

It's difficult for the ladies NOT to focus on the negative when 2 out 3 clients don't show.

Just because you don't like the answers you are getting doesn't mean that this isn't the reality for touring providers. Getting offended with being "lumped in" is certainly not going to convince the ladies to come and see you.

You need to understand tepic, this isn't all about you and whether or not you feel "wanted". This is a business.....our livelihood. While this can be a great job, it is STILL a job, first and foremost. These ladies spend HUGE amounts of dollars in plane fare and nice hotel rooms. When they can't cover their costs, there isn't an incentive to visit.

Edited by E*******h S******s

You need to understand tepic, this isn't all about you and whether or not you feel "wanted. This is a business.....our livelihood.

Quoted For Truth.

You stated that visiting a SP was equivalent to "blowing a weeks pay". I think it is understandable that several people, including and perhaps especially myself, interpreted that to mean that you felt rates were too high. However, in the interest of moving forward, I will apologize for this interpretation and assume you were referring to the aforementioned "bad apples".

I merely addressed that the economic landscape is different in different parts of the country, ad that it is more of a sacrifice for an NB hobbyist to see an SP than soneoen in an affluent area.

I respectfully disagree with this assertion. Each individual determines whether they can afford this hobby and how often. If you are relying on touring ladies than you likely have more time to save money between appointments. The average salary in New Brunswick may be lower than that of Ontario, but I doubt there is a significant decrease in the average salary of the hobbiests between the two provinces. There are many people who do very well in this part of the world. Some of Canada's biggest industrialists built their empires in New Brunswick

And that being said, it frustrates me that the guys like me who are willing to make that effort (a price which is WELL deserves I might point out, I've mentioned many tines before on the quality of CERB ladies get lumped in with the bad eggs and NB seems like almost a chore for most SPs, who only focus on te negative (not just Emily, there were many in that thread and others I've heard in passing). Doesn't make a guy feel really wanted.

This is the second time you have brought up this point. I am genuinely curious who exactly is making you feel unwanted? The ladies that are not touring there? The ones that are? Or the "bad eggs" that make it difficult for everyone?

As Elizabeth pointed out, there are real financial implications for a lady choosing to come to your city. If the margins don't make sense, then why would they continue touring there?

Posted via Mobile Device

You can't change the behaviour of the others in your community, so you can only make sure that you are personally doing everything possible to make the SP feel wanted in your city. WIT's advice about this is spot on.

The foregoing controversy aside, I think that tepic's original post is worth a response.

Question for SPs: what makes you (or would make u) decide to visit a certain city? # of clients, personal preference, etc....

I'll admit, beside being curious, my alterior motive is to try and get more SPs to visit NB ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

What I say has to be heavily salted with the fact that I don't tour, though I do occasionally go out of town with, or to meet, a client for a few days. I'm happy with the business I'm doing where I am. I'm frankly in awe of the ladies who travel all the time. It requires enormous stamina, more than I'm willing to expend right now.

That said, I have been toying with the idea of going to Ottawa.

I like Ottawa, particularly the capital region, and I haven't seen it in awhile. That's one reason. Another reason is that I've enjoyed getting to know some of the men there and would like to meet them if they were interested. A third reason is that I simply love quite a few of the Ottawa ladies and I would like to spend some time with them in person.

If I decide to travel to Ottawa I would need to be sure that I could cover my costs.

While many touring ladies have a schedule or a cycle of cities they visit, some companions travel to a given city when a gentleman offers to pay for their flights and acommodation, usually in exchange for a comparable amount of time. So, for example, if a flight to Ottawa were to cost $900 and accommodation is another $600, the companion could provide $1500 worth of time. That might be an overnight visit, or a couple of long evenings--whatever works for them. She would see other clients outside the time set aside for the one who brought her to the city.

So, tepic, if you want to encourage more companions to visit your city, perhaps you could consider offering some sort of incentive that will both ensure the companions go to NB and make it possible for them to begin to establish a client base there. Obviously this is not an inexpensive gesture, but it might work!

• Like 1

If I decide to travel to Ottawa I would need to be sure that I could cover my costs.

This.

1. As Samantha eluded to if someone is willing to cover the entire cost of the travel a SP is more then willing to travel to any location. And I am sure many of us have been unknowing beneficiaries of a generous client.

2. Pre-booking. When a SP does an advance schedule post they are looking for reassurance that they can break even for their travel. Pre-booking helps reassure them. However....

3. Reputation. A location's reputation also plays a part of their decision. A place with high no-shows, rude clients, reduces its attraction to visiting SP. Unfortunately Ottawa still has a bad rep for no-shows.

Notice (1) and (2) are within our singular control while (3) requires a more coordinated effort by all of us.

• Like 2

Elizabeth Saunders:

I don't believe that was his point at all but...

Perhaps the OP would care to explain clearly what he meant?

Let's not forget that written words can easily be misinterpreted for many reasons.

I would like to hear what the OP meas as well.

The last visit to Halifax for me was almost a bomb. I had several people requesting me to go, so I advertised for 2 weeks. The first two days I was rather upset...as the very same people who were requesting me all of a sudden did not book?? Thankfully the last two days filled up, just in time too! The same thing happened to me in Ottawa, until a member spoke up and said " come on Ottawa we can do better than this!"

I never did narrow the reasons down to just a single factor as there were probably many factors involved. Could be that I had not traveled there often enough and people had never meet me yet, however I had gone with many recco's behind me, or it could be I picked the wrong dates to go, perhaps there was a overflow of travelers at that time?

But my question is still lingering.....why would the people who were asking me over and over to go, but then they are not the ones who booked? Really if your gonna risk spending 1000 to go, you want the advance bookings to actually show up! The pre arranged appt are the ones that you really count on, anything beyond that is a bonus to your profits.

