Favourite Television Shows...

I'm sorry if a thread of this sort already exists, I tried searching and found nothing like it!

Since we have a favourite songs thread, I thought this thread would be a good idea too..

My favourite tv shows are:

-Dexter (Did you know that this person is actually a serial killer sociopath? BUT HE'S SO NICE AND LOVABLE)

-Private Practice

-Law and Order SVU (I don't know why i watch this show since ever 3rd victim is a sex worker... gives me the creeps)

-Gossip Girl (no laughing...)

Anyone else have favourite TV shows?

Im a very big fan of Gossip Girl as well ;)

Shouldn't admit it but I never miss an episode of Coronation St. Great to see them doubling up to catch up to the UK.

Don't be ashamed of your Corrie addiction, I've been hooked for more than 20 years, although lately I'm loosing interest.

I don't watch much TV but when I do I enjoy these shows;

Two and Half men

Big Bang

Californiacation

Arrested Development

and a guilty pleasure is House Hunters on HGTV, I have to know will it be house #1, #2, or #3

• Like 1

Two new series this season caught my interest:

Person of Interest - Orwellian high tech hi-jinx in the hands of two characters that play a rough game of vigiliante on the bad guys, on a pre-emptive basis... Jim Caviesel plays the cold heavy hitter that serves up brutal justice and can survive a shit kicking at the same time.. Michael Emerson is quite good as the billionaire nerd brain of the operation..

Unforgetable - a cop story with kinda silly plot line about a female detective with an eidetic (photographic) memory. I usually get past the weakness in the plot by concentrating (sproing) on the lead female character.. Poppy Montgomery.. and she has some interesting character flaws that show some promise for the future..

Poppy-Montgomery-in-Unforgettable-e1319572443604.jpgpoppy_montgomery.jpg

• Like 1

my faves are on hbo ,they seem to show the best stuff of late

bored to death,ted danson is so good in this show

boardwalk empire-everything about this series is great

and curb your enthusiasim-love this guy!!

Current shows:

Dexter

The Walking Dead

Sons Of Anarchy

Flashpoint

Durham County

Spartacus

Robot Chicken

Shows no longer on the air but which I own on dvd and still watch from time to time:

Millenium

Smallville

Deadwood

Rome

Masters Of Horror

The Incredible Hulk

Quantum Leap (which I'm currently making my way through :p )

Rescue Me

Moonlighting

Forever Knight.

Hack

Another great show which I don't own because it got cancelled too early (I hate when stories have no closure) was Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Posted via Mobile Device

a few of my favorites include:

The Sopranos(reruns of course)

Criminal Minds

NCIS

NCIS:LA

Hawaii 50

Blue Bloods

The Good Wife

Big Bang Theory

and of course...HNIC!!!

60s shit:

My favourite Martian

My Mother the Car

The Dick Van Dyke Show

The Outer Limits (original program)

I Love Lucy

The Lucy Show

The Beverly Hillbillies

The Ed Sullivan Show

The Twilight Zone (original program)

The Munsters

The Addams Family

Lost In Space

Bewitched

I Dream Of Jeannie (Damn - Barbara Eden woke me up!)

Fireball XL9

SuperCar

Thunderbirds

Stingray

A few shows I watch currently;

Terra nova - its got the whole Lost feel to it in terms of the show's plot starting from the middle of the story line and might eventually go forward, backward and sideways.

Sons of Anarchy - A great well written drama themed show in to its 4th and best season yet. Season finale is next week tuesday.

Covert Affairs - About a female CIA agent going on missions and whatnot. very much an emsemble type show that started of great getting boring now in the 2nd season.

XFactor (both U.K and U.S versions) - great show of getting to see how good or awkwardly bad maintream pop music is interpreted. For comic/ cringing values really.

Vampire Diaries - Just having my vampire show fix there. really well written show eventhough the acting can be corny at times. on a mid-season/ Christmas break now

Person of Interest - Like the show early on but got boring really fast and kinda hard to see where the show is goin or any continuity in character development.

