Putting your face on

I asked this question over the in sp section. I always feel ready to face the world when I'm properly and tastefully made up and dressed in a feminine manner. After a recent surgery, I felt pretty blah until I put my makeup and a smile on. It changed my whole outlook that day. 'Putting your face on' is such an old fashioned term for women. But it's one of those things that still feels great. Not every woman needs makeup or should feel the need to wear it. As one girl pointed it out, it's not necessarily an anti-feminist thing to do in our feminist age. Yet I cling to the routine of putting my face one.

Someone else pointed out quite rightly that it's not just a female tendency. What do guys do? Of course, you're all entitled to wear make up too ;) What is the grooming/self-decoration routine that gets you ready to face the day, face your job, face everything? There's so much power in feeling you look great. How do you get yourself there? What do you absolutely have to do before you leave the house?

xoxoxo Amelia

I am most decidedly not a morning person, so I try to keep my morning routine to a minimum. I suspect for most men, it is shaving, but I have a full beard, so that only requires irregular maintenance. I also keep a pretty unfinnicky hair style so that it can usually be tamed with fingers alone, but it do let it get a bit shaggy, so some days are more composed than others

I tend to dress fairly well, so even if my hair is a little unkempt, I at least look like I put some effort in. Plus, unkempt and scattered matches my personality fairly well.

Personally, I feel powerful in a great pair of shoes. There's something about the way that walking in a pair of leather soled men's shoes sounds that exudes power. So when the snow/salt isn't too much of a concern, I pull out my Cognac coloured cap toe oxfords and strut down the sidewalks and halls in style.

• Like 3

I am not much of a morning person, but due to my job I have to be! I am a creature of habit in the morning. I always shave before I shower, cuts back on razor burn! I always make sure what's left of my hair is shaved, everything is trim and looking perfect. Put on a nice dress shirt and dress pants. What makes me feel good is wearing a really nice tie! I am obsessed with ties, and can't seem to own enough of them!!! I think nothing beats a good looking tie. Shoes are always shinned and cool socks. I hate boring socks, I have purple, red, yellow, orange socks...good way to express yourself!

• Like 1

I like a man who looks after his appearance. But not so much so that he takes longer to "put their face on" than me, lol.

I like a clean shaved face, perhaps urban goat-t or a chin strap. I like manicured eyebrows too. I cant stand nose hair or ear hair to make an appearance, lol...

I will never date a man who doesnt dress well. Sounds superficial of me perhaps, but I know what I like!

NOTHING turns me on more than shaply shoulder's, chest and back!!

WEAR a nice scent!! I am ruled by my nose....hahahaha.

Well I to feel better if I am "made up" as my dad used to call it,I have a background in esthetics so after taking that course and working in that business,putting on make up became part of my routine.I can do it in mins,with my eyes closed, but almost feel like its my armor now,I feel if I am tastefully groomed I will be prepared for anything.Lets face it,no pun intended,but you are always treated better by most people if you look your best. Even though we don't like to admit it most of us do judge a book by it's cover,unfortunately.

• Like 1

Putting my face on...nothing feels better than right after shaving, and yes, I too have to shave my bald head, where little weeds LOL will grow if left unattended.

And shaving the boys before a date

Definitely, shower, got to be clean head to toe

Brush my teeth, rinse with mouthwash.

And clean my glasses

RG

• Like 1

I'm opposite to most guys who replied to this so far, I'm a morning person, up at 5am and ready to work early, I work in a manufacturing/resale/fabrication/construction shop so my clothes are not suit and tie. I keep my hair short or bald in the summer, shave about 3 times a week(I do make sure I'm shaved before a big date), shower every day and clean clothes every day also.

I never wear clothes that have holes in them, they look good for the work that I do. Trim nose/ear hair, no mustache, brush teeth, floss, and clean tongue.

I'm not sure if it counts as putting on a face but I do my exercise in the morning (sit up, push up, stretching etc.) makes me feel good all day.

Any guys gonna fess up to owning concealer for the occasional blemish? :) I don't know what men do without makeup sometimes...

You lose your man card if you use concealer LOL

But now I know why ladies are like this, covering their eyes and screaming when they walk by me LOL

Woman_covering_eyes_with_hands_125JBE03268.jpg

RG :-)

• Like 1

I don't use concealer but I've started to use higher end face creams for both my face and my shaved pate. Especially in the winter when everything is so darn dry. In the summer the first thing that goes on is sunscreen. I'm an early riser and am awake the minute I wake up and I shave every 2-3 days. As far as clothes for...pretty simple, virtually all my clothes are black. I've taken to wearing fedora's and I have a couple different styles in black of course, they look good and make me feel good wearing them.

