• BBBJ or BBBJCIM out side of a client SP relationship
    • BBBJ or BBBJCIM from an SP client relationship
    • DATY/DATO outside of a client SP relationship
    • DATY?DATO from an SP cleint relationship
    • Kissing out side of a client SP relationship
    • Kissing from an SP cleint relationship
    • never have had an SDT/STI from any oral activity
    • never been checked for an STD/STI

As a long-time fan of BBBJTCIM, practiced with a lot of partners in a lot of cities, I've never contracted anything either. One reason may be that the risk is statistically lower for men with this particular act than it is for women recipients. Not that I am aware of any women I've been with who have contracted any STD/STI from doing this. Though many of them I only saw once {;-), so difficult to say in the long run. And perhaps they wouldn't advertise the fact if they did.

I do know people who have acquired sexually transmitted Herpes and that certainly is a risk with uncovered oral, whether or not it ends up with CIM. CIF/COF with some of the ejaculate in eyes or mouth also has a small risk of passing along something infectious. However, overall, I would agree that BBBJ/CIM/CIF/COF is fairly low risk. But I wouldn't criticize any SPs who don't offer these things. It's certainly possible to have a good time without them. And if it's covered, it's pretty much no risk, not low risk.

Guest m***2

The good news is guys that most of my experiences points towards the fact that the SP's are pretty safe... There is a lot of BBBJ these days but there has never been any proven cases of serious diseases. I think in general the bulk of the concern is with the skin type infections and this stuff is not so bad. I can tell you coming from Vancouver and Surrey that Ottawa is a joke compared to the risk in these areas. You have much more ratio's of infected people who are in the business. Also I must add the it has been said by many doctors that heterosexual sex even without a condom is not the major cause of the serious diseases. I have heard doctors tell stories about a husband with a wife infected with HIV have unprotected sex for a year and still not catch the disease. This being said man I have nothing to do with that level of risk just want to put people at ease a bit. Were protection stay healthy, watch who you are with and use your best judgement even when your are thinking with the wrong head ;-)

I wear a outer space suit when I go out into outer space, so I wear an inner space suit when I explore the depths of inner space. I prefer inner space - it's hotter.

I think that all who particpate in this hobby, should get tested regularly! If you don't, you not only put yourself but also your SO/GF/ the rest of us at risk.

I for one go in every three months, or less depending on how much contact I have had. There are many clinics where you don't have to give your real name, have insurance, etc.

It's better to be informed, as in this hobby ignorance cannot somtimes be bliss!

And for those wondering, I do have my "papers' and I am willing to show them upon request.

Someone showing me documents that say they've tested negative for STI/STDs is pretty much meaningless to me. They could have become infected shortly after being tested.

The only practical reason to be tested regularly is so that if you are unfortunate enough to receive positive results, you can begin receiving the proper treatment right away and take all precautions possible to prevent spreading whatever you have to other people.

Guest a**m*s

Correct me if I'm wrong, but barring taking a sample directly from a visible outbreak, I believe there is no way currently available in Canada to test for either Herpes strand. I know when I've been tested only a cursory visual inspection, which I requested, was done. Ditto for HPV in men - unless there are warts, the only method of detection seems to be pap smears.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but barring taking a sample directly from a visible outbreak, I believe there is no way currently available in Canada to test for either Herpes strand. I know when I've been tested only a cursory visual inspection, which I requested, was done. Ditto for HPV in men - unless there are warts, the only method of detection seems to be pap smears.

Actually there is, both a swab test, and two different kinds of blood tests go check out the other board, in the health section. Plenty of info on how to get tested for HSV.

Guest a**m*s

Ahh thanks for the heads up Angela. I misinterpreted what the clinic nurse told me when she said there wasn't a reliable test for herpes available. In case anyone else is as confused as I am, here is what I now understand:

(1) They won't normally test you for hsv at the clinic if you're not showing possible symptoms.

(2) If you ask, they'll do a blood test at some places, though the city of Ottawa says "blood testing is not widely available in Canada at this time."

http://www.ottawa.ca/residents/health/living/sexual/sti/herpes_en.html

The problem with this blood test is that it can't tell the difference between the two types of hsv and like 80% of people have hsv-1.

