restricted callers

This isn't much of a rant . I just wanted to put it out there . I wanted to for awhile but didn't.

Mabye it's just me , but do some of you find the restricted caller thing annoying? Don't get me wrong , I do understand that you guys like your privacy just as much as us sp's do. I respect that.

I don't mind answering certain questions such as services, rates and appearance . When a guy wants to know my Incall location I ask him to call me or txt me with a number showing only for safety reasons. Most guys are very respectfull of that request and do so. I just don't like when a guy is rude and hangs up on you , or asks vulgar questions , like you can tell when someone is making a serious inquiry or just playing around.

I don't mind if guys call me restricted but at least be respectfull and understandable.

Edited by nelle
  • Like 1

I'm getting more restricted caller's lately then I ever have in year's. My voicemail says I won't answer blocked call's, but they keep on calling. I find that even answering a blocked call and asking them politely to to call back from an unblocked # they never do is more then likely a WOT. I could have given out much deservered info to a caller that didn't block their # then spending time with a blocked # that has no intentions on booking anyhow. I remember one time accidently answering a blocked call and it was someone asking question's, I answering their question's then they say thanks I've just cum and hung up on me. I go back into call log to notice it was a resticted. I'm very careful now when grabbing my phone out of my pocket or purse to check that there is a # and not blocked. I respect a gentleman's privacy and hope the same from them. But when it comes to blocked I just don't take them seriously and almost feel like such a fool for answering it. Some men even women like to play game's.

I also answer blocked calls and my number one pet peeve is they guys who go straight into asking questions without giving me a name or handle. How am I supposed to remember your voice?

Posted via Mobile Device

Another thing I didn't metion was sometimes if I'm with family or friends , I can't really discuss things of an SP nature on the phone so it helps too when they give a number or don't phone blocked because I can txt them everthing they need to know.

I personally don't think you ladies should be answering blocked calls at all. If a guy doesn't trust you enough to at least let you see what number they are calling from, then why the heck would you trust him enough to let him know where you live/do incalls or allow him entry to your incall location. This is basically an issue that goes both ways.

All you should say is sorry but I don't speak with people calling from blocked #'s. The guys who are legit will get back to you and the losers playing games won't be able to. Even if you miss the occasional legitimate appt. it isn't worth the other 99 times you have to put up with the guys calling you up so they can jerk off.

I'm not 100% certain but I'm certain someone told me once, you can either set your phone or buy a service from the phone company where blocked/unknown numbers won't even ring on your phone. They quickley go to a message that says this phone will not allow blocked or unknown numbers.

Sure for us pooners it can be a pain sometimes. I used to work in a building that has steel reinforced concrete walls. There was no way I could get a cellphone signal in or out of there. Thus my only option was a land line that I couldn't use to call an SP so I was often SOL.

• Like 3

I think some might not know their number is blocked, so if you are trying to reach a lady and she never answers, check to see if your number comes up blocked. To unblock you press *82

Or, if you NEED to block your number (say for initial inquiry, maybe from work phone) leave a message explaining so and that you will be calling again right away from a blocked number (keeping in mind that at some point, the lady will want you to phone from an unblocked number.)

• Like 1

I really don't understand the blocked/unblocked number thing in this day and age and there may be a false sense of security about being able to see and identify the phone number with the ease of getting a pay for use phone. I got one, did not use my real name to get it and pay cash to top it up.......completely untraceable and anonymous.

I would never use my regular cell phone to contact the ladies, remember what happened to Tiger Woods :)

• Like 1

I really don't understand the blocked/unblocked number thing in this day and age and there may be a false sense of security about being able to see and identify the phone number with the ease of getting a pay for use phone. I got one, did not use my real name to get it and pay cash to top it up.......completely untraceable and anonymous.

I would never use my regular cell phone to contact the ladies, remember what happened to Tiger Woods :)

I understand what you mean, and while a client can get an anonymous cell phone/identity etc really what the "no blocked number" (in my perspective), is the willingness to comply to the requested protocol of the lady. If a client is unwilling to follow the most basic rule, I feel that indicates that they are less likely to follow other rules that are outlined in the session.

If somebody is reluctant to follow the most basic protocol, how are we to trust they will follow any others? It works both ways as well, if a lady you are contacting pays no attention to the discretionary rules/protocol you ask for etc, how are you to trust her further?

A little consideration goes a long way, both ways.

Just my two cents....

• Like 4

I understand what you mean, and while a client can get an anonymous cell phone/identity etc really what the "no blocked number" (in my perspective), is the willingness to comply to the requested protocol of the lady. If a client is unwilling to follow the most basic rule, I feel that indicates that they are less likely to follow other rules that are outlined in the session.

If somebody is reluctant to follow the most basic protocol, how are we to trust they will follow any others? It works both ways as well, if a lady you are contacting pays no attention to the discretionary rules/protocol you ask for etc, how are you to trust her further?

Just my two cents....

:bigclap: well said zoe zoe

I agree with Zoe. It is basic common knowledge to not call from a blocked number, especially when it's in bold cap's in the SP's ad. That along with text message's that are usually a hey, or hi. How about a "Hi _____ I saw your ad and would be interested in " " at such and such time". The one's that are so vague wind up being about a good half hour of texting back and forth, when a phone call is going to be required to confirm an appt eventually anyhow. Why not just send one initial one, check availability and then call with your question's? It's amazing how much faster a call can take and you could be on your way to that appointment within the hour. I remember before everyone learned to text how much easier and convenient it used to be with a simple 2 to 3 minute phone call.

