Does Anyone Else Find G-mail Confusing?

I've recently switched to g-mail, but I'm a bit annoyed with the fact that they do not separate e-mails, so that numerous messages are lumped into one "conversation". I don't care for it at all.

I actually prefer it over hotmail for example. With gmail I can see the trail of correspondence between myself and the other party. It makes it much easier to keep track of what was discussed especially when it comes to keeping track of enquiries and appointment bookings.

I also get a lot less spam with gmail.

• Like 3

Guest W***ledi*Time
I've recently switched to g-mail, but I'm a bit annoyed with the fact that they do not separate e-mails, so that numerous messages are lumped into one "conversation". I don't care for it at all.

doc, try:

settings/settings/general/conversation view OFF

Why would you want to turn the conversation view off?!?!?

It is easily Gmail's best feature, I wish Outlook could approximate it (they tried and failed imo).

Why would you want to turn the conversation view off?!?!?

It's just that I'm used to Yahoo's set up of individual e-mails. I've found it difficult to retrieve certain e-mails with Google as they are all lumped together, so to speak.

Additional Comments:

doc, try:

settings/settings/general/conversation view OFF

Thanks, WIT... it worked!

It's just that I'm used to Yahoo's set up of individual e-mails. I've found it difficult to retrieve certain e-mails with Google as they are all lumped together, so to speak.

Well, I won't criticize you for it, but if you give it a shot you may find that it's much more organized.

As a general rule without a multi email conversation you could have a hard time finding a specific message, but with the conversation view off you may have to scroll through a bunch of different messages.

Well I've professed my G love for today, best of Internet luck to you! ;)

Well, I won't criticize you for it, but if you give it a shot you may find that it's much more organized.

As a general rule without a multi email conversation you could have a hard time finding a specific message, but with the conversation view off you may have to scroll through a bunch of different messages.

Well I've professed my G love for today, best of Internet luck to you! ;)

I have the conversation view switched off now, as per WIT's suggestion. It's all good...

Conversations being lumped together or not is really just a matter of personal preference and what you're used to. Changing what you're used to always sucks :)

I quite like gmail, as it hasn't locked me out of my account yet (as opposed to hotmail, which did on a regular basis, so I dumped it). However, I don't use it for my real-life email, as there's limits to how much I want Google to know about me. Call me paranoid if you like...

• Like 2