(3) There is now a test that can tell the difference between the two types, but it isn't usually free. From perb, though this might just apply to BC:

"The other blood test we offer is the HSV type specific test (HSV-TSS). This will tell you if you have HSV type 1 or HSV type 2 or both or neither. As this is an expensive test it will only be covered for free under the following conditions.

• If there is a history of recurring genital lesions where attempts to demonstrate the virus by culture are negative

• Asymptomatic patients who have a partner with a history of genital herpes

• Patients who have HIV or have sexual partners with HIV infection

• Pregnant women with unknown HSV status and a partner with a history of genital herpes

http://perb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104939&page=2

In Ontario, if you want this test it seems like the nearest place to go is Toronto:

"In the absence of an active sore there is one and only one accurate blood test available for diagnosis: the Western Blot test. The Western Blot test will distinguish between HSV1 and HSV2, but will not indicate the location of the infection on the body. The Western Blot test is best performed after at least four months from the point of exposure or infection. Lifelabs (formerly MDS Labs) in Toronto offers the Western Blot, contact them toll free at 1 (877) 849-3637 for details of lab locations."

http://www.cocospage.com/hsvtestinginfo.htm

Phew! So to sum up: anyone like me who's been getting the standard tests at clinics in Ottawa anyway is probably not being tested for herpes, and even if you were the blood test you could get would only show you if you have one of hsv-1 or hsv-2. You would need to go to a private lab to differentiate between the two kinds. Does this sound right to everyone?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no known cure for Herpes Simplex Virus 1 or 2. Its hard to detect, comes and goes and sometimes there are no visible symptoms. You can have it, pass it on to your partner and not even know it.

Hun

Think of all the diseases that we are carrying that are not yet detectable and are currently unnamed!! Wow this could be a whole sub category of science and biology.

Guest a**m*s
Think of all the diseases that we are carrying that are not yet detectable and are currently unnamed!! Wow this could be a whole sub category of science and biology.

That's kind of how I felt about hpv. Didn't know anything about it, then several women I know start talking about having pre-cancerous cells on their uterus. Suddenly it's everywhere. So I figure I better get tested. Oops, barring a sample from a wart (which only a small % of people with hpv have) there's no test for men. Well, great...

I must admit, though, finding out that herpes isn't regularly tested for really shocked me. Sites like this one:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/SHPRC/ch4_ora.html

call herpes "the biggest STD risk during oral sex" and it's not even part of the standard test (in Ottawa)? That freaked me out sufficiently to settle for cbj's:(

Many people get cold soars (Yes, these are herpes and they come out when your immunity level goes down - usually due to a cold). Almost 80% of people have this virus but not everyone breaks out.

If you do break out with the herpes blisters you know in advance (at least a few hours) as you will get a slight burning feeling (Some describe it as slight pain or discomfort in the area that is infected).

If you tell your doctor you can get a him/her to prescribe a medication to help prevent a outbreak (Mind you the drugs are very expensive) but when you feel the burn you can run out and get the prescription and take it as soon as you feel this slight burn. If you take the drugs before you get the blisters you will most likely not have any outbreak or the outbreak will only last a few days and be very small.

They also have daily medication you can take for genital herpes and helps a great deal to stop outbreaks. No CURE exists at this time just treatment.

When the virus is burning and forming the blisters in your skin it is actually VERY contagious at that stage (even before any signs of it appear) and remains highly contagious until the blisters go away. (Same holds true for genital and oral herpes). This is what makes oral sex VERY risky for genital herpes transmission. None of the ladies would touch you or bj you if you have signs of herpes (or warts) and most of them know what to look for... but herpes can go undetected and still be contiguous so it is more risky.

Any responsible person would refrain from contact at this time but obviously some people would not care.

Good thing is the ladies reputation is IMPORTANT to them and if someone was working and was having a outbreak they would quickly be exposed online for this sort of thing. (Same with warts and other sti's/std's you can carry and be aware of it).

Guys... a quick way to make the BAD DATE lists is to show up on a call with warts, herpes, or anything that looks like you have a STD/STI. The ladies will report this to the BLACK LISTS to warn other ladies. It does not happen often but it does happen. The smart ladies take a good look and inspection on your "junk" before anything serious starts to take place. If you have something noticeable they will defiantly stop the call and ask you to leave (and probably advise you to see a doctor). It would be very embarrassing for you (much worse than going to the walk in and getting your problem taken care of).