An imperfect business model

emb -- I agree fully with your post ... great job! I had similar thoughts as well but you did a great job organizing things.

Just one possible additional point: The ladies/agencies add, among many other things, the advertising revenue to help support this site, as you stated, and who knows if the site would be nearly as full featured if it wasn't for that. I would only add, to either your point 3 or 5, that the clients/hoobyists provide the recommendations that are one of the cornerstones of this site. By no means the only cornerstone as this has evolved into a really interesting online community of sorts, but guys are contributing that voluntarily.

By the way, Amen as well on the civility. We can have dust-ups ... actually those can be kind of fun ... as long as everyone remains civil.

The formula is simple... The more ladies that participate on the board (place ads, contribute, post photos, use chat, etc...) the more men the site will appeal to. The threads and the recommendations are also a HUGE part of the appeal to the site but the ladies having a safe place to come and be part of the community is the entire concept of this site so in order for the site to continue to grow we need the ladies to want to be part of our community. You all help make the site what it is and with your contributions it helps make the site mutually beneficial to everyone.

I believe that a select few gentlemen fail to take into account the VAST majority of the traffic/membership of this board is garnered by the LADIES active participation, visibility and advertising content - ie: Pictures/Ads ect.

There are MANY, MANY websites dedicated solely to the hobbyists' reviews/opinions and those sites (in Ottawa at least) are ghost towns..and are no where near as active as cerb.

I know there are a few personalities who truly believe there voices are more important to the success of cerb than female participation, which is a totally false assumption.

Of the THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of members there are only a very small few who choose to be negative, bossy & controlling. And 99.999% of the traffic to cerb and business to the advertisers is from the "Thousands of others"..

Kim

• Like 2

If it weren't for the ladies here, it'd be a lonely old sausage party......blech. CERB is unique because of the interaction between the genders. Demeaning the females will only serve to diminish this site. However, it does work both ways and the ladies also have to be careful not to take offense when it is not known whether, in fact, offense was intended. The Golden Rule is a good guide.

If it weren't for the ladies here, it'd be a lonely old sausage party......blech. CERB is unique because of the interaction between the genders. Demeaning the females will only serve to diminish this site. However, it does work both ways and the ladies also have to be careful not to take offense when it is not known whether, in fact, offense was intended. The Golden Rule is a good guide.

This is true.

fwiw, far too many of the active female posters on this board are starting to keep quiet, based on the negative reaction towards their comments, concerns and points of view. One would caution the knee jerk reaction of claims that sps are jealous of other sps and that is the reason behind recent discussions and posts. When opinions are attacked, the sps disappear. When their concerns are not considered important, they disappear.

This isn't a complaint just an observation. Seen it happen before, and seen it happen here recently. I think some of the more active sp posters, well, I think we can all 'not see' their reaction.

• Like 1

This is true.

fwiw, far too many of the active female posters on this board are starting to keep quiet, based on the negative reaction towards their comments, concerns and points of view. One would caution the knee jerk reaction of claims that sps are jealous of other sps and that is the reason behind recent discussions and posts. When opinions are attacked, the sps disappear. When their concerns are not considered important, they disappear.

This isn't a complaint just an observation. Seen it happen before, and seen it happen here recently. I think some of the more active sp posters, well, I think we can all 'not see' their reaction.

Perfect answer. Far too many Ladies have disappeared.

Posted via Mobile Device

For what it's worth.

A lot of the other boards, as Kimberly points out are geared for the hobbiests

This is one board where both ladies and gentlemen alike can participate in a for lack of a better word, safe environment.

And the other boards (I tried a couple, didn't like, closed my accounts on them and now stay exclusively with CERB) there is more a us versus them mentality. After reading some of the posts on those sites, well what the ladies have to put up with from some guys, my heart goes out to them

But CERB at least how I see it, isn't, nor should it be, us versus them.

Yes it is a business for the ladies, and a lifestyle for the guys. But we are opposite sides of the same coin. The ladies wouldn't be here if there weren't gentlemen wanting to see them. And the guys wouldn't be here except for the ladies. We need one another. Participation in this lifestyle doesn't require one side to lose for the other to win. Both the lady and gentleman can receive what they want from an encounter, and both ladies and gentlemen win. Put one way, it is a mutually beneficial arrangement. Put another way, the ladies scratch our backs, and we scratch the ladies backs

Some ramblings posted for whatever contribution they are worth to this thread

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
punctuation

Guest B*nzm*****r

Being new to CERB (but not to the hobby) I do not know what gave rise to this thread which is very well articulated. People nowadays at many levels seem to lack good manners and this is even further magnified by the fact people's social skills have deteriorated significantly as they type on keyboards before thinking without any consideration to whom it may be directed. Being older than most here I would never write or post anything here or elsewhere that I would not say to them in person. Boards tend to be very anonomous unless you have actually met obviously. No doubt over the years CERB members be they SPs, MAs, business owners and hobbyists with any degree of intelligence and conisideration remain cordial and civil under the penalty of being moderated and/or sanctioned accordingly. I can only speak for myself in that I do not engage in firefights. I treat the ladies I have met over the years with warmth, respect and courtesy. The ladies I have met have for the most part been reciprocal. As I write, it is as though we were face to face in the same room. That's just me and I'm nobody special so I fail to see why others cannot do likewise.