Sure there are pay as you go phone's, it can be looked at as a false sense of security. But usually when someone spends money on a phone, spends more money to put minute's on it, they aren't usually a WOT.

What is the point of calling from a restricted #? If I accidently answer it or get frustrated from it ringing every ten minute's, and finally answer it to politely ask them to call from an unblocked # some might but most don't. Which boggle's my mind. Did someone just want to hear the sound of your voice, or perhaps try to get away with something that has been clearly asked not to do? Zoe said it best if they can't follow a simple protocol, what boundaries might they over step if you book with this person.

I like having a number incase life happens. I can call them back to move up or move back the appointment or cancel if it is necessary.Doesn't happen often, but has happened. I don't call and wait for them to answer incase they are in a situation that could get them in hot water. I call let it ring once they see the # and usually call back within 5 minute's.

• Like 1

For some reason , my landline occassioly shows up as a blocked number for some ppl....and I have no clue why!? So this can be frustraing for me at times....as sometimes I need to be discrete as well....I have no issue with calling from my cell phone , but occassionaly I can't when in my office. And I dont have a issue with giving out my number to a sp for her to return my call...just frustrating if they dont pick up, and don't have a answering machine for me to leave my number. Basically I'm saying , its ok for a girl not to answer a blocked number , or if they do answer , to ask for a number where they can be reached , and then they call you right back at the number you gave them

Edited by farmboy

Just my two cents....

Of course Zoe that is all understood, I was just making a point about the "safety" factor that's all, or the non-safety factor.

(btw, for those of you who may not be aware, Zoe gives a fantastic massage.....I think I may need one to de-stress myself after the holidays!)

As a rule I call from my cell,never block my number.leave a message and they call me back.

I miss some because i think the SP calls from a blocked # and I never answer those calls,even when its not a SP related thing.

I completly understand not answering a blocked #,I find it sketchy,WHy block your number,you have something to hide?

My two cents....

If I call someone back, it will be with a blocked #, so they don't end up with a record of my number calling them. Hopefully all sps will do this, to protect your privacy, so I'd say that if you left a message and could reasonably expect a call back within an hour or so, just answer it.

I'll be on the other side here, because I do answer block #s. Alot of time, you didn't have call disply. You get accustomed to 'hearing' the voice, and tone, etc, to be able to verify sincerity, but also to not give out too much info regarding address, etc. I started at a time when people didn't have celphones, would call from home or work for info, and you did the 2nd call from a nearby payphone. 90% of all the payphones I used to direct people to are now gone lol. When celphones started being used, most of the time with call display you knew it was a cel because it showed up block.

Then finally #s would show up, and now when people call from some businesses and major hotels, the # is blocked, so it has gone around to another way lol. In any case, if you have experience with phone calls, and limiting information given out to block #s, etc, (for me they will have to call 3-4 times to get the complete address, their choice to block their number, my choice to restrict access to info until I know they are only 5 minutes from my door to reduce time wasted by a time waster.

A LOT of my good long time regulars called first from a block #, and still do. Even if I mention when they call that I would know who they are as soon if I saw their number, they are still not motivated to unblock when calling me lol. If I get a nuisance caller whether the # shows or not, I use *60 to block them from calling me again. they get directed to a message saying I am not answering them specifically.

I agree with the comment above. If you never ever plan to answer block #s, why not just set up the No Block # feature on your phone? The phone won't ring, they will be informed they are calling from a block # and given the option to call back unblocked, or press one to have the call go thru revealing their # to you. I think that would eliminate the waste of time, and the ones who simply do not know their # is blocked.

Well I personally use a cell phone, and I assume the number shows up.

I thought one of the reasons for a unblocked number was so the lady, if she needed to, had a number to call you back

Me, I'm pretty much an open book with the ladies, even before we meet. I'll give them my cell number (and cell phone provider for added verification if needed)

You want the lady without meeting you to trust you,... trust you enough to be alone with you intimately, but you call from a blocked number to protect your privacy. Cell phone doesn't even link your name to the phone, but it does provide the lady with a number to call, at minimum

Under a $100.00, you can get yourself a cheap throwaway cell phone and blocked number not an issue. Even if only used once, consider it part of the cost for partaking in this lifestyle

RG

I agree calling from a blocked number is just rude ans time wasting! On the other hand technology can fail you to, those throw away cell phones may be convenient but if your not calling from your local area they can show as "unknown caller" I had a lot of problems with an MTS throw away in Vancouver but once I switched to Virgin it wasn't so bad.

Even with my iPhone if I call from the boonies the number doesn't always show up but then cell phones were invented to drive us crazy anyway!

For some reason , my landline occassioly shows up as a blocked number for some ppl....and I have no clue why!?

Its funny you mention this because all of the sudden in the past week I've had 2 people, not SP's, tell me my number comes up "blocked/unknown". I've been using the same phone and # for 5 years now so why all of the sudden. Perhaps it has something to do with their service providers?

• Like 1

Its funny you mention this because all of the sudden in the past week I've had 2 people, not SP's, tell me my number comes up "blocked/unknown". I've been using the same phone and # for 5 years now so why all of the sudden. Perhaps it has something to do with their service providers?

For the second time this week, I have nominated a post when attempting to quote it! I have had this issue at times and it is indeed the service providers issue. Damn service providers!

cat

Often times, an out of town phone will appear on your call display as unknown. I had this difficulty many times while travelling, especially in the U.S. and ladies wouldn't answer the call. More often than not, their voicemail is also full, so I couldn't leave a message explaining my perdicament.