Confessions

Angel,

To announce your personal demon on a public site is a sign of your inner strength. It is great to hear that you will seek the treatment to banish the thirsty demon. All the best to you.

Many Kudos to you.

It's ok... you've taken the first step which is the hardest part of all. Persevere, and you will come out on top! **group hug**

Oh Angel. You're about to embark on such an amazing journey. Be good to yourself, be patient, and watch the world unfold again in front of your eyes.

It's not going to be easy, but nothing worth doing ever is.

You my dear are Cerb's Angel !! You have touched us all with your amazing personality and outlook on life. For those that have met you in person as well as for those of us that haven't met you yet.

I wish you the best of luck in this huge step you are about to take....I look forward to seeing you back when you are ready and I will be thinking about you lots !!!!!

Your Cerb family will be here waiting :)

My sweet little angel, such nice words I have read today about a strong and courageous young person that you are. I wish you good luck on your journey to recovery and hope to see you soon. Many hugs and kisses Angel, my thoughts are with you.

NJ

Guest **cely***r***ne

WOW! :'( I never expected to NOT receive all these well wishes, because I know you are all so supportive and loving. But this? Maybe Im just emotional...but I am very touched with this and its making my mascara run LoL

There are no exact words to describe how I am feeling...and if there are, then I must not know them because what I am feeling is different too...Alcohol makes me numb, so I will be learning all kinds of new feelings and things! Its exciting and its scary but cant wait to be better.

Monday is THE day I start counting my sober days.

I will miss you all so much and I will coming back as soon as I can.

I wish you all love and happiness!

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and soul.

Guest sh****s****r
WOW! :'( I never expected to NOT receive all these well wishes, because I know you are all so supportive and loving. But this? Maybe Im just emotional...but I am very touched with this and its making my mascara run LoL

There are no exact words to describe how I am feeling...and if there are, then I must not know them because what I am feeling is different too...Alcohol makes me numb, so I will be learning all kinds of new feelings and things! Its exciting and its scary but cant wait to be better.

Monday is THE day I start counting my sober days.

I will miss you all so much and I will coming back as soon as I can.

I wish you all love and happiness!

THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart and soul.

Monday is day #1 and as you said you're going to learn all kinds of new feelings. You will learn new coping mechanisms, it won't be easy but most importantly you've taken the first step to recovery. Wishing you all the best in this new chapter of your life. My thoughts and prayers as you continue forward

Wow I feel for you and coming out and admiting a sickness is not easy.

Proud of you and i hope you do very well wishing you all the best.

I hope everything works out ... it takes real guts to do what you are doing ... all the best ... my thoughts will be with you

Guest f***2f***

This takes an enourmous amount of courage. You have taken the first step which is to admit that you have a problem

If you haven't learned this prayer yet they will no doubt give it to you in the program.

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Detox first but you will need the twelve steps (AA)....one day at a time...keep coming back!

You Go Girl!!

Guest p**h*x

Angel, you're doing the right thing and as you can clearly see from all the replies you have a lot of people who care for and support you. It won't be easy but stay strong. Good luck!!

Angel, I sit in awe of your bravery and strength. I'm positive you will make it through Monday. And then Tuesday, And then each day as it comes. I'm rooting for you to discover and accept the beautiful person that everyone here already knows. God bless you and be with you.

I see the world a little differently Angel Starr.......

I've personally known many people that have not made it and are six feet under now. The odds are against you....you have to want it and fight for it. They say if you give 'er, then:

- You're going to know a new freedom and a new happiness.

- That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.

- You will comprehend the word serenity and you will know peace.

- Your whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.

- Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave you.

- and a whole lot more.....

You can do this, yes you can. Believe.

Monday is day #1...

One of my clients through work is an alcoholic. We were discussing things, and he held up his one day sobriety chip from AA. He said, "this is the most important chip of all - it keeps me grounded", even though he had just received his one year medallion. You know what? he was absolutely right. Just take things one day at a time Angel, one day at a time... You can do this, I know you can. I believe in you.

Edited by drlove

Angel --

From someone who actually had a counseling internship in a VA hospital treating patients with alcohol addiction, this is going to probably be one of the tougher things you do in your life. But if you invest the time into the program and do it right, you should get a lot out of it, and that's important to you and your loved ones.

I hadn't seen this thread till now, Angel, and I want to send you my very best wishes for your health and happiness. I know you are in our thoughts, as you have established a deep connection with many on this board, and I'm honoured to count myself as one of them.

All the best to you. Our love and support are with you.

Wishing you all the best for a healthy recovery and in your steps ahead.Take one day at a time, count your blessings that you have many friends,family that are supportive for your courage and conviction to over come this addiction.

Edited by PistolPete

Angel...

The best decision anyone can ever make is to actually do something to improve the quality of their own life.

You have made that decision, and you know that you have a cheering section behind you, sending you all the strength that you can muster, and more.

Love to you...

OD

And I cannot wait to see you all when I am the Angel I am supposed to be.

Best wishes with this courageous move that is a statement for your life.... And there is also an angel FOR you in this journey.

I just wanted to say that I sent you a PM in regards to your struggle Angel....I wasn't sure if you were checking PM's or not as you're not taking appointments. And I didn't post it publicly because some of it is personal to my own situation....I'm so proud of you for your first meeting love. I'll be thinking of you and routing for you every single day. xoxoxo.

Guest k***na

You have already taken the biggest step and that`s seeking the help you need. I hope and pray for a lasting recovery. xoxox

angel i wish you all the best. my father is an alcoholic and can't even admit his got a problem, you have, that's the first step on the road to recovery. stay strong and know that the toughts and prayers of the cerb community are with you. take all the time you need so you can came back better than ever.

good luck!!!!

I call you my 'Beautiful Warrior' for a reason Angel. You're so brave and I admire you more now than I ever have. You give it all you've got sweetheart. Remember, you're worth it. :)