Personally I prefer some one with out their "face on" as if were. In my many years of relationships not one of these women owned any make up or even lipstick and not even a blow dryer to be seen...lol

Guess I'm attracted to hippy-ish, bohemian, shake their hair and good to go women.

Peace

MG

Any guys gonna fess up to owning concealer for the occasional blemish? :) I don't know what men do without makeup sometimes...

Lol....I don't know how we do it without makeup either Amelia, but we seem to manage ;)

Pretty simple routine for me.....coffee FIRST ! then mach3 razer over my face and head, buzzer over the goatee, throw on jeans and t-shirt and out the door I go, blemishes and all..haha. Very much a casual dresser type of fella.

It seems like many of you shave your heads. How come? My friend does it because he thinks it makes him seem tougher :x He has a well-shaped skull though. I shaved my head once because I was frustrated with other things. It turns out I have a dented head. Why???? Is my brain dented too??

I love my long hair now. And I love a shaved head on a man. Very masculine...... Actually, it does make you seem tougher!

It seems like many of you shave your heads. How come? My friend does it because he thinks it makes him seem tougher :x He has a well-shaped skull though. I shaved my head once because I was frustrated with other things. It turns out I have a dented head. Why???? Is my brain dented too??

I love my long hair now. And I love a shaved head on a man. Very masculine...... Actually, it does make you seem tougher!

Well for me, shaving my head...well the top of my head, still have hair on the sides was more a case of attacking nature head on, pardon the pun

I had, I guess you call normal length hair, but with a bald spot in the back

I could have tried rogaine, or let my hair grow real long and do a combover, or buy a chia pet and sprinkle the seeds on top of my head LOL. But instead I just embraced my upcoming balditity LOL and took clippers and razor to my head and cropped it off. The sides, cut to a brush cut...maybe I'll be courageous enough to go completely bald

BTW to any ladies who I've met, any opinions on whether I should go completely bald, feedback and opinions appreciated

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy

I played baseball and didn't like wearing a hat, my hair was thinning and applying sunscreen became the issue. So off it went and for me there is no going back, I tried and it was brutal, I looked horrible.

As far as looking tougher, that was never the plan although it might be a by-product of the shaved head, black clothes and white goatee combo. I do get the biker-poet thing once in awhile. And I get mistaken for security quite often which is funny because I'm often breaking the rules..lol

Peace

MG

I am a morning person up at 5:15 usually. Now that doesn't mean I'm fully awake. I do like taking my time in the morning so breakfast and a cup of coffee is first while reading the paper. Ok, now I'm part ways up. Then take the dog for a walk. Just about there. Hot shave and shower..yeh feeling good. On with the freshly ironed shirt, suit, tie and shoes. (and I do like high-end made to measure suites) I'm ready!

Well, like others I also do the shave every 2nd day or so but the bathroom routine isn't really what makes me feel ready for the day.

I despise mornings and I'm not usually awake and functioning until the last second before I step out the door. So for me, It's when the leather jacket gets slipped on and the boots are laced up. That's when i'm ready to face the outside world.

Some days I wake up a bit early so I have a nap, hit snooze button, hit snooze button, hit snooze button, ahhhhhh hit that button one to many times! My occupation doesn't call for anything fancy to wear so I just put on a shirt and a pair of pants. Brush teeth, floss, shower, shave if needed, surf the internet for a bit, have a quick meal, brush again, really make the most of those final precious minutes of free time and then it is off to face the outside world!

When I'm going out somewhere and want to look my best, I can't go wrong with a nice suit!

I like to think that I am perfectly groomed at all times, but that is not always the case.

I do have my usual routine, and I have it down to a 'fine art' how I get it done.

There are several styles that I can get into and I have managed to set those styles up so that I can be ready in no time.

My dress is always of high quality and I use fine products.

What gets to me is the person that will call me, at 5am, asking me to be there in 15 minutes! As though I am sitting at the end of their driveway, just 'praying' that person in particular might call me.

A true gentleman will know that a lady cannot be rushed and that appointments are a necessity.

It will take me a few minutes just to 'spruce up' what I have already done for the day, but I am not available 24 hours a day, I do sleep at times and have a schedule for personal errands.

I cannot go out of the house without checking myself in a full length mirror, and knowing that I am fresh and ready.

I always carry a few 'spares' in my purse, such as lipstick, brush, perfume, gum, and have them in small travel sizes. That way I am always ready, just in case.