I recently been asked again from Halifax and Ottawa for another trip, but I will be much more careful on who is pre-booking, such as are they reliable?

• Like 2

Keep in mind that a touring lady bears the expense of touring, not the gentlemen. She has to pay for airline tickets, hotels, meals (and sometimes lost luggage)...actually considering the cost of touring, gentlemen should appreciate that ladies don't raise their rates when touring. And the cost of touring I can appreciate, as I drive depending on city, anywhere from two and half to three and half/four hours, in my truck, which is a pig on gas...my travel costs, about $80-$100.

If the expectation is reduced donation when touring a less affluent area of the country, then my question back, why should a lady tour when her income will be substantially reduced...and this is her livelihood.

As for blowing a weeks pay, if you can't afford to participate in this lifestyle, maybe you shouldn't. This should be done with disposable income. And the lady, this is her livelihood. She shouldn't be expected to subsidize a gentleman's lifestyle, nor travel at her expense for reduced income

Some thoughts

RG

• Like 1

The last visit to Halifax for me was almost a bomb. I had several people requesting me to go, so I advertised for 2 weeks. The first two days I was rather upset...as the very same people who were requesting me all of a sudden did not book?? Thankfully the last two days filled up, just in time too! The same thing happened to me in Ottawa, until a member spoke up and said " come on Ottawa we can do better than this!"

You raise an important point. A lot of hobbyists are all talk and no action in that they say 'come to my city', then don't book!

I guess my query then (which probably could have been worded better from the get-go, since it seems to have caused confusion) is how do hobbyists become more pro-active? Pre-booking and incentivicing are great ideas...is there anything else?

I understnad that the margains arent working, and obviously thats a problem. But i think the question we all can ask, and this goe to the very core of business 101, is 'how do we improve the margains?' and not 'NB is full o jerks and no-shows'

Well, tepic, I also have had some clients offer to pay my hotel fee for my first day in a city, on top of my booking fee. This does help if you are just going to the next city beside.ie: Fredericton to Moncton. This way you know your safe for your hotel fee, and if all fails, then you still have the cash in your pocket to eat and get to the next destination. Sometimes if an individual really wants me in Moncton, and ifI have no other appt pre-arranged, then I require min 3 hour appt.

I merely addressed that the economic landscape is different in different parts of the country, ad that it is more of a sacrifice for an NB hobbyist to see an SP than soneoen in an affluent area.

Posted via Mobile Device

To be honest with you, I do not find the economic landscape is all the different in the maritimes compared to the rest of Canada (I hear this topic mentioned on occasion and the funny thing is, if the economic landscape could not support the donations the ladies would not tour there). In fact excluding one city, I do not get any issues with my donations. Seeing a companion is a luxury not a necessity and should be enjoyed when one can afford too.

Keep in mind i travel 90% of the month and I have done my fair share in persuading other ladies to tour cities afterwards when some gentlemen have expressed interest in visiting them, only to have the lady tour there and get nothing but no-shows and people trying to haggle donations. Please understand when ladies ask me about other cities I am brutally honest about the cities they ask about.

Whether I travel or am in my home base by donations are the same, I feel that what I am asking for is more than fair for the experience being provided.

Just a quick additional thought popped in my head. When a lady tours to a city based on encounters, who turn out to be no shows, not only does she lose the income from that tour, she is now at a loss as she paid for the cost of the tour, without any renumeration to justify the cost. She would be further ahead to go to a city where her expenses are justified as she sees gentlemen who happily pay her donation (which is her income for her livelihood) instead of being last minute cancellations.

For guys who cancel, how would you feel showing up to your workplace at your expense, only to find no work there...and most of you don't need to fly and book hotels out of your own pocket to do so

What if guys had to pre-pay the lady her donation, and it was non-refundable. Maybe that would stop last minute cancellations

RG

What if guys had to pre-pay the lady her donation, and it was non-refundable. Maybe that would stop last minute cancellations

RG

What if they had to pay a deposit, at least? Refundable when reasonable notice is given, but forfeit if the client doesn't show up or cancels at the last minute?

Deposits are not a new thing. I used to require them of all new clients. Nowadays, I mostly ask for them from gentlemen who seek to book long meetings weeks or months ahead of time. The principle is the same: When I make a booking with X, the time he's requested isn't available to Y or Z. If X doesn't show, I've lost not only that anticipated income, but in most cases neither Y nor Z will be able to use the appointment time.

With enough advance bookings and paid deposits, a companion can have a much better sense of how the tour will go. If she doesn't have enough bookings, she can return the deposits and stay home or go somewhere else.

Just a quick additional thought popped in my head. When a lady tours to a city based on encounters, who turn out to be no shows, not only does she lose the income from that tour, she is now at a loss as she paid for the cost of the tour, without any renumeration to justify the cost. She would be further ahead to go to a city where her expenses are justified as she sees gentlemen who happily pay her donation (which is her income for her livelihood) instead of being last minute cancellations.

For guys who cancel, how would you feel showing up to your workplace at your expense, only to find no work there...and most of you don't need to fly and book hotels out of your own pocket to do so

RG

ell I am a consultant and a sub-contractor, so yes I can relate at least somewhat to their situation. However I also know there are ways to lessen the impact (actually some if the consulting I do is cost-efficiency). This isn't to say the onus should be on the SP, but neither the SP or the hobbyists can control the no-shows sadly.....we cam however work together to male sure neither of us suffers

Paying in advance would be great....but problem is that leaves a paper trail in what is an industry that's cash-based for protection purposes. But it is an idea.

Posted via Mobile Device