Confessions

You will always be both an Angel and a Starr but with a new beginning it is right to take a new name. And Penelope sounds great! Welcome Penelope and hope to meet you. XOXO Cub

You will always be both an Angel and a Starr but with a new beginning it is right to take a new name. And Penelope sounds great! Welcome Penelope and hope to meet you. XOXO Cub

And Penelope will also be a star®!! ;)

• Like 1

Ahhhh, Penelope....

As I posted previously, your post here prompted me to do the same thing as you... last night I celebrated 2 months of sobriety...

My intention here is NOT to hijack the thread - this one's all about you.... but I did want to say that not only did your courage get YOU to start living the life you were meant to live, it also helped me and, I am sure, others.

Know that you are not alone.... yes, the "rooms"are full of people who can (and will) support you... but there are also countless people here who are there for you when you need it.

Be well, and thanks for my sobriety!

• Like 2

I haven't been around here long enough to get to know you, but that doesn't matter. I support your efforts to make yourself a better person and to get yourself in a better place. Anyone who has a problem with that is clearly too self-absorbed.

Guest **cely***r***ne
Ahhhh, Penelope....

As I posted previously, your post here prompted me to do the same thing as you... last night I celebrated 2 months of sobriety...

My intention here is NOT to hijack the thread - this one's all about you.... but I did want to say that not only did your courage get YOU to start living the life you were meant to live, it also helped me and, I am sure, others.

Know that you are not alone.... yes, the "rooms"are full of people who can (and will) support you... but there are also countless people here who are there for you when you need it.

Be well, and thanks for my sobriety!

YES! I am so very glad to hear that you are doing great! And for once...or this may be the second time.. I have been deemed speechless! It has been my honor to have been an inspiration for you! And I am proud of you that you fight everyday! I may have said this before...you may have read my words, and they may have hit home, but YOU are the one who made the choice to get better, and that MUST be commended!

I am reminded of something I laughed hysterically about the other day... My friend said to me metaphorically of course...I am the little engine that could...but damn this hill is steep...I said to him, 'all engines must have a caboose, to give you that extra push when you need it'..

and I laughed because I said the same thing about getting sober! And my friends here have proven to be the best cabooses ever :)

Edited by **cely***r***ne
spelling