Confessions

Angel, your most important responsibility is to yourself. It is thoughtful of you to be concerned for how your seeking treatment affects your tour schedule, but everyone else is more worried about you. Do what you need to do to get well - our thoughts are with you.

Angel the hardest step is admittance. In 1992 I had to do the same thing it was a struggle. I did a treament center int eh States 47 long days and nights. You have to take it one day at a time and lean on good people who can help you it will be hard but always remember you re worth it and you can do it always remember there is no cure but there is a different way to live sober and remeber this

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

And I keep this close all the time

http://www.aa.org/bigbookonline/en_tableofcnt.cfm

Angel,

I just wanted to ad my voice to the many firends you have here on CERB. You've obvoiusly made a huge imprint in our lives collectively and hopefully we can individually make a small one in yours. Take care of yourself and I can't wait to hear how you're making out down the road.

G11

Angel wishing you a quick and successful recovery. You just did the hardest paart of it! Now only good things to come :) xoxox

Sending you love and hugh hugs xoxoxox

I really hope for the best for you Angel. I don't feel like you have anything to apologize for in trying to get yourself well and I for one will welcome you back withoout reservations. You're gifted with a touching sincerity and a giving nature that enriches the lives you touch. Getting the help you need is something more people should have the courage to do and for doing it, I'm proud to know you and from the length of this thread, I'm not the only one.

As a whole, the community is here to support you. We care, we worry, we hope for the best for you as a person and we miss you.

Take care, fly free and worry not. There'll be hugs and pride from all your friends when you come back to us.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Good afternoon everyone!

I have been released from my personal prison! I dont really know how to put it all into words....however I am VERY happy to be back!

Detox was hell, but it was all so simple in the end!

I was supposed to stay for 5 days, but I felt as though I was comfortable enough to cope out of the center, and I know I can do it and stick with it,

my life is important. I will be following up with AA meetings twice or 3 times a week, and counselling as well.

As for all your support.... I came home this morning, sat down on my couch with a cup of coffee and logged on haha it was one of the things I was looking forward to on my drive back...

I read through all your posts in the Confessions thread, and I was deeply touched. I mean, I never would have thought that so many of you not even knowing me, were rooting for me! You will never know how much that means to me.

To be sober means an every day fight against temptation, and I will do it and succeed, I am never looking down again! Thanks to you! ;)

Well today is day 4! I have an AA meeting tonight and Im kind of excited :D

Thank you again...I cant say it enough

All my love to all of you! ;)

xoxox

Beautiful Angel, you've demonstrated honesty, courage, humility, and strength. Most importantly, you're committed to your own wellbeing, and your many friends here have shown that they want to support you. So please understand, when you ask for forgiveness... there is nothing to forgive. I've never met you (I've barely exchanged a few messages with you), but I sincerely admire and respect you. You will continue to rise above this.

You're one tough cookie, Sweetheart! ;) it does my heart good to hear you're hanging in there....keep in touch. Hugs N' Kisses! (Ok...so there's more kisses then hugs. Can't blame me :p )

Posted via Mobile Device

I think I can speak for many here.I never met you but you honestly makes us love you more...Get well sweet lady

Guest **cely***r***ne
Angel - I, too, am on day 4. Because of you. The world is a miraculous place filled with miracles.

Awww! Thank you hun, it is also because of YOU! If you did not take initiative for yourself first it would all be for not! The road is long with many hurdles, but the inner strength that comes from a life full of battle will keep you going! Never lose your faith in yourself, and you will succeed!

Im proud of you!

I hope your meeting went well.

Each day is another step on the journey and if there is anything we can do to help you, please say so.

CB

We are stronger together than alone....

Thats great! Keep on with being sober. It may be a hard long battle, stay strong and dont give up no matter what. Fight it and seek the best help you can get all the way through. You can do it. You are brave.

Angel star You are an amazing and beautiful woman, and congrats on doing what is needed to get better. I myself have battled a few addictions and it isn't easy but is so worth it to be sober and not have the daily stress and burden that goes along with the stress and burden of active addiction. if you ever want or need someone to talk to feel free to message me, and keep your head up you can overcome this.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Guest t**i***n

I'm truly saddened to know that someone so young and charismatic is forced to battle this disease. Know that you are not alone and an alcoholic is not who you are, just a piece of fibre sewn into the fabric of your life. Get well and remember, recovery is a journey, only you decide where it will lead you.

Guest **cely***r***ne

You know, there was a group here for those of us who have battled addiction, and it was there for us as we are recovering. Sad to say, that the group is no longer available. I am disappointed :(

I turned to cerb for help when I went into detox, and for a reason, I know we are all here for eachother and now that I am out and on the path to sobriety (1 week in!!) I really wanted to be able to reach out to people here, gain knowledge from the community and be there for others who are also struggling... So, I propose a new group for us. If you are interested in this, please PM me and I will get it on the go.

Angel, The fact that you can reach out at a challenging moment like this to your friends here, but also, take on a leadership role in offering to form a group here is to be commended. We all can use people with the "can do" approach life, like yours in our lives. You're a special person and in our thoughts.

G11

Your not alone with your addictions, I have suffered and have been recovery for other substance abuse myself. It was not a part of my life that I am proud of, but my recovery allows me to feel stronger and more proud than ever!

I applaud your honesty and strength for admitting to yourself( most important) and to us. You are on the right path now, and have better days to look forward to!

In my recovery, I have fallen down a couple of times. I have learned that if you don't fall, you wont know what it feels like to get back up! You need to dust yourself off and move forward! I also have learned, that I will always be an addict, but I do not have to be an active user either. In time, it does get easier to say no, change patterns, and the urges do get further and further apart each time you beat that urge!

I sincerely hope the best you, it wont be easy, but you have one hell of a support system here! Get support from wherever you can, and from those who have gone through this challenge of sobriety!

YOU ARE ALWAYS AN ANGLE TO US!!