Contacting SP/Agency from hotel?

I've preferred using email (hotmail account) for scheduling my few appointments and it's worked out fine for both confirmation and when an SP had to cancel. One time I did call from the hotel - do hotels keep track of outgoing telephone numbers? Do they care what you are using their room for as long as you pay the bill? I just don't want something potentially getting back to my employer. I also assume that if you call an agency or SP, and they have to call back, they block their number so it wouldn't be on call display or hotel records? For similar reasons, I don't use my work cell phone for contacts. I assume SP's and agencies are just as concerned about discretion as I am. I also appreciate that SP's dont want calls from pay phones or blocked numbers for their own security.

any suggestions on how best to discretely communicate and make arrangements?

Just an idea...

Staples have pay as you go cell phones for about $60 and they come with $20 worth of cell time.

Most local calls made from a hotel room are free. Having said that, they most likely would not show up on the hotel invoice.

If I have to call, I use my own cell phone no matter where I am at. This way I don't have to worry whether someone will keep track and I am not stuck in the room waiting for a call back.

If I have to call, I use my own cell phone no matter where I am at. This way I don't have to worry whether someone will keep track and I am not stuck in the room waiting for a call back.

Likewise, whenever..where-ever...my personal cell..After the adventure is completed and deal is finalized and I'm on my way home...I go to...call history...delete all..:!:

If you are attached and for whatever reasons, the SPs decide to call your cell phone and you are not there to pick up the phone, well let's not discuss the endless possibilities shall we ?

I also prefer to use email as my main form of communications. Make sure you log out and clear your cache and cookies after each session. Take a few seconds but it would make a world of a difference.

If you somehow manage to get a cell phone # of the SPs, best way is to go to Rogers or Telus or Bell websites and send them a text message. It will show up on the SP's cell phones as coming from a generic number.

Some SPs prefer the first contact be via email. Later on they will give you a cell number to contact them on the day of the appointment. Some will ask for your cell contact prior to an appointment (seems fair so they could contact you if they need to cancel -good business model). To be absolutely discrete you should have your own cell phone so you're not using the hotel's system. It may not show up on the hotel's bill, but there is still a record of it.

The other members here have provided good in site in terms of pay as you go phones - get one, set a security pass code on it and secure it from anyone that does not need to know of it's existence. Good luck.

I use a service with a sim card, my cell phone is truly critical to my business so i have a spare just in case my main phone falls in water or gets droped etc... I used to keep a SIM card in the glove box of my car for a pay as you go and when I need a phone for this stuff simply grab the spare and pwer it up with the pay as you go SIM card, once the SIM card is removed the phone will not acitvate and you can not see anything on the phone.

Don't need this much undercover anymore but it is a good strategy for those of you iwth sim card based phones. (new PDA phones lock)