Cleaning Up Cerb

I don't suppose anyone has looked into cleaning up the accounts, such as suspended users, accounts with no activity in over two years, having random photo thumbnails that have no link to the pictures, just to name a few.

Just a thought, Bryan

Can't speak to what is or is not possible, I suppose Mod would be the go to man on that, but I don't think "cleaning up" suspended user accounts would be a good idea. Keep in mind that if a member is banned their account still shows as suspended, if Mod deleted them how would we know that they are suspended/banned. They could create another name or just use their old one and we would be none the wiser. If you get banned from Cerb there is usually a damn good reason and we probably don't want any of the bad apples back.

It's better to tell advertisers "We have 30,000 members" then purge old accounts and only be able to say "We have 10,000 members"

I agree that deleted users should just be deleted, instead of having names like J***A** or M****P***** that just sucks. I think it's because once you remove the member, any posts they made go with them....then some topics will suddenly seem to not make any sense.

I've personally inquired about defunct photos in the photo area that lead to nowhere when clicked but haven't really had any answer....

AND what SteveCurious said....he's right.

• Like 1

Simply take down the thumbnails and through them all in a suspended or banned file, much like the DNR file. with a link to that if they are searched. No need to have them continually popping up in random photos.

Additional Comments:

For example, 2 of the MOST VIEWED threads have had no activity in 2 years

For example' date=' 2 of the MOST VIEWED threads have had no activity in 2 years[/color']

Can't speak to what is or is not possible, I suppose Mod would be the go to man on that

As I said Mod would be the go to guy on this and I am sure he will give you an answer if/when he reads this thread. I agree it would be nice to see some old pics., etc. "cleaned up" but if it was possible either from a tech. point of view or from a time management perspective I am sure Mod would have done it by now. I would say he probably has too much on his plate to worry about the little things, but don't quote me on that.

Oh, sorry.. what a relief.. I saw the title and thought someone wanted to ban members who said fuck, piss, tits, shit, facefuck...

It's better to tell advertisers "We have 30,000 members" then purge old accounts and only be able to say "We have 10,000 members"

I don't think this matters much... advertisers know the difference between 'members' and 'active members' :)

I think the point about removing posts from threads if members are removed is important; and also, I think - but don't know - that if the member who made the first post in a thread is removed, the entire thread goes too. I vaguely recall PP re-writing a bunch of recos for ladies whose entire reco threads had vanished because of this, or something similar. I don't recall the details, but I suspect that we need to be careful before embarking on any over-zealous cleaning.

Finally, this is a board (and an activity) that people may leave for a while, and then come back to, depending on what's going on in the rest of their lives. It'd be nice if people could resurrect their old accounts when appropriate...

• Like 1

Guest W***ledi*Time

Accounts can be removed without their posts also being deleted. That's where those "Guest" posts come from.

The Reco posts referred to were deleted because they were suspected shills. The intent was specifically to get rid of the posts. The problem there was that when the first post in a thread is deleted, the rest of the thread goes with it.

It's up to mod when he feels an inactive account should be deleted. I like to see them left because their existence makes searching for certain things easier for me.

Additional Comments:

For example' date=' 2 of the MOST VIEWED threads have had no activity in 2 years[/color']

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day, just didn't do anything. There mus be something with the way that section of CERB updates (or doesn't update). Maybe something that can be looked at?

Edited by bucken
spelling