Nikita - i believe this show is shot in toronto. Good show about federal secret agent gone rogue and revenging to take down the agency.

Boss - new politically themed show this season about the mayor of Chicago developing/ hiding a disease that is deteriorating his health as he continues to manage the affairs of the city. Real great performances by kelsey grammer and connie nielson.

Merlin - really good show from the U.K about the young wizard and a young arthur.

Grimm - New Cop show with a slight sci-fi twist and kinda funny too.

Fringe - one of my favorite shows on tv about a special task force dealing with wierd world (mainly in the U.S really) physical occurrences and alternate reality as well as unexplainable human activities.

Shameless (US version) - about a somewhat disfunctional american family and their adventures in day to day situations with their drunk dad.

Breaking Bad - Simply a brilliant well written and acted show about a chemical high school teacher going to the meth business and gets stuck.

Spartacus - new season starts January with a new lead actor as Spartacus himself

HBO shows like Hung, How to make it in America, True Blood and Game of Thrones.

News shows like real time with Bill maher and the daily show with Jon Stewart

Shows that are over that i liked were Lost, 24, Heroes, Smallville and Entourage.

Shows that have peaked my interest and might check out this christmas break - Californication, Homeland

a few other shows i might have forgotten about to about but these are show i generally watch weekly byt downloading and catching up in the night or on weekends.

If you likes Dexter you'll probably also like 6 ft under. Micheal C Hall stared in it as well. Before Dexter I belive....

OK I had a serious crush on Lila (Dexter season 2)... damaged souls ...well maybe that's not exactly the right word..

Additional Comments:

If you likes Dexter you'll probably also like 6 ft under. Micheal C Hall stared in it as well. Before Dexter I belive....

OK I had a serious crush on Lila (Dexter season 2)... damaged souls ...well maybe that's not exactly the right word..

• Like 1

Additional Comments:

If you liked Lila in Dexter you should definitely check out that same actress in Spartacus: Gods Of The Arena. There's a little girl-girl action with her and Lucy Lawless.....'nuff said ;)

Shows I love (both current and off-the-air)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Angel

I'm Alan Partridge

Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge

Monkey Dust

League of Gentlemen

Father Ted

Misfits

Dexter

The Walking Dead

American Horror Story

Dark Shadows

Community

Being Human (UK version)

Home Movies

Arrested Development

Twin Peaks

True Blood

America's Next Top Model

Top Chef

Breaking Bad

Star Trek (original and TNG)

King of the Hill

Well, first of all thank god for the PVR otherwise I just wouldn't be able to watch much TV. For me:

Law & Order: CI (with Vincent D'Onofrio)

Breaking Bad

The Big Bang Theory

Shark Tank / Dragon's Den

Entourage

The Real Housewives of New Jersey (you gotta have a little crap reality TV once in a while to make you feel superior)

...both current and past ...

Penn and Teller: BULLSHIT

Californication

Deadwood ... too bad they never wrapped up the storyline

Bored To Death

Father Of The Pride ... still can't believe it only lasted one season http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361179/

Breaking Bad

Dexter

Shameless

Sanctuary

Lost Girl

Doctor Who

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ... and, I mean the 1981 short lived TV series http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081874/episodes

Spartacus

Big Bang Theory

House

Game of Thrones

Max Headroom

Family Guy

(maybe I watch too much TV)

I'm slowly emerging from this rock I've been living under. :p

True Blood

Daria

Moral Orel

Secret Diary of a Call Girl!

The Daily Show

The Colbert Report

Game of Thrones

GLee (ashamedly)

Get Smart

Black Butler

Death Note

Will and Grace

Parks and Recreation

The Office (both the US and UK versions)

30 Rock

And lastly, the occasional episode of Jersey Shore, to watch with cocktails (for shaame!)

Current:

Community

Parks and Rec

30 Rock

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The League

Bored to Death

No Reservations

Treme

Breaking Bad

Mad Men

Game of Thrones