How Your Musical Taste Could Destroy Your Dating Life :-)

Yep, all of those "artists" definitely suck.

Although being an aficionado of bands like DRI, Nuclear Assault and Cannibal Corpse doesn't exactly help me in the romance department either.

For some reason a song like rotten body landslide just isn't conducive to a good make out session.... Go figure ;)

Am I the only here who knows who Myron Floren is?

How about George Formby?

It's cheating if you google the names!

• Like 1

How about George Formby?

George F, yes

Myron, no

Guest K***e D****ls

The only one I listen to on that list is Nickelback. Someone told me to listen to their song "Shakin' Hands" and it redeemed that band for me. It's kind of like a little anthem. haha. I wouldn't go out and buy whole albums but I don't cringe when they come on the radio either.

Still have a couple of Creed albums from when I was younger (and didn't know any better) BUT I can honestly say my music collection is free of the other artists listed.

Hummmm, ColdPlay, Nickleback and U2 are in the top 10?

Well, if my music preferences affect my dating chances or for that matter, destroy them I'm happy to stay single

and listen to what I enjoy whenever I feel like it lol

The 3 groups mentioned above are not my favorites but I sure won't change the radio station if they happen to be on.

Quoted from http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/musi...king-on-a-date

"There are some things you really shouldn't reveal on a first date. The fact that you still live with your mom, or that your biological clock is ticking double-speed should at least be kept until the fifth date. Other things, such as your obsession with "World of Warcraft," or your love for Nickelback, should never be revealed until the wedding night."

Been there, done that and let me tell you that feeling like the third wheel in a relationship because of that specific obsession is no fun at all. That game was even more important than having sex with me (or do anything else) so you know what? I would rather have someone listen to something I don't like than having to deal with a World of Warcraft addiction ;) And trust me, they can't hide it for long either lol

Edited by Ga*****la L****nce
spelling

...That game was even more important than having sex with me (or do anything else) so you know what? I would rather have someone listen to something I don't like than having to deal with a World of Warcraft addiction ;) And trust me, they can't hide it for long either lol

Isn't it strange how a virtual world can have a greater appeal for some than the real one? Why on earth would that happen? I suppose merely by asking the question I reveal myself as someone ignorant of the workings of the human psyche.

I enjoy music, but really it is one facet of my life but not the defining one. I have eclectic tastes, but equally I realised again just today how boring some of my choices could appear to others.

Likewise I find there are days when I don't wish to be outside my musical "comfort zone" and on others relish the idea.

CB

For me music is critical to get in the mood. I am a premium subscriber of "live365.com". I usually ask my partner what type of music they like and play that from my app on phone or computer when I am with them.

I prefer something ambient - Chillout IBIZA FM, or Latin Quarters(latin and smooth jazz). But I played Hot Hits Atlanta for Jazy when she visited me - thats what she wanted.

This article is just somebody saying what music they hate. All those artists are huge stars and sell out stadiums, so somebody likes them. So if two people who like those artists are on a date together they'll probably bond over that.

I will agree with the article saying that most women will find it a turn off if a dude likes pop music like Katy Perry. I mostly listen to dance pop music and people seem to think that when I say that, I am telling them that I am gay.

*sigh*

If you're the kind of person who's going to decide whether or not to date me on what music I like, then I'm pretty sure you're not the kind of person I'd want to have any kind of a relationship with.

This article is just somebody saying what music they hate. All those artists are huge stars and sell out stadiums, so somebody likes them. So if two people who like those artists are on a date together they'll probably bond over that.

I agree. The original MSN article is intellectual dreck! Just a chance for the MSN "author" to broadcast loudly his or her cultural prejudices -- without any redeeming social value. These type of "articles" on MSN and elsewhere are far too common. Yuck!

i listen to every artist in the list when they are on the radio .. hence i'd be guilty.

although my fave is always the one and only:

tiesto.jpg

• Like 1

How about George Formby?

As Lawrence Welk would say "Taank you boys"

Posted via Mobile Device

As Lawrence Welk would say "Taank you boys"

Posted via Mobile Device

I think admitting a taste for Lawrence Welk would put the kibosh on pretty much any date! LOL