Opinion Needed: Was this a genuine "come on"?

Given that I'm completely clueless about this type of thing most of the time, I thought I'd ask what everyone thinks about this:

My regular hairstylist "Sara" had a family emergency and was unable to cut my hair the other day. The owner of the salon was there when I arrived and she arranged for a blonde girl to do the cut instead. Here's where it gets a bit weird... I sit down in the chair, and the first thing she asks me is "Are you married?" I said no, and told her that my last relationship ended awhile ago. I proceeded to give the condensed 30 second version of what happened, adding that my ex was crazy. She said, "oh, well that's pretty common.. we're all crazy here, too"

At this point I'm thinking that the conversation is a bit odd. In any case, I told her that I usually see Sara when I'm here, to which she replied "Oh, you must like getting your hair cut by hot looking girls" and I said, well, it doesn't suck; I consider it a fringe benefit lol. Then out of the blue she said "You should ask Sara out; she has nice legs" I said that I thought Sara was already seeing someone. The blonde girl said Sara wasn't seeing anyone seriously. So, I told her I might ask Sara out the next time I was in. After that it was just a normal conversation.

My question is:

a) Was the blonde girl just making an off the cuff remark, as in her thinking "oh, I know Sara's single, so I'll try to set her up with a random guy"

or

b) Was it a situation where the blonde girl already knew that Sara liked me, and took it upon herself to break the ice for both of us?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Hmm...that's a tough one. Not enough information....not enough time talking with this girl. My first instinct upon reading your message is that she was flirting to get a better tip, or just because she's flirty, or maybe wants to try and win you over as a client. But maybe she likes you?

When she said you must like getting your hair cut by hot girls, that was your cue to say "You're hot too" and her saying Sarah has nice legs was a test for you to say "Well so do you". She was feeling you out man....

Rule #1 - don't say the ex is crazy or it shows you have poor judgment when it comes to dating/women/partners

Rule #2 - stick to the girl at hand, don't talk about the girl that's not there!

Rule #3 - always tip your barber

*lol*

Ok,

1) My ex really was crazy, but I said in a half hearted joking type way, as in "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days"

2) Well, the blonde chick started it! I'd never seen her before in my life, and I thought that maybe she was hitting on me, but then she kept bringing up Sara, which wouldn't make any sense since that would just throw me off the track.

3) I tip well... but at the same time I don't want to make an ass of myself either. If I misinterpret it and it turns out Sara isn't interested, it could make things a bit awkward. But, then on the other hand, I could always blame it on the blonde. No matter what happens, I'm not giving Sara up as my stylist... she's the best!

Hmm...that's a tough one. Not enough information....not enough time talking with this girl. My first instinct upon reading your message is that she was flirting to get a better tip, or just because she's flirty, or maybe wants to try and win you over as a client. But maybe she likes you?

When she said you must like getting your hair cut by hot girls, that was your cue to say "You're hot too" and her saying Sarah has nice legs was a test for you to say "Well so do you". She was feeling you out man....

Rule #1 - don't say the ex is crazy or it shows you have poor judgment when it comes to dating/women/partners

Rule #2 - stick to the girl at hand, don't talk about the girl that's not there!

• Like 1

Talk to Sara, "sound her out" and if you don't get bad vibes then ask her out.

Don't ask, don't know and spend your next few dozen haircuts hearing how you missed out.

CB

Something else, it's kinda obvious your interested in her. If you weren't, you wouldn't have posted. Ask her out for a coffee, it's none threatening, no committal but could lead to better things...maybe you might even get...................your haircuts free LOL

RG :-)

Lol! Oooooo you ladie's man! Mauw!;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks RG,

That's the suggestion my friend had as well. I'll wait until after the haircut and ask her if she'd like to grab a coffee sometime. If she says yes, great! If she's non-committal then I can casually ad "Ok, I just thought I'd ask since your friend said I should ask you out".

Something else, it's kinda obvious your interested in her. If you weren't, you wouldn't have posted. Ask her out for a coffee, it's none threatening, no committal but could lead to better things...maybe you might even get...................your haircuts free LOL

That was a classic stylist intervention.

Sara has been wanting you to ask her out for weeks and probably would have been more assertive herself if she hadn't been called away... so she enlisted the help of the boss and the friend.

My question is why do you have a hair stylist, instead of a hair cutter?

Hairstylists tend to be better looking! ;)

• Like 1

That was a classic stylist intervention.

Sara has been wanting you to ask her out for weeks and probably would have been more assertive herself if she hadn't been called away... so she enlisted the help of the boss and the friend.

I was wondering about that too... for one thing, the blonde girl worked in one of the other salons across town, and just happened to be in the salon chatting with the owner. It seemed like a sheer coincidence that I got the blonde, since the original replacement stylist they had in mind for me was still busy with another client. I don't know if it was really planned that way, but who cares? I'm asking Sara out! The worst that could happen is that she says no... but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Then out of the blue she said "You should ask Sara out; she has nice legs" I said that I thought Sara was already seeing someone. The blonde girl said Sara wasn't seeing anyone seriously. So, I told her I might ask Sara out the next time I was in. After that it was just a normal conversation.

Once you said that "I might ask Sara out the next time I was in" and she then stopped talking about her, I think Sara wants you to ask her out.... The blonde girl probably thought - ok mission accomplished - and talked about other things after. Sara wants "YOU" to ask her out! Thats my gut feel. Just dont forget to "clean your pipes" before your next haircut with Sara so you're more relaxed.

I was wondering about that too... for one thing, the blonde girl worked in one of the other salons across town, and just happened to be in the salon chatting with the owner. It seemed like a sheer coincidence that I got the blonde, since the original replacement stylist they had in mind for me was still busy with another client. I don't know if it was really planned that way, but who cares? I'm asking Sara out! The worst that could happen is that she says no... but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

No, the worst thing that could happen is that she murders you with barber scissors. Second worst would be her saying no.

No, the worst thing that could happen is that she murders you with barber scissors. Second worst would be her saying no.

Is there a third option? Those ones suck! *lol*!!

Is there a third option? Those ones suck! *lol*!!

Option three is that she says yes, you have a wonderful time, great sex and then she wants to experiment with your hair. You say no, she stabs you with barber scissors in the shoulder blade and you run away, forced to find another stylist.

This time you choose a good old Italian barber named Guido. One day Guido gets called away and his friend Tony says that Guido is hot for you, that you should ask him out. At that point, you decide that you are growing your hair out and will be the pony-tail guy. Guido is heartbroken, decides that he will pursue women instead of men with stylish hair, hooks up with Sara and they live happily ever after.

You, on the other hand get to spend time on CERB and will become known in the SP area as the pony tailed guy who always asks for scissor free incalls. It's not so bad.

• Like 5

Once you said that "I might ask Sara out the next time I was in" and she then stopped talking about her, I think Sara wants you to ask her out.... The blonde girl probably thought - ok mission accomplished - and talked about other things after. Sara wants "YOU" to ask her out! Thats my gut feel. Just dont forget to "clean your pipes" before your next haircut with Sara so you're more relaxed.

Well maybe don't clean your pipes

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=1839

It sounds like the blond lady knows Sarah is interested in you! Be non-chalont and casual about it..." If you have no plan after work, would you like to join me for desert after your supper tonight?" I love desert dates, it is just long enough to know were the interest lies, without putting too much stress on the whole situation, and short enough that if it goes well then slip out for a martini or cocktails. Even if she is busy after supper, she knows you are interested as well and prob suggest another plan or time.

BUT YES ASK ONLY AFTER YOUR HAIR CUT..lol