How do you feel about babies?

Having children is an experience like none other. You would be amazed at how strong your bond is and how strong you love is for your children. It makes all the difficult times worthwhile.

I love kids, I have three of my own and wouldn't give them up for anything in the world. Kids have never taken away my identity, they have never limited what I could or couldn't do, they have been a huge bonus in my life. I still go out with my friends, and have never had to limit myself because of their existence, and whenever I needed any kind of help, I've been lucky to have had friends and/or family that were ready and willing to lend a hand, but as many have said kids are not for everyone, and to make that decision not to have kids is a personal choice, and as someone else mentioned Id rather someone make the decision not to have any than to have one and not care or love it, as kids deserve all the love in the world and only those ready for the kind of commitment that lasts a lifetime should even dare to have them.

@ JuliasUndies - tried to give you rep points but apparently I have to spread the love!

My favorite part of the "baby" phase is the bums! So cute and perferct! Fresh out of the bath, smelling like Johnsons babiness. I would lay them on a towel and massage them from head to toe and they would smile then go limp. Put their diaper and onesie on then it was boobie time! A big blanket on the couch with some mood lighting and the right music (Bob Marley was my groove for nursing). I could spend hours nursing, holding them close and just smelling them...

cat

Ahhh, that's adorable! I tried to give you points too but my love also needs to spread?

One thing I did want to add about babies/children/kids.. When I saw and held my 7 pound 1 and a half once ball of baby-ness..It was that moment I believed in love at first sight. I fell in Love right there, right then, and never looked back.

It chokes me up thinking that I wasn't going to have this lovely baby at all, I was far too young, uneducated and independent..When my son was born to me that day, I knew what I had to do and exactly what was important in this life and grateful so very grateful.

Ahhh, that's adorable! I tried to give you points too but my love also needs to spread?

One thing I did want to add about babies/children/kids.. When I saw and held my 7 pound 1 and a half once ball of baby-ness..It was that moment I believed in love at first sight. I fell in Love right there, right then, and never looked back.

It chokes me up thinking that I wasn't going to have this lovely baby at all, I was far too young, uneducated and independent..When my son was born to me that day, I knew what I had to do and exactly what was important in this life and grateful so very grateful.

Babies bring clarity to the confused life at times. It certainly did with me. Too young, to naive to know what I had done, but it made me what I am. They are extraordinary in every aspect and will change you in only for the better if you let them...

cat

• Like 1

Hi Megan, I've fathered 4 kids. Yes they do look a bit like aliens when they are born, but only for a couple weeks at the most... after which they are cute and cuddly. But the parent child bonding is so strong that even while they look like aliens the parents still think they're cute (I'm reminded of a Seinfeld episode). There are few experiences nicer than having a baby fall asleep in your arms.

No, the real terror starts when they hit 13... nah just kidding, 2 of mine are now adults, ones the most helpful teen I've ever met (if you can yell loud enough to reach him through his ipod head phones) and my youngest is a preteen.

Its kind of strange how life goes, I always said I would have either no kids or more than one - ended up with one. My mother, god love her was that type that should not have had kids for a variety of reasons but ended up having 3.

Fast forward many years and I would not trade the time, emotional rollercoaster (at times), highs, lows, cries, laughter for anything in the world for the life I share with my late teen daughter.

Perfect time for the sign off in a true CERB fashion

YMMV!

You know those moments when you wish you could have a mulligan on your life and go back to the start knowing what you know now?

My kids would be the reason that I would never want to start absolutely fresh. If there was even the most remote chance that my kids would never have been born, or would have been different... it would be the end of me.

I don't live for my kids, and my kids have quite an independent life a few hundred kilometers away, but when I see them, when I am near them, when I talk to them I always know that there is someone in the world that loves me unconditionally and that love is returned in the same way.

I am so happy to be a father, but even happier to be daddy.

• Like 5

I am a machine when it comes to having a baby (last labour, 13 mins start to completion)

Wow. If you ever have another, remember to remind the medical staff that someone needs to stand on the other side of the room with a catcher's mitt :)

I love babies! New baby smell is amazing, though I will admit that many babies look like aliens when they first present themselves to the world. I love their honesty and I love the look of wonder in their eyes whenever they see anything new (which is pretty much everything).

I love babies! It's some of the parents that I can't stand!!

I am very uncomfortable around children until they get smart enough to have conversations about adult subjects. Maybe as I age I will connect more with children, or maybe it will require me to have my own children to get that connection.

They're little evil monsters and should be avoided at all costs. If you really find yourself wanting one, try to get one that's already trained and broken in, and even better get one that someone else owns and you can walk away if need be. Don't be fooled by their big eyes and giggles...they are evil monsters that will ruin your life.