Please help .. Looking for a cheap but nice hotel or motel room that accepts cash

Hi does anyone know of any nice Motels or Hotels in Ottawa that accepts cash , and doesn't ask for a credit card ? And no more than a $100 deposit :) and I would need it for the entire day/night ?

you could look at getting pre-paid credit card. i think visa and mc offer them

Thnx but not looking for a credit card either just looking to pay for the room and the deposit lol but thank you very much :D

The idea with a pre-paid credit card is to just book the room with. However someone mentioned Ottawa hotels no longer accept them for bookings. Anyone can confirm this ?

The idea with a pre-paid credit card is to just book the room with. However someone mentioned Ottawa hotels no longer accept them for bookings. Anyone can confirm this ?

Most hotels in Ottawa are not accepting pre-paid credit cards. Unless it is a hotel that will take cash anyways.

If you were to go with say a capital One card, it had the raised lettering and it can be pre-paid or not so hotels can't tell either way.

Are you talking pre paid credit card or secured credit card

A secured credit card is a bona fide credit card, the credit limit on the card is equal to a deposit you give to the financial institution/card company. If you want a $500.00 limit, you provide a $500.00 deposit, which the financial institution usually puts in a certificate of deposit.

Talk to your bank, they could help you out

And while I don't know of any specific hotels to recommend, most hotels I've found accept cash payment, and just require a refundable deposit, both paid on check in. A credit card is used only for making the reservation. I only know about paying cash for hotels because nothing in this lifestyle is paid on credit, all with disposable income I have...if I don't have the money, I don't have a weekend escape

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

how come you wrote delete delete lol ?
Once you've posted something, you can't delete the post. However, you can - if you get to it within the time limit - edit it to remove the content. I'd imagine that's what happened here.
  • Like 1

re: cash for hotel rooms, you would be paying a full night charge plus extra, afaik, as they wouldn't take a partial payment as a deposit. I am not sure if 100 will cover what they would ask up front, but there is a very good chance that the majority of hotels will accept a cash payment for the room.

It will help that you are really careful about your presentation at the front desk, and look like a student or here for a workshop or some such thing. Maybe tell them your place is being painted and you need to study and have a place to stay without paint fumes and painters in and out.

• Like 1

Guest ****ven

I think that unfortunately, anything that you would consider to be actually "nice" will require a credit card, or definitely a larger deposit.

There are some motels which would suit your financial needs, however I wouldn't want to stay in them as they are ewwwwww and I hate the smell of stale cigarettes.

Good Luck!

Guest S*rca****sid

I use to work in the hotel industry at a 4 star hotel. Guest could pay upfront with a cash deposit if they didn't have a credit card. The deposit was $200 per night. The only reason for hotels asking for a credit card is to ensure they are paid for the stay and any incidentals that may be accrued. The old saying never grows old... Cash is King.