Opinion Needed: Was this a genuine "come on"?

Just dont forget to "clean your pipes" before your next haircut with Sara so you're more relaxed.

Good idea!

You, on the other hand get to spend time on CERB and will become known in the SP area as the pony tailed guy who always asks for scissor free incalls. It's not so bad.

At least then I wouldn't be alone anymore. I too have a pony tail and have a strong dislike for any scissor play during an encounter..for numerous reasons.

Posted via Mobile Device

So, I was talking to a buddy of mine tonight... he says not to wait until my next hair cut to ask her out... better to do it now and just call her. The problem is, how can I do that tactfully when the only place I know of to get a hold of her is the salon, and I don't know her schedule?

• Like 1

Phone the salon, ask for Sara. If she's not in, ask when she will be in Then call her when she is there

RG

Or even leave a brief message saying please call back Dr.Love when you have a chance ;)

• Like 1

Or even leave a brief message saying please call back Dr.Love when you have a chance ;)

This is actually the thought I had, since that way I'd only have to call once and then get her to return my call.

I want to avoid a situation where I'm repeatedly calling and missing her. E.g.( She's not in, or she's there but busy with a client etc..)

I think it would be especially effective if you actually leave a message telling her to call "Dr. Love". What lady could resist that invitation?

• Like 1

So it seems I had no clue as to the real intent of this hair dresser, thus proving that I'm all thumbs with the ladies. What a way to find out!

Maybe Sarah and this other girl would be interested in a duo with you?

DON'T CALL HER WORK!!

Seems as though everything is already in motion.

Please keep in mind the following-

Yes, this was a set-up, it is obvious that Sara set this up with her co-worker to get the low down and plant some ideas, so go ahead and ask her out- not right away- don't call her place of work or show up there- just wait until your next time in three weeks. When you do see her next, it might be a good idea to let her know that her replacement mentioned she (Sara) was single then maybe slip her your card and leave it in her hands.

Whatever you do don't ask her for "coffee" that's what people do on plenty of fish to meet in a public place and see if they are sex compatible, attractive and able to hold a conversation in person- you already know you all that Jazz.

Remember, keep it cool, don't seem to eager, if she doesn't call it shouldn't matter enough to not go see her anymore.

Now, do you want a relationship or a sex friend? A relationship is worth waiting for your next hair cut and if she doesn't call you within three weeks at your appointment after that just act cool, she may have been busy. If sex is all you want then hey, send a cheap bouquet of flowers to her work tomorrow saying something like " Sorry I missed ya, the blond says you're single, wanna get naked in my hot tub?"

Oh ya once again, don't show up at her place of work to ask her out, she might get in trouble for dating clients.

Good luck!

• Like 5

Thanks... it's nice to get a female perspective on this. My male friend seems to think that time is of the essence, which is why he told me to make a move now, either by calling the salon or showing up in person. However, I am more comfortable with the idea of waiting until my next appointment to ask her out. I feel coffee may still be appropriate since I don't know for sure that it was a set up which Sara was in on. At least the coffee date would be non committal and offer an "easy out" if need be.

That said, I may have another problem along the same lines. It seems that when it comes to women, it's either feast or famine for me. In this case, there's actually another girl I'm interested in, who is closer to my age and in a similar occupation to myself. I will probably be meeting her within the next week or so. I was talking to a female friend about this, and she thinks that if I hit it off with this other girl first, then I should not even bother asking the hairstylist out at all since in my friend's words "I would be playing both of them, and I would end up losing". I don't know... I think there's too much conflicting info...I'd still like to see what happens with the stylist, just because how many times am I going to get a chance to date a hot looking twenty something? (I'm in my late 30's) At the same time, I realize dating two women at once can be tricky. What to do... what to do...

DON'T CALL HER WORK!!

Seems as though everything is already in motion.

Please keep in mind the following-

Yes, this was a set-up, it is obvious that Sara set this up with her co-worker to get the low down and plant some ideas, so go ahead and ask her out- not right away- don't call her place of work or show up there- just wait until your next time in three weeks. When you do see her next, it might be a good idea to let her know that her replacement mentioned she (Sara) was single then maybe slip her your card and leave it in her hands.

Whatever you do don't ask her for "coffee" that's what people do on plenty of fish to meet in a public place and see if they are sex compatible, attractive and able to hold a conversation in person- you already know you all that Jazz.

Remember, keep it cool, don't seem to eager, if she doesn't call it shouldn't matter enough to not go see her anymore.

Now, do you want a relationship or a sex friend? A relationship is worth waiting for your next hair cut and if she doesn't call you within three weeks at your appointment after that just act cool, she may have been busy. If sex is all you want then hey, send a cheap bouquet of flowers to her work tomorrow saying something like " Sorry I missed ya, the blond says you're single, wanna get naked in my hot tub?"

