Shafia's Found Guilty

This family got the outcome that they deserved. To kill your children and 1st wife like they were nothing is so wrong. The fact that they are still claiming there innocence makes me sick.

Guest Ou**or**n

Yes, it makes me sad the consecutive ineligibility for parole law changes won't apply to them. I only hope that when their parole hearing comes up 25 years from now that any of them that are still surviving are kept in jail until they die.

Their continued pleas of innocence are sickening but consistent with their defense strategy and probably part of their overall plans for inevitable appeal. They have a lot of money and have spent a fortune defending themselves. The won't give up until all their avenues for appeal are exhausted which will take a while.

Fortunately the evidence is so overwhelming it took the jury only 15 hours to reach verdicts on all 3 which shows that none of them had any doubts. The police did a good job bring the evidence together and the crown did a good job trying the case. It was a good day for justice in Canada. My incredible sadness for this tragedy is at least now slightly consoled by the knowledge that those responsible have been found guilty and will be in jail for a long, long time.

I wasn't at the trial, and so I only know from news reports, but their defense was downright laughable. I'm so relieved they were convicted and sentenced harshly.

Speaking as an immigrant myself, I am astounded that people would choose to emigrate to a country and then wouldn't want their children to adopt the values of that country or assimilate. Why didn't they move to a country where women and girls are brutally oppressed? They obviously felt there were advantages to coming to Canada, but it's too bad they thought they could enjoy the benefits without any responsibility back to Canada, without having to embrace and live by our values.

Guest s******ecan****
it's too bad they thought they could enjoy the benefits without any responsibility back to Canada, without having to embrace and live by our values.

the scary thing is the knowledge that there are more than a few countries where they could have done this without fear of even being charged with a crime....

Speaking as an immigrant myself, I am astounded that people would choose to emigrate to a country and then wouldn't want their children to adopt the values of that country or assimilate.

+1 on that. By all means move yourself and your family where the prospects are better than the country in which you were born. But why on earth would you then want to import the barbaric attitudes that screwed up your native country in the first place?

This family got the outcome that they deserved. To kill your children and 1st wife like they were nothing is so wrong. The fact that they are still claiming there innocence makes me sick.

Agreed!! killing is killing. no other way to put it. there is no honour in killing!

Let the pieces of human trash rot in jail! I know first hand of "honour" killings in the UK, Iraq and Afganistan. Every single one of them should suffer for their sick crimes!!!! Murder your wife and daughters based on family honour from archaic religious teachings...I better stop before the council has to give me the boot!!!!

Just makes me sick, it was nothing less than a mass murder of four women

This "family" (a term which seems sick in this case) came to the west (Canada), but punishes by death those family members who adopted the lifestyle of the country their "family" chose to come to

My guess, and it's slim comfort, but the father and mother will die behind bars, and the son, well lets hope the Parole Board never lets him out

RG

Do you think they will appeal?

I believe the mother already has filed a notice to appeal and the father and son will be filing notice to appeal as well

Filing a notice to appeal doesn't mean they will in fact get an appeal. And even if granted an appeal, they may lose the appeal in court, or get a new trial ordered, which they could end up losing.

RG