Has this happened to you?

After months of being on this site I finally decided yesterday to call up an SP. I researched the hell out of it and found an SP who I thought would be perfect. Emailed the SP asking for a 7:30 time, SP asked to make it 8. I agreed even though I knew I had plans at 9 so I didn't have much time.

Called the sp at 8... no answer. Called 2 more times + called the secondary phone that was listed. NO ANSWER. I know (from being on this board and reading a ton of posts) that SP's hate when clients don't show up for their appointments, but to be on the recieving end of that I must admit I was put off. Very frustrating.

:x

This happened to me - the lady in question had an accident and had to go to the doctor. But - she called me the next day to apologize for standing me up. As much as I was upset that I couldn't reach her for our date I was appreciative of the fact that she called me to apologize and let me know she was ok.

Because of that call I re-booked with her and had a wonderful time (this was before I joined this board).

Like you, three times I have made dates with three different individuals who confirmed appointments and advised me to call at xxx time to get the room number/ring number/apartment number etc. only to have me drive around the city and then they not answer their phone.

To make matters worse, they have never followed up, to either let me know something came up they had to deal with and canceled our date or whatever. Once bitten, twice shy.

In this case I simply execute plan B and get on with life. There are many opportunities for me to discover -so on with life.

Yes - stuff does come up - yes, shit happens, yes - I understand all that, but common courtesy works both ways. Sorry if this seems like a rant - it isn't meant to be -this is reality.

This is likely the wrong spot for this thread so I will ask mod to kindly move it - so don't get on my case for replying to a thread in the wrong section.

Edited by Seymour
add disclaimer

Hey don't be so hard on yourself you tried to call if there was no answer at least you made an effort. So much can happen in a day or even in a couple of hours try again and if she decides to not see you for whatever reason move on to another don't give up that easy sweetie! All the best to you and your search. :)

Guest Ou**or**n

Stuff happens and there could be many reasons. Put the frustration into perspective (starving children in Africa and that sort of thing). It's happened to me twice and both times I got back in touch and rescheduled and had great experiences. If the provider is well reviewed there is more likely a good explanation. For unknowns on CL, well when you go mining for gems you will sometime come up dry.

Hey don't be so hard on yourself you tried to call if there was no answer at least you made an effort. So much can happen in a day or even in a couple of hours try again and if she decides to not see you for whatever reason move on to another don't give up that easy sweetie! All the best to you and your search. :)

I think you misunderstood. He was calling her at 8 to start the appointment, not to cancel.

I think this is the wrong forum for this discussion, but I think in the other forum it was brought up a couple of times. One SP said that if she has an appointment with a newbie and a regular calls for the same time spot, she would give the spot to the regular and leave the new client out in the cold because so many new clients just don't show up. With a regular you have a 90% success rate of hooking up, with a new client it is 50/50.

I think you misunderstood. He was calling her at 8 to start the appointment, not to cancel.

I think this is the wrong forum for this discussion, but I think in the other forum it was brought up a couple of times. One SP said that if she has an appointment with a newbie and a regular calls for the same time spot, she would give the spot to the regular and leave the new client out in the cold because so many new clients just don't show up. With a regular you have a 90% success rate of hooking up, with a new client it is 50/50.

WEAK... that's all I can say to that. Honestly I agree with Seymour, its common courtesy. A phone or a hey this happened even in a email is more then appreciated and will most likely make the "newbie" say shit happens and I can understand. Its a piss off to go drive somewhere out of the way just to make a call. When I got home I even emailed the SP asking what happened and no response. This is from someone on this board that WELL REVIEWED. I apologize for ranting, but its a two way street and courtesy goes a long way.

Guest i***k***

Definitely frustrating but I'd give her the chance to get back to you, maybe something happened and she was unable to communicate with you right away.

I don't think that's fair to the newbies who are genuine. That said, I suppose the girl does have to cover herself in case it repeatedly happens that her new dates keep cancelling. I guess you have to play the odds, and sometimes the wrong person loses.

In retrospect my response I don't think made much sense.

After months of being on this site I finally decided yesterday to call up an SP. I researched the hell out of it and found an SP who I thought would be perfect. Emailed the SP asking for a 7:30 time, SP asked to make it 8. I agreed even though I knew I had plans at 9 so I didn't have much time.

Called the sp at 8... no answer. Called 2 more times + called the secondary phone that was listed. NO ANSWER. I know (from being on this board and reading a ton of posts) that SP's hate when clients don't show up for their appointments, but to be on the recieving end of that I must admit I was put off. Very frustrating.

:x

Happened to me many times. I simply move to plan B and on one occasion I had to implement plan C...