Oh ya once again, don't show up at her place of work to ask her out, she might get in trouble for dating clients.

Good luck!

One more thought ... if you wait until your next appointment, you can certainly ask a series of questions about where she is at in her life without "going all in," so to speak, until you have a pretty good idea what her answer would be. If she is not interested, that will be pretty clear in her answers.

This all assumes, of course, that there aren't other nosey co-workers nearby to screw things up.

I think that when it comes down to it, I would just ask her out point blank. If she says no, I can always say I must have been misled by her co-worker. The idea of being rejected doesn't bother me, since it doesn't matter how many women say no; it only matters when one says yes.

What got me thinking is the other lady with whom I have been corresponding with on a dating site for the past month or so - Let's call her "Holly" for clarity's sake. Now, I have a good feeling about Holly and think that she may be a potential match. I had planned to meet her all the way along to see if there's a spark in person, so that would have been all well and good regardless. However, I wasn't expecting the whole "Sara the hairstylist" scenerio to unfold in the meantime. Chances are good I will be meeting Holly before I have the opportunity to ask Sara out. My question is, if Holly and I hit it off and go out on a date or two, is it really so bad for me to ask Sara out to see where she stands?

One more thought ... if you wait until your next appointment, you can certainly ask a series of questions about where she is at in her life without "going all in," so to speak, until you have a pretty good idea what her answer would be. If she is not interested, that will be pretty clear in her answers.

This all assumes, of course, that there aren't other nosey co-workers nearby to screw things up.

Until you make some kind of commitment and words like "We're exclusive to each other, we're an item" then you need to keep all your options open. Always. imho.

There is no harm in asking either one of them out, and then getting a better vibe. If you close one lady out, you may be kicking your ass later, as Cap says keep all your options open. Personally I would of asked the hair dresser(blonde) that was trying to set up the date if she was interested, then.... there WAS/IS 3 ;)

Until you make some kind of commitment and words like "We're exclusive to each other, we're an item" then you need to keep all your options open. Always. imho.

There is no harm in asking either one of them out, and then getting a better vibe. If you close one lady out, you may be kicking your ass later, as Cap says keep all your options open.

That's what I was thinking too... At this point there are too many variables, but in the event that both ladies are interested, would it be a good idea to be straight up with them? That is, in the "not playing games department", should I let them know that at the present time I'm more or less just having a look around and seeing what's out there?

Just chill out my friend, you haven't even met either one of them yet!

I don't think either one of them is expecting you to slip a ring on their finger

the first time you meet.

In reality you have no obligation to say anything,unless your intentions are more then taking them out for a coffee,but the gentleman thing to do is to tell them that you are just simply dating without any strings attached and see how things work out.

If you express yourself that you are simply trying to get back into the dating scene, I think you will find out that they may be doing the exact same thing.

That's what I was thinking too... At this point there are too many variables, but in the event that both ladies are interested, would it be a good idea to be straight up with them? That is, in the "not playing games department", should I let them know that at the present time I'm more or less just having a look around and seeing what's out there?

I agree with waiting until your next visit to get your hair cut, but geez, just make it necessary tomorrow and go in. Who says you need to wait 4-6 weeks.

And, for me, I just want to know where you go for your hair, I want to make an appointment myself....lol

I agree with waiting until your next visit to get your hair cut, but geez, just make it necessary tomorrow and go in. Who says you need to wait 4-6 weeks.

And, for me, I just want to know where you go for your hair, I want to make an appointment myself....lol

*lol*... I wish it were that easy... my hair usually takes about three weeks to grow to the point where I can get it cut again - oh, wait a minute, what am I thinking??? I'll just make an appointment for tomorrow and ask for a buzz cut. That should do it!

I agree; I'd like to know where you get your hair cute that there's all these cutie hair stylists, I get a simple buzz cut; but I'll go to a hair stylist for that!

So, I finally had the opportunity to ask Sara out. During my haircut, I discovered that the blonde girl who cut my hair last time (i.e. - the one who said I should ask Sara out in the first place) is actually one of Sara's roommates. That got me thinking that there may have been something behind the blonde girl's comments, as women tend to talk about everything with one another. So, at the end of the appointment as I was paying, I casually asked Sara if she'd like to go out for a coffee sometime. Her response was "Sure, when you come in for your next haircut, we'll talk about it" I said "great!" and left it at that. I think it's a bit odd that Sara would want to wait almost a month before even discussing going out. I'm wondering if it wasn't just a polite way to brush off my advances. Hard to tell what she was thinking...