rebooking fee

Sounds very reasonable to me! Why would she risk giving you an appointment when there are other people who've been more reliable wanting to book with her? If you don't want to pay her rebooking fee, then don't see her.

• Like 1

I would say that the lovely ladies said it right, it would be best to move on. Sorry, almost sounds like you are a chronic canceler which will really have negative effects on your hobbying. Make a commitment and honor it 99.5 % and you will do just fine. Occasionally life does interfere.

It's an old cliche, is it a right or a privilege.

Obviously she made a decision to give you a chance if you were willing to pay the additional cost. You chose not too, so I suggest you accept it and move on. Every lady has the right to say NO.

I've cancelled very rarely (1-2) and provided more than 24 hours notice....and as such I wouldn't be inclined to pay anything. If I cancelled inside 24 hours, then I'd acknowledge a lost revenue opportunity and reimburse accordingly. I'd expect a similiar consideration if the shoe was on the other foot...as it were.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

I never had the pleasure of you trying to contact myself, so in all fairness I don't know if your a serial canceller or not.

However , I never heard of a re-booking fee before but now that I have I don't think it's such a bad idea as long as there is some sort of un-written rules.

I think when the shoe is on the other foot ( which from the looks of some posts on both *erb boards) . When you hear of an SP canceling right at the last minute or not answering her phone or buzzer when you arrive most likely you would not try to contact that girl again.

Now Guys that cancel last minute or will make appts and just simply not show up is one of the downer points of being in this profession and it's just goes with the game. Gentlemen should take into mind most Sp's get all dolled up , looking and smelling good for you guys, getting any toys /costumes etc. together for your requests and lighting candles etc. etc. etc.. So it kind of makes us upset when guys cancel at the last minute.

I mean life happens, Shit happens. Guys may get last minute jitters . There are lots of understandable factors. Just a simple courtesy call /apology would make all the difference.

All in all , I think the cancelation fee is a good idea. It will root out the guys that are just plain playing around from the more sincere guys.

This is an interesting thread. I think SPs and MPs are just like any other independent business woman. As such, they get to make the rules they run their businesses by. If the rules are clear and discussed at the time of booking or available online or communicated by email/ PM (you get the idea), then those are the rules. I may not like them, but as a client, I have a choice.

We, as clients, get to vote with our feet and SPs/MPs get to define their working rules. It's the simple.

My dentist and most of my doctors charge a steep cancellation fee. I am aware of it and when I book an apt, I am agreeing to their terms. If I cancel last minute or am a no-show (it's happened twice), the fee was raised. Once it was ultimately waived (because of the context) but that was unexpected and I did not ask - I just explained the situation and it happened. The other time, I paid, and after the initial human response of being ticked off, realized it was totally appropriate.

These women don't owe us anything - they are running a business. It may often be in their best business interest to be flexible/forgiving, but not always. It's their call.

Ok. That's my two cents.

• Like 5

I am in agreeance with a cancellation re-booking fee and support it 110%. I travel full time and only see a few guests per day, I don't book last minute and I only ask for a deposit when I feel the need too. I understand that life happens and some times you have to cancel, but keep in mind We (COMPANIONS) are running a business and our time is money. When you cancel last minute I'm out the money and still have the same expenses. As it was mentioned your doctor and dentist charge you for cancelling and our business is no different than theirs in regards to time being spoken for and wasted.

It clearly states on my website about cancellation and rebooking fees, they have been on my site for over a year now and no-one has ever questioned them. If you don't agree with a ladies policy you should look else where for company as like our donations the policies are FIRM.

This is suppose to be a fun and enjoyable past time, but due to people taking advantage of kindness and my time, I have had no-choice but to implement such policies.

• Like 9

I believe SP's are entitled to cancellation fees. In principle, I agree with everything that has been said so far. I will however share a recent experience where I believe I was treated unfairly.

An SP, who I had spent a generous amount of time and money with, had agreed on a pre-paid arrangement. Half way through this arrangement, I had booked a 2hr appt., 2 days in adavnce. The morning of the appt. (4hrs before we were suppose to meet), I received a pm indicating a change of service from her. Though I respect her right to do so, it was unexpected. As a result, I cancelled my appt. for that day to reconsider our long term arrangement. Because she had my $, she withheld the full 2hrs. booked.

Understand, I had no intention of cancelling when I woke up that morning. I cancelled because of the pm relating to change of service. The SP did not consult me in what was considered fair, she simply impose her fee on me, taking no responsibility for the situation or it's effect. I have since received the balance of my $, and consider the matter closed.

It should be noted, the SP had no cancellation policy on her website, nor was one discussed relating to the prepaid arrangement. In my wildest dreams, things were going so well when we started this, I never thought one would be necessary. But because she had my $, I felt I was taken advantage of. Lesson learned

Truth be told, had I felt I had been treated fairly, I would have released her from the balance of the financial obligation. I considered her a friend, still do. Clearly, every situation is different.