I have been cancelled upon more than I have cancelled. Each time I received an apologetic message/text in advance. I don't recall ever being stood up so I think I am luckier than most.

True very true and try getting a trade these days!! Want a plumber or electrician or painter etc... good ones are impossible to find, many make vailed promises and don't follow through.

I find that my record with service providers better than the phone or cable company - and they generally are cuter.

Yeah, sucks when it happens, but just seems to be the nature of the beast. As others have noted, if you are 'known' to the SP, much less likely to happen. I have found that asking for a time tomorrow, or later today is much more unreliable than 'let's do it now'. Any SPs want to comment on the seeming lack of interest in 'next day' bookings? Is it just the fail rate, or is that planning too far ahead?

I cancel if something comes up ( son sick, I am under the weather..ect..) I WOULD never cancel on a newbie to allow a regular to come by instead..Thats just rude in my book.

I enjoy meeting new gentlemen, I like to keep it new and exciting...

Stuff happens to us all, we need to be understanding both ways...

Not everyone has the smarts, maturity, decency and business acumen as you do Paige - there are those out there who could learn a thing or two from you.

Guest i***k***
I cancel if something comes up ( son sick, I am under the weather..ect..) I WOULD never cancel on a newbie to allow a regular to come by instead..Thats just rude in my book.

This is good to hear from a "NEWBIE" standpoint! :)

I have been cancelled on a few times over the years, but have never been stoodup. I have at least recieved a phone call well in advance or an e-mail. Then I just go to plan B, such is life.

Well clearly that's where I f'ed up Paige I contacted someone other then you :oops:

By the way when are you moving to Kanata, that'd be nice and close for me!!

I have been cancelled upon more than I have cancelled. Each time I received an apologetic message/text in advance. I don't recall ever being stood up so I think I am luckier than most.

Given the quality of experience you offer a provider I can't imagine one cancelling! Starting out way back when, I had a very wise woman who ran our office named Teressa. (Just a plug incase she's out there reading this!) and she always made us girls adhere to the appointments as they were booked, never bail for what we thought was better or more sure option. The client can, but we had to stick to what was already arranged and I learned. It has served me well my entire career. That said, life happens...

Catherine

Given the quality of experience you offer a provider I can't imagine one cancelling! Starting out way back when, I had a very wise woman who ran our office named Teressa. (Just a plug incase she's out there reading this!) and she always made us girls adhere to the appointments as they were booked, never bail for what we thought was better or more sure option. The client can, but we had to stick to what was already arranged and I learned. It has served me well my entire career. That said, life happens...

Catherine

As you know durning my last trip to ottawa i had a lot of people cancel on me but i went anyway because i had others booked. i didn't want to let anyone down. That being said it turned out to be a better trip then i expected...i had gentlemen quickly lining up to fill the empty stops and i had the most wonderful time. People that didn't have a chance to meet me then had the chance...i have new friends now and its so great. I love cerb...

All this being said i would never cancel an appointment unless there was an emergency ..

kisses,

Emma A

Guest i***k***

I was left "standing at the altar" last night so to speak. It wasn't the loss of cash on a nice hotel room that bothered me but not being contacted and sitting there for 4 hours... Obviously I'm giving the lady in question the benefit of doubt until I hear otherwise. This just solidifies to me the need to extend my current relationships with the wonderful ladies I've already met.

Frustrated in Ottawa,

Inaluki

P.S. Next time I guess I'll have to bring a fleshlight!

Posted via Mobile Device

I was left "standing at the altar" last night so to speak. It wasn't the loss of cash on a nice hotel room that bothered me but not being contacted and sitting there for 4 hours... Obviously I'm giving the lady in question the benefit of doubt until I hear otherwise. This just solidifies to me the need to extend my current relationships with the wonderful ladies I've already met.

Frustrated in Ottawa,

Inaluki

posted via Mobile Device

Ouch! Did you at least take a bubble bath and order room service and have a romantic eve with just you? She doesn't know what a piece of man candy she missed! Maybe you should apply with the new Elite Consort agency, then you could have run incalls out of it and it wouldn't have been such a waste!

Catherine

Guest i***k***
Ouch! Did you at least take a bubble bath and order room service and have a romantic eve with just you? She doesn't know what a piece of man candy she missed! Maybe you should apply with the new Elite Consort agency, then you could have run incalls out of it and it wouldn't have been such a waste!

Catherine

Haha! You're the best Cat!

Posted via Mobile Device

Now that sucks! You should have taken Cat's advice, maybe done some incalls yourself...I think it has happend to each and every one of us.

Frustrated in Ottawa,

Inaluki

Posted via Mobile Device