Massage Providers or Indy's east end of Ottawa

Guest s**nflute

The only massage provider in Ottawa east (east of St. Laurent Blvd.) is located on Canotek Rd.

I never understood why the Orleans / Convent Glen / Blackburn area has never attracted massage providers on independent massage providers. Would it be a zoning restriction or lack of interest ?:confused0024:

If any indy's out there offer massage services in these aresa, please let us know.

Interesting question, as I am an east-ender myself (though my incall is downtown). I've always had the impression that business is best in the West or downtown. Many east-enders commute downtown daily to go to work, and it seems that is a great time to do their hobbying. I've thought about having a second location at my east-end home, but that is not an option for me at this time.

Conversely, there seem to be more independent SPs in the east end than the west.

I have no idea what conclusions to draw from this :)

Guest s**nflute

TRUE, they are on St. Laurent, looking further east towards Orleans / Cumberland

Additional Comments:

Conversely, there seem to be more independent SPs in the east end than the west.

I am aware of the SP's but the MP's are few an far apart if any.

TRUE, they are on St. Laurent, looking further east towards Orleans / Cumberland

Additional Comments:

I am aware of the SP's but the MP's are few an far apart if any.

I do believe that Angela of Ottawa and some day Nicholette Vaughan work from Chapel Hill. megforfun is also in Orléans.

I do believe that Angela of Ottawa and some day Nicholette Vaughan work from Chapel Hill. megforfun is also in Orléans.

Yes, we do, but he's specifically looking for MAs.

There is an asian Mp parlor at 162 Ogilvie Rd. check the Sun. Also (technically) Body Basics is east of St. Laurent at 2285 St Laurent s.

Guest s**nflute
There is an asian Mp parlor at 162 Ogilvie Rd. check the Sun. Also (technically) Body Basics is east of St. Laurent at 2285 St Laurent s.

Thanks for the info, I know Julia very well on Ogilvie and St. Laurent.

I also know and recommend Ewa on Canotek Rd. ( Sun Ad) who is the farthest to the east end. It would be nice to have someone a MP in the east end in the Orleans area to visit. I hope this puts a bee in the bonnet of MP providers such as CMJ or other Indy's

My location is "east-er" than most, not too far from St.Laurent and closer to where Montreal Rd starts downtown...

Great question, I am guessing whenever I see a thread like this that for every post-er there are a hundred or two other gents who agree that an MP/MA in this location would be ideal... Jude Masso used to be(still is?) in the Beechwood area, slightly east, but not as far as you mentioned, again...

Guest s**nflute

There seems to be a lack of MP in the east of town, what are the circumstances, lack of interest, or not thinking outside the box.

There seems to be a lack of MP in the east of town, what are the circumstances, lack of interest, or not thinking outside the box.

Who knows? It may well be more difficult for a MP to open (since they're inherently more... obvious... than independent operators), but I really can't think of any good reason why there wouldn't be any indies.

Or is there something related to scrutiny by LE or bylaw in the east?

I'd be surprised... given that SPs seem to do fine in Orleans and around, I can't imagine it'd be that hostile an environment for MAs too. And I'm not aware that there's any bylaws in areas smaller than the city as a whole (although I may be entirely wrong about this :)

Guest s**nflute
Or is there something related to scrutiny by LE or bylaw in the east?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

Humm.....democrafics in that part of town are reputable.....I believe bylaws relate to license restrictions as for the LE, who knows what's going down. Lots of room for Indiy's to open shop.

The east end is very well populated now, plenty of business to be had.

There are absolutely no reasons that I could think of as to why there are no MP's operating in the east end of the area, especially Orleans and Cumberland. The same bylaws and LE would apply as this is part of Ottawa since the amalgamation a few years ago.

Perhaps it could be that the area is thought of as a "bedroom" community in the same sense as Kanata, Barrhaven and that you would not drive all the way to Orleans for example to see an MP. That being said maybe MP's feel that being more centrally located is better for business.

That being said, all it would take would be one to start and I am sure more would follow.

Rodehard

Guest s**nflute
Don't know if this helps, but there is a Social Group, Ottawa East Enders.

If there are any MA's in the east end they may want to join

I joined only because there are a couple of ladies who are out Orleans way that I've met, like, and will see again

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=101

RG

You are so kind, I do belong to this group Angela started (god bless)

I have already set my sites on at least one SP I would like to visit.

I don't know what's in the drinking water that keeps the MA's away from Orleans / Cumberland area. Unlike Farhaven, locations are easily accessible.