Fairness is what is agreed upon by two...not what is imposed by one.

Edited by emb3750
  • Like 2

I think she took advantage of you, and certainly isn't anyone I'ld consider a friend. A cancellation fee is like $50, I am fine with that, but taking the entire amount is just wrong. Could you PM me her name? With ethics like that, she is an SP I'ld not want to give my business to.

• Like 1

I will do no such thing...it is a private matter, and will remain so. Also, my choice of friend's is my business.

End of rant!

I think she took advantage of you, and certainly isn't anyone I'ld consider a friend. A cancellation fee is like $50, I am fine with that, but taking the entire amount is just wrong. Could you PM me her name? With ethics like that, she is an SP I'ld not want to give my business to.
  • Like 4

Out of curiosity how do you think she took advantage of the situation? She was upfront with her change in what she chose to offer, someone who wanted to take advantage would have made him show up and then tell him. And for the reccord a cancellation fee can be more than $50, as it is at our discretion.

• Like 1

This is a unique situation because of the prepaid arrangement. There was a level of service being provided before the arrangement began. This level continue through the first half of the arrangement, as I expected it would. A pattern existed.

As I said in the previous post, I respect her right to change her services. But in doing so, she changed the essence of what was originally agreed to, thereby altering the arrangement. As well, I was only given 4 hrs notice of this change. And as I said, in this circumstance, there should have been a sharing for the responsability of the cancellation. I fully intended to go through with the appt. that day, until I received the pm. My cancellation was a reaction to her action.

Though I apologize for this poor example, at this moment nothing else comes to mind. Sp's expect to be paid in cash. If a client told you 4 hrs before the appt. that they didn't have enough cash and would pay you with a combination of cash and Canadian Tire money, I suspect the SP would not agree to this and cancel the appt. It was not the terms of the original agreement.

Where I feel she took advantage, is because she was already in possesion of my cash due the the prepaid arrangement. As well, historically, I had been able to talk to this person about anything and everything, and we had discussions about other financial arrangements that were agreed to be fair for both parties. There was conversation, dialogue. In this situation, I was not given the courtesy of either...just told.

As I said...it was a unique situation.

Out of curiosity how do you think she took advantage of the situation? She was upfront with her change in what she chose to offer, someone who wanted to take advantage would have made him show up and then tell him. And for the reccord a cancellation fee can be more than $50, as it is at our discretion.
Edited by emb3750
  • Like 1

It sounds like there was a very complicated relationship here, and there is much more to this story than any of us can know.

Above all, I hope that this whole event will stay private and be understood as a highly personal matter.

As I have stated before...I consider it a private matter. The SP also asked that I break contact, and I have respected her wishes...though it would be nice to hear from her to know she is doing well. As I said, I still consider her a friend, but am unsure if she feels the same. Time will tell.

It sounds like there was a very complicated relationship here, and there is much more to this story than any of us can know.

Above all, I hope that this whole event will stay private and be understood as a highly personal matter.

If you're respecting the privacy of this matter, why are you posting so publiclly about it?

All I'm saying is that it's very easy for a client to present an issue one way without sharing the full story.

If she asked to refrain from contact, I'm sure she has very valid reason and most SPs can understand that there comes a point when a client is no longer acting appropriately or honouring an agreement.

I hope we can all respect her reasons for needing distance from you. Maybe try to be a bit more self-reflexive and stop placing 100% blame on your SP.

Christmas spirit folks!!... can we now sing....Jingle Bells,perhaps we can dash through this thread ;)

Dashing through the snow

In a one horse open sleigh

O'er the fields we go

Laughing all the way

Bells on bob tails ring

Making spirits bright

What fun it is to laugh and sing

A sleighing song tonight

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Oh, what fun it is to ride

Jingle bells, jingle bells

Jingle all the way

A day or two ago

I thought I'd take a ride

And soon Miss Fanny Bright

Was seated by my side

The horse was lean and lank

Misfortune seemed his lot

We got into a drifted bank

And then we got upsot

Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells

Jingle all the way

Jingle all the way

In a one horse open sleigh yeah

Jingle all the way

Jingle all the way

• Like 1

emb3750 has the right to discuss what he wants to. I will say he is a standup guy for keeping the SP identity unknown.

emb3750 has the right to discuss what he wants to. I will say he is a standup guy for keeping the SP identity unknown.

No argument, he has the right, within the policies of CERB, to discuss what he wants

And I'll give him credit for at least keeping the lady's name unknown

But, if as he posts, it is a private matter, why even post publicly about it.

And the lady (if she is on CERB) will be reading his post, and identity private or not, she may end up inclined to tell her side of the story

RG

Actually, airing dirty laundry is against the rules of CERB.

This thread has served its purpose. At first it was a civil discussion, but now you people are beating up on each other for no reason, and every little reason. Credit to Pete, not for hijacking but for trying to change the nasty direction this thread was taking.

Thread Closed.