So like so many others, I use one of those stainless steel coffee mugs for my morning fix of caffeine. When I was washing it and the lid that I use, I looked closely at the lid. There is a rubber ring on the lid so as to ensure a tight seal and no spills will happen. I decide to pull the rubber ring off and .... HOLY SHIT! .... there is all this disgusting black stuff sticking to the rubber ring and in the little groove where the rubber ring sits. I was ingesting this crap? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So people, you might want to check your own lids before you have that next cup of coffee.

One, will have to clean certain areas to make sure everything is clean and hygienic. :icon_smile:

meh.....a little mold never killed anyone........oh wait........ k, nevermind :p

So like so many others, I use one of those stainless steel coffee mugs for my morning fix of caffeine. When I was washing it and the lid that I use, I looked closely at the lid. There is a rubber ring on the lid so as to ensure a tight seal and no spills will happen. I decide to pull the rubber ring off and .... HOLY SHIT! .... there is all this disgusting black stuff sticking to the rubber ring and in the little groove where the rubber ring sits. I was ingesting this crap? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

So people, you might want to check your own lids before you have that next cup of coffee.

Good point. And refilling empty water bottles at the water cooler can make you sick too. A friend of mine ended up with a bladder infection and some thrush (yeast) in her mouth as a result of refilling the same bottle which the doctor told was basically full of bacteria.

Good point. And refilling empty water bottles at the water cooler can make you sick too. A friend of mine ended up with a bladder infection and some thrush (yeast) in her mouth as a result of refilling the same bottle which the doctor told was basically full of bacteria.

Seriously? Guess I better switch up my water bottle tomorrow...I had no idea..

Just make sure the coffee's hot........it'll kill any germs. LOL Live on the wild side. What doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

I'm pretty sure Jazz it's referred to as mold! BLECH!!!!!

After I posted this, I realized that I wanted to describe it as black mung.

I just like the sound of the word mung and what it conjures up in one's mind.

So this black mung has actually hardened and attached itself to the rubber ring. It does not want to be scrapped off. It's a monster!

Edited by Jazzitup

Guest k***na

A rubber ring???? something totally off topic comes to my mind when you say this and Im sure you of all people, know what I am talking about!

This rubber ring im thinking of sits in a little groove also and ensures no accidents! LOL!

Yes, circumcisions can be a good idea. That's what we were all getting too right?

Were you implying that turtlenecks are not hygienic? Hey!! I'm sporting a turtle neck myself and am proud of it! ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Were you implying that turtlenecks are not hygienic? Hey!! I'm sporting a turtle neck myself and am proud of it! ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

My man sports a damn fine turtle neck! It's as hygienic as they come, I'd eat supper off his turtle neck.

I'm sure Castle, yours is great too, as long as there are rim checks, check. :)

I'm sure Castle, yours is great too, as long as there are rim checks, check. :)

Yup....my junk is fully inspected daily ;)

After I posted this, I realized that I wanted to describe it black mung.

I just like the sound of the word mung and what it conjures up in one's mind.

So this black mung has actually hardened and attached itself to the rubber ring. It does not want to be scrapped off. It's a monster!

Here's a thought, why not throw out that mug and buy a new one

RG

• Like 2

Here's a thought, why not throw out that mug and buy a new one

RG

I get attached to things, especially the ones I stick it my mouth.. I would do my best to wash it, very lasy resort would be to say goodbye to an old friend.

I get attached to things, especially the ones I stick it my mouth.. I would do my best to wash it, very lasy resort would be to say goodbye to an old friend.

I'm sorry....I just completely lost all focus on what the topic at hand is once you started talking about things you stick in your mouth. What is this thread about again? I'm so easily distracted lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm sorry....I just completely lost all focus on what the topic at hand is once you started talking about things you stick in your mouth. What is this thread about again? I'm so easily distracted lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

hahaha

I'm sure it had something to do with Jazzitup sticking something dirty in his mouth that he thought was safe, ... LOL p.s just joking Jazzitup

A rubber ring???? something totally off topic comes to my mind when you say this and Im sure you of all people, know what I am talking about!

This rubber ring im thinking of sits in a little groove also and ensures no accidents! LOL!

Kianna,

Say no more! I know exactly what you mean.

I love how you think. :icon_biggrin:

Additional Comments:

hahaha

I'm sure it had something to do with Jazzitup sticking something dirty in his mouth that he thought was safe, ... LOL p.s just joking Jazzitup

Maybe cerb needs an award for best thread hijacking because Julia you certainly have earned my nomination for it.

• Like 1

Seriously? Guess I better switch up my water bottle tomorrow...I had no idea..

Just to clarify. The bottle she was refilling that made her sick was a bottle water bottle which are really intended for single use.

nestle-bottled-water-300x227.jpg

But one of these should be fine, if you clean them on a regular basis, like any other vessel you would drink from.

Eastman_Tritan_water_bottle_large.jpg

Yes I am sure her drinking from a bottle that was not meant to be used more than once had to do with it but she probably washed it however the problem could have also been in the water dispenser? A lot of people forget those need to be cleaned too.

Just to clarify. The bottle she was refilling that made her sick was a bottle water bottle which are really intended for single use.

But one of these should be fine, if you clean them on a regular basis, like any other vessel you would drink from

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1