The Ottawa bylaws regarding MP's are onerous, east or west. You can't open a new place within 1km of a residential area. There aren't many areas like that within the developed part of the city. MPs would have to open up in the boonies past Orleans, past South Bank, past Kanata, etc. As for there being more MPs in west Ottawa than east, I would dispute that. There are a couple, but they all existed prior to the new bylaws, so they got grandfathered in. No new ones can open up on this part of town either. There weren't any in Orleans (east) or Kanata (west) when the new bylaws came into effect, so there will likely never be an MP in either of those parts of the city. I got the feeling that Relax & Enjoy tried to slip in under the radar last year, and they got shutdown eventually, when their business got popular. R&E set up shop right in Westboro, one of those oldest bedroom communities in the city.

I'd say it's more likely you can find independent MA's setting up shop inside the city than MP's.

Guest s**nflute
The Ottawa bylaws regarding MP's are onerous, east or west. You can't open a new place within 1km of a residential area. There aren't many areas like that within the developed part of the city. MPs would have to open up in the boonies past Orleans, past South Bank, past Kanata, etc. As for there being more MPs in west Ottawa than east, I would dispute that. There are a couple, but they all existed prior to the new bylaws, so they got grandfathered in. No new ones can open up on this part of town either. There weren't any in Orleans (east) or Kanata (west) when the new bylaws came into effect, so there will likely never be an MP in either of those parts of the city. I got the feeling that Relax & Enjoy tried to slip in under the radar last year, and they got shutdown eventually, when their business got popular. R&E set up shop right in Westboro, one of those oldest bedroom communities in the city.

I'd say it's more likely you can find independent MA's setting up shop inside the city than MP's.

Thanks Whiteman, that very informative, have you considered opening shop for us Cerb's in the East end....please say "yes" :motion:

Thanks Whiteman, that very informative, have you considered opening shop for us Cerb's in the East end....please say "yes" :motion:

Umm, I'm not sure you guys would want me to give you massages. :icon_mrgreen:

Guest s**nflute
Umm, I'm not sure you guys would want me to give you massages. :icon_mrgreen:

:sm185:

NO silly.....you can open shop and have your own employees

:sm185:

NO silly.....you can open shop and have your own employees

Great idea! I'd like a job as talent evaluator .......

I live in Orleans and I've been involved in all sorts of activities here. I know a lot of people in Orleans and a lot of people know me. I don't want to be seen going in and out of a MP when someone in the business next door may know me. (especially if the place gets busted, somewhere down in time). That may explain why some people from Orleans do not want things 'too close' and prefer the more diluted environment of downtown.

On the flipside, I probably won't go all the way out west (Ex: Paradise Spa) for a MP. I presume people from the west end feel the same about crossing the city all the way to Orleans.

Guest s**nflute
I live in Orleans and I've been involved in all sorts of activities here. I know a lot of people in Orleans and a lot of people know me. I don't want to be seen going in and out of a MP when someone in the business next door may know me. (especially if the place gets busted, somewhere down in time). That may explain why some people from Orleans do not want things 'too close' and prefer the more diluted environment of downtown.

On the flipside, I probably won't go all the way out west (Ex: Paradise Spa) for a MP. I presume people from the west end feel the same about crossing the city all the way to Orleans.

Good point, I can understand where you are comingfrom. So does that mean the people from downtown go to west and vis versa. On the other side of the coin some people from the east who are not as involved as you are, would like to see MP in the Orleans area.

Pfft. It doesn't take that long to drive between Orleans and Kanata, provided you avoid rush-hour and keep an eye on when the Sens are at home (and other big events happening there). Even better the other way, as you don't have to worry about the queues going west. I'm assuming, of course, that you drive - which doesn't apply to everyone. If you're going from Orleans to downtown, then Paradise or thereabouts is another ten minutes each way; perhaps less, if you allow for time spent sitting at red lights.

However, I have the benefit of being downtown frequently, so going from there to pretty much anywhere else in town isn't too onerous..

Guest s**nflute
Pfft. It doesn't take that long to drive between Orleans and Kanata, provided you avoid rush-hour and keep an eye on when the Sens are at home (and other big events happening there). Even better the other way, as you don't have to worry about the queues going west. I'm assuming, of course, that you drive - which doesn't apply to everyone. If you're going from Orleans to downtown, then Paradise or thereabouts is another ten minutes each way; perhaps less, if you allow for time spent sitting at red lights.

However, I have the benefit of being downtown frequently, so going from there to pretty much anywhere else in town isn't too onerous..

Well said, to travel from Orleans to Kanata is like travelling to a different time zone, you needi to set your watch back 1 hour.

The MA or SP must me VERY HIGH on your wish list to perform such a stunt. That's why I (being selfish) would like to see more MA + SP in the East part end. Demographics don't lie.