what people collect

Guest bngfrank11

I collect old style bottle openers.

They also come in useful sometimes:icon_biggrin:

I still have some old sports cards, from the late 60s, early 70s, but just handing on to them, don't really collect any more.

Gabrielle - hoarders, actually for me, it makes me feel better, since I don't keep too much junk, but sometimes feel that I should get rid of some things, but once I see that, I realize, things are pretty tame from that perspective...

Lots of fishing tackle...rods, reels, lures, line, etc etc etc

RG

Well just so you arent classed as a hoarder RG .... My suggestion is ...... give the tackle to Cat.... rod to Old Dog...reels to OD....lures to OD...line to OD etc..etc..etc...(Ottawa is a big city ;) )

Remove the bikini top and bottom and keep those cause that isnt hoarding.....and quite simply Keep The Girl !!!!! :)

Hip waders your call RG ....

flyfishingblonde.jpg

• Like 2

Reading this thread makes a song pop into my head......

Look at this stuff! isnt it neat? wouldnt you think my collection's complete? haha!

3763387531_f96b913ed4.jpg

• Like 1

I'm a little obsessive when it comes to collecting. If I like something I simply MUST have everything of that particular thing...For example:

Movies - I own all the Batman movies (yes, even the Schumacher ones), I own all the Crow movies (Yes, even the last one with Edward Furlong, Tara Reid and the dude who played Angel), I own all the Friday the 13th movies (even Jason goes to Hell), etc, etc

CD's - If I like a particular artist I HAVE to have everything that artist did. Even the shitty stuff from the 80's.

Comic Books - If I dig a particular character I have to get my hands on every single issue featuring that character that I possibly can.

Novels - If I like a particular author I have to read everything that author has ever done. Even if I know that some of it is less than stellar

• Like 1

When I first started reading this thread I was thinking I wasn't really a collector. By the time I reached the last post that silly little delusion was shattered!

Books - I'm pretty sure my bookshelf will collapse under the weight of all my books any day now.

Records - I LOVE the resurgence of vinyl! Winnipeg has some great record stores that make collecting a little too easy

Concert posters - Started nabbing flyers for local shows when I was in high school and kept doing it. I probably have enough to wallpaper my whole apartment.

Beer Glasses - I love it when you get a free glass with a box of beer! As my cupboards will surely attest

Star Wars stuff - I don't even actively seek most of it out, people just keep giving them to me which rules! Highlights include the original run of the Star Wars comics (whats up with Vader being an off colored green on the cover of the 1st issue??), A few belt buckles, and some classic metal lunch boxes.

Wow, I'm lame! ;)

I collect unique things that I love. Not necessarily all the same things but things that reach out to me in some way. Having started over from nothing so many times I don't develop a strong attachment to them but I like to surround myself with things that make me go WOW. I know eventually I will rehome it either as a gift or sell it to someone but for the time the piece resides with me it is honored, appreciated and enjoyed. Like Gabriella, sometimes it's an episode of Hoarders that will cause a purge but most of the time it's because I simply run out of space to display things.

As I am writing this I looked in the mirror and saw a reflection of shoes, boots and accessories. That's what I collect! I have a china cabinet to display the truly exceptional ones, a closet for the daily wears and storage for the heirloom pieces that my daughters and granddaughters may want one day. Even those need a purge now and then...

cat

• Like 1

I've been collecting old black and white sport photo's for over 10 yrs my collection now has over 130 photo's that range from photo's taken of Cassius Clay on his first ever weigh in to The Montreal Maroons even got a 1925 Rough Rider photo.

Just made a little deal to get some New Wave LPs on vinyl..... ahhhh